Add your feedback on energy supplier People's Energy

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Silky_ wrote: »
    I'm looking to switch from Outfox, so want to check if payments are the same over 12 months or are thery split higher winter/lower summer payments?? I'm looking for regular payments to plan my bills. Thanks

The detail you seek appears to be in the supplier’s terms and conditions:

The Direct Debit is based upon the amount of energy we estimate you will use (based upon the information provided by you) from the contract start date.

If you are joining us through the Winter (October,November, December Januaryand Feburary ) the Direct Debit fixed amount may be set at a rate 25% higher than the average. This will then return to the agreed fixed amount for the remaining period.
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was wondering about switching to Peoples Energy from Outfox as well. Looks like I risk the higher rate over the winter as well although the key word there is 'may' so might apply more to high users. Wonder if anyone could possibly confirm if they've switched over recently? I noticed the Peoples Energy rep hasn't commented since October?
    Outfox were charging me £40 a month since September but proposing £71 for the Winter months then £30 for the Summer (estimate is £569). My quote with People's Energy was £50 a month (estimate is £607).
    So potentially I could be paying £62.50 initially but then £50 from March onwards (not April onwards as with Outfox)...
  • I'm very disappointed with Peoples Energy, because:-

1. I thought my 1st attempt to join was successful when I got a Direct Debit confirmation email, but 3 weeks later when asking PE for a start date, they had no record of my account.
    2. I emailed a complaint asking them to explain how this could happen and I'm still waiting for their explanation after 4 weeks.
    3. My 2nd attempt to join PE was OK, then I got 2 emails (within 3 days) giving start dates of 16th Nov and 17th Dec, so I emailed asking which is the correct date ? No response.
    4. My account today shows a balance of -£76.36, although I paid the 1st Direct Debit 2 days ago.
    5. I keep getting emails from PE about 'Metre Reeds' (Sic. Meter Reads), although I'm not a Norfolk Thatcher !

PE Account No. 26908

• padsonline
    padsonline Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 22 November 2018 at 3:13PM
    Account Number – 28201
    I am most unhappy, PE have started taking money from the DD while I am still being charged by my previous supplier. Despite several emails they have not responded. No notification of start of supply has been received and no independent meter reading has been taken. Can somebody help please?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    padsonline wrote: »
    Account Number – 28201
    I am most unhappy, PE have started taking money from the DD while I am still being charged by my previous supplier. Despite several emails they have not responded. No notification of start of supply has been received and no independent meter reading has been taken. Can somebody help please?

Welcome to the forum. Once again, the detail is in the terms and conditions that you signed up to when you switched:

6.9 You agree to pay us by Direct Debit in an agreed fixed amount in advance each month. It should ensure that your account is in credit at all times.

All of the small suppliers that I have been with over the past 3 years have taken the first DD payment either before or on the day of the transfer of supply. Why - because suppliers have to pay their wholesalers in advance. It does lead to what can appear to be a double payment over the transfer period, and I accept that this can be difficult for some consumers on a tight budget.

If the transfer has stalled/been delayed, then you can invoke the DD guarantee and get your money back.
  • Hengus wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum. Once again, the detail is in the terms and conditions that you signed up to when you switched:

6.9 You agree to pay us by Direct Debit in an agreed fixed amount in advance each month. It should ensure that your account is in credit at all times.

All of the small suppliers that I have been with over the past 3 years have taken the first DD payment either before or on the day of the transfer of supply. Why - because suppliers have to pay their wholesalers in advance. It does lead to what can appear to be a double payment over the transfer period, and I accept that this can be difficult for some consumers on a tight budget.

If the transfer has stalled/been delayed, then you can invoke the DD guarantee and get your money back.
    Thanks for explaining that Hengus, it's most helpful. The supplier could have done so in the past week by replying to my emails about this issue. Very poor start to dealing with a new customer. I tried again today btw, once more without response so far.
  • Account Number – 28201
    It sounds like you've got the same problem as I had initially, where I applied online and got confirmation of the DD was setup, but Peoples Energy had no record of my account, so I suggest you cancel the DD PDQ.
    I've had no response from Peoples Energy to my complaint since October, so you're no alone !
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can anyone with Peoples Energy advise if they have mentioned any price increases yet? I'm looking to escape the monthly increases of Outfox but don't want to be out the frying pan into the fire.
  • I'm going to give them a try. Fingers crossed. I hope they allow me to make an initial payment of 2 months on the start date in order to cover the winter period without needing the adjust the DD from the agreed amount.
  • olympusmegavolt
    olympusmegavolt Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2018 at 5:40PM
    Just getting quote from PE website but I notice dual rate electricity is more expensive than a single rate meter, is that correct?
    Seems a bit odd, but if that is the case, is it possible to add the two readings and go on the single rate tariff?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback