DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Did you buy in store or online?
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    yeah i would sell them on ebay and try a different brand. it does suck their CS was bad though
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,894
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sometime the only way to find out about the customer service is become a customer...
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Surely all or most new shoes need to be broken in before wearing to a formal event?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,938
    Forumite
    Most stores allow you to try at home for at least 14 days, and as I often find that shoes are OK in the store but not when worn for longer periods I do my best to use that 14 days!

I only wear the shoes indoors, but I soon know if they're really OK or not.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Edi81
    Edi81 Posts: 1,433
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Linzi shoes have a sign up clearly stating no refunds and that your statutory right still apply.
    I don!!!8217;t believe the Sale of Goods Act will cover you.
    I get the same issue and it!!!8217;s just something you need to deal with.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478
    Forumite
    What shop allows you to use them for 14 days and will give a refund? They cant sell them if theyve been used outside, and walking round the house proves nothing!
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Most stores allow you to try at home for at least 14 days, and as I often find that shoes are OK in the store but not when worn for longer periods I do my best to use that 14 days!

they let you wear a pair of shoes at home for 14 days? I've never heard of that.
    What can they do with the shoes someone has had 14 days free use out of, cos they can't exactly sell them on can they, as they are then used shoes, not new ones?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,351
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »

Could you post which stores have this policy.

I know Clark’s will exchange/ maybe refund if only worn at home briefly, not sure if they allow 14 days wear though
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,938
    Forumite
    roddydogs wrote: »
    What shop allows you to use them for 14 days and will give a refund? They cant sell them if theyve been used outside, and walking round the house proves nothing!
    photome wrote: »
    Could you post which stores have this policy.

I know Clark’s will exchange/ maybe refund if only worn at home briefly, not sure if they allow 14 days wear though
    I can't give policies for shoes bought in store without going and trying a few pairs on, which in this heat I'm afraid I'm not prepared to do, but eg TK Maxx, Hotter, Clarks, Skechers - frankly, anywhere I buy shoes from, I ask about the time limit for returns if I only wear the shoes at home.

While I'm pottering around the house, washing up / making tea / sorting out laundry etc I can check whether the shoes still feel comfortable. If I'm in any doubt, they go back.

If they're OK with that kind of use, I take them into work and wear them in the office for a day or so. I change when I arrive and before I leave the office to go home. If the shoes still feel comfortable, I keep them. If I'm in any doubt, they go back.

I never wear them without socks at this point, obviously.

I have 'difficult' feet, and something can feel OK in the shop but start to pinch / rub soon after. If a retailer expects me to make my final decision in store, with no possibility of returns, I won't buy there.

TBH it takes me a long time to buy shoes because so many pairs don't even feel comfortable in the shop.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport