Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    Hi, 

You may have noticed that one of your recent Cashback claims was declined by the retailer on 25th May 2011 without a specific decline reason. 

I have now retrieved this reason for you, please see below for the explanation. 

Your sale has been paid to another referrer due to competing cookies on your browser at the time of your purchase.

Another BIG expected payout apparently lost to competing cookies..

funny how its always the big amounts i lose and yet i always clear cookies etc before hand and all the small ones seem to track perfectly...
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I've put in 2 support queries for my transactions with AttractionTix back on 10/10/10 for a total of £30 Cashback

Last reply was in April from LiamC
    I am sorry to tell you that there is a slight delay with your cashback from AttractionTix due to their affiliate network being behind with their processing, but we are working hard to hurry this along for you. Please leave this with us and we will obtain your cashback for you as quickly as possible.

Aaaargh!
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    The High Street Web now has outstanding clicks from 20 December onwards, i.e. 6 months old.

These used to pay very regularly but nothing has been received for months.

Some money has been paid for clicks for topcashback and their outstanding payments are from 1 April onwards which is HSW's standard.

How come topcashback has had funds from HSW up to end March 2011 (and the members have been paid) but you have outstanding clicks that are over 3 months older that haven't been received?

Are topcashback a preferred creditor?

Thanks
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone,

@kikikirunna – I have received your email so I will have a look into this for you shortly, and send you my response today. Please do be aware that it is not the cashback sites who track purchases, it is the affiliate networks, and most cashback sites do use the same affiliate networks to track their purchases.

@m00nie – I am very sorry to hear about this, but I’m afraid we did check several times with the network before sending out this message and it is unfortunately correct. We must emphasise that it is vital that you clear your cookies directly before making a purchase, especially for larger amounts of cashback.

@elisebutt65 – I am very sorry to hear that your purchases are still outstanding, but I’m afraid until the cashback comes through from the network we are unable to pass this on to you, and unfortunately delays can happen. Our payments team do chase up the networks and retailers on a daily basis, so please leave this with us and we will try to get it paid to you as quickly as we can.

@ffacoffipawb – Unfortunately we can’t comment on other cashback sites or indeed networks, all I can confirm is that The High Street Web are behind at the moment with us, but our payments team are working very hard to resolve this.

Kind regards,

Rosie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    so what can be done about it rosie??

i always clear my cookies, and all the smaller transactions seem to go though fine so im puzzled as to why its just the larger ones that fail to track.

this is not the first time i have seen people state they have done everything correct yet still have had the transaction declined to "competing cookies". surely this should be something thats investigated as if people are saying there doing everything right then there is obviously issues somewhere.

to simply say "tough" to your customers is appauling and that is basically what you are saying as with this [STRIKE]excuse[/STRIKE] reason there is no other action taken.

does anybody know what department of a company would deal with the transactions as im going to be contacting the company direct also to find out who they have apparently paid as someone somewhere is now £85 better off for nothing and its just not right..
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    m00nie wrote: »
    does anybody know what department of a company would deal with the transactions as im going to be contacting the company direct also to find out who they have apparently paid as someone somewhere is now £85 better off for nothing and its just not right..

Is it a financial product??

Some of my family and obviously other MSE members have gone both direct to the company and also contacted the Financial Ombudsman Service and asked them to intervene. Results (positive) and some rapid ones have been achieved.
    There is a "dynamic path" (so I've been told) which can be looked at to see the route your transaction took, ie: did it go via Quidco via the Affiliate Network?? This will also be time and date stamped to co-incide with when you took out a transaction.

If not a financial product, then you could complain to the ASA as what was advertised hasn't been given.
    Always take a screenshot of especially high value transactions.

Anyway, good luck and you acknowledge this issue has been going on for a while - I personally know it's been going on for years. ;)

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • G-BNWK
    G-BNWK Posts: 6 Forumite
    I signed up for Sky TV through Quidco in September 2010, to receive £100 cashback.

It has been showing on my account as tracked since January, I have been emailing on a monthly basis from January this year, every time I get a response saying they are still waiting to hear from Sky, and to be patient.

This is very frustrating as we only subscribed to the HD package on the basis that our 12 month subscription would pretty much be counter-balanced by the Quidco incentive, but alas nothing is forthcoming.

This is the first time we have used Quidco but it just seems like a complete waste of time to be honest, I have pretty much lost all hope this will ever turn up. I think we have been pretty patient but Quidco do not seem interested in trying to resolve this.

I think next time we will just save our time and cut them out.
  • quick-sand
    quick-sand Posts: 10 Forumite
    The two transactions I completed through quidco have both been declined - 3Mobile and BT Broadband.

The beauty of the quidco business is that, when they say that the commission was paid to another marketing channel, I cannot check this. And of course by the time they tell me that I will not be receiving cashback, it is too late to return the item under the distance selling regulations.

Obviously someone is being economical with the truth; if I follow the 'clear all cookies etc' instructions and the cashback is still declined, the money goes somewhere. The problem is, of course, that like all good money laundering schemes, there is no trace of where it has gone!!

My advice to anyone thinking of using quidco (I cannot speak for their competition) is only to use them if you can afford to kiss goodbye to your cashback. Always look at other offers as I wish I had done - in the case of 3Mobile, £106 has gone missing but I could have saved £120 over the 2 year life of the contract by taking the exact same contract through a 3 reseller.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    quick-sand wrote: »
    The two transactions I completed through quidco have both been declined - 3Mobile and BT Broadband.

3Mobile have had issues for ages and ages and I see you joined the Quidclan (over 10 pages now!!!!!!!!!!).
    http://www.quidco.com/quidclans/3-mobile-declined-cashback-beware/discussions/10

Obviously issues for 20 months just according to the Quidclan, in reality it's been longer.

This is one of those merchants Quidco REFUSE to ban/remove from their site, despite well known issues. This is another strategy that is costing it's members advertised cashback. This is another high value cashback with issues.

What is the reason for this particular merchant being allowed to be promoted?? There must be a benefit for someone.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone,

@m00nie – We do send each batch of claims back to the retailer every time transactions are declined for this reason, please don’t feel that we don’t do anything about it or don’t care because we do. It is one of the biggest problems that we face and we work very hard to try to overturn the decision of the retailers. Unfortunately on this occasion, we were informed that the decision was correct after sending the claims back on several occasions. Please understand that if we cannot overturn their decision, then we have to accept their decision. If we do not receive the cashback from the retailer then we will not be able to pass it on to you, and it is one of the main reasons that we can never guarantee cashback.

@G-BNWK – I am very sorry that this is still outstanding, and we are aware of a delay with a batch of Sky transactions from around this time that we are working very hard to rectify. I do understand how frustrating it can be waiting for cashback, but please don’t feel that we do not want to resolve this for you. Our payments team chase up the merchants every day, but unfortunately until we receive the cashback from the merchant we are unable to pass this on to you.

@quick-sand – There will certainly be a trace of where the commission has been paid to, but unfortunately we do not receive this information and the networks will not supply us with this information. We do realise how disappointing it is when cashback is declined for this reason, and we are as frustrated as you when we are not able to overturn the decision. We have nothing to gain from cashback being declined for this reason, our priority is for you to receive your cashback; after all that is what we’re here for. I must stress that cashback is never guaranteed, so we would never recommend making a purchase purely based on the cashback that you will receive – always go for the best deal that suits you.

Kind regards,

Rosie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback