IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dubious CCJ for NHS Aintree

Options
Hello to all
Hoping for some advice and help here hopefully.
Today I received a dubious looking letter from the County court supposedly (small crown in a circle, but no official looking stamp).
It says that the claimant is the Aintree University NHS Trust and that I owe them £169. Address for payment being a Trethowans LLP in Southampton.
First I have heard of anything to do with this. I was rushed to that Hospital with a head trauma and was treated there at the beginning of this year.
It states that the judgement for claimant (in default) top left of letter.
I have no idea of what any of this means and I have never had any CCJ served before so I am really quite worried. So I am hoping that someone could shed some light please.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you receive any paperwork from the court before this? Before a ccj is issued there is usually a mountain of paperwork. Have you received absolutely nothing?

If so you should be able to get a set aside. Look at the top of this board for a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. In that thread is an explanation of the court process including getting a set aside.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would have thought its for a vehicle registered to yourself that incurred a parking charge that was never paid

TRETHOWANS will have acted as solicitors for the trust and issued an MCOL, a court claim against you which you have failed to deal with , leading to a default judgement , a CCJ

if you know nothing about this, it will cost you £255 for a set aside , read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread about set asides etc, near the top of this forum

if this isnt paid (or set aside) , your credit rating will be trashed for 6 years, so it is important

I would say that the document is genuine, especially if it originated from the CCBC in Northampton (the government central office for court claims)
  • josean
    josean Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Did you receive any paperwork from the court before this? Before a ccj is issued there is usually a mountain of paperwork. Have you received absolutely nothing?

If so you should be able to get a set aside. Look at the top of this board for a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. In that thread is an explanation of the court process including getting a set aside.

I havent received any other correspondence no.
  • josean
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    I would have thought its for a vehicle registered to yourself that incurred a parking charge that was never paid

TRETHOWANS will have acted as solicitors for the trust and issued an MCOL, a court claim against you which you have failed to deal with , leading to a default judgement , a CCJ

if you know nothing about this, it will cost you £255 for a set aside , read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread about set asides etc, near the top of this forum

if this isnt paid (or set aside) , your credit rating will be trashed for 6 years, so it is important

I would say that the document is genuine, especially if it originated from the CCBC in Northampton (the government central office for court claims)

Thanks. The address on the envelope is :- CCMCC, PO BOX 527, Salford, M5 0BY
  • Redx
    Options
    then you need to figure out why the court and solicitors knew your current address for this CCJ yet never got any of the mountains of paperwork to you, including the parking charge , reminders , debt collector letters, court papers etc

start with any vehicle you had at the time , could it have incurred a pcn ? is that vehicle registered in your name at your current address etc

there has to be a reason why the paperwork never got to you until now, which is what you will need for a judge to set it aside

that address is the MANUAL HANDLING CENTRE in SALFORD , so its one of the 2 court case offices that deal with these claims, so it will be genuine

google it if you dont believe me
  • josean
    Options
    then you need to figure out why the court and solicitors knew your current address for this CCJ yet never got any of the mountains of paperwork to you, including the parking charge , reminders , debt collector letters, court papers etc

start with any vehicle you had at the time , could it have incurred a pcn ? is that vehicle registered in your name at your current address etc

there has to be a reason why the paperwork never got to you until now, which is what you will need for a judge to set it aside

that address is the MANUAL HANDLING CENTRE in SALFORD , so its one of the 2 court case offices that deal with these claims, so it will be genuine

google it if you dont believe me

I have been away for a few months abroad but still hadnt any correspondence relating to parking fines etc.
  • Redx
    Options
    well if you dont do what I said then how are you going to convince a judge to set it aside for you ?

especially when its clear that the court has your current address ?
  • josean
    Options
    well if you dont do what I said then how are you going to convince a judge to set it aside for you ?

especially when its clear that the court has your current address ?

Ok. There is more... My wife has just informed me that she left the car outside A&E and got a ticket and threw it away, and subsequently received letters relating to the matter but threw them away also, as she didnt want to worry me. Great! It would appear there is nothing much that I can do (vehicle registered to me) but pay the debt now. Thanks for the input.
  • josean
    Options
    I take it that it is too late to appeal the case at this stage then and if I pay then nothing will be recorded against my credit rating?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the date of the CCJ?

If you pay within a month of the judgment, then it will be removed from the register.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure