DMP mutual support thread part 13 !!

Comments

• January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Rosie1001 wrote: »
    Just has a letter from Lloyd

My debt has been transferred to moorcroft and said they will contact me in near future

What Payments can they ask me to make ... I have £80 left over to pay a month to them , can they make me pay more ..will I have to prove my income / outgoing etc

Thank you in advance

No creditor can ask you to pay more than you can afford. I have been paying £1 per month to each of my creditors for over two years - and one of them even asked me to stop paying that as they felt I couldn't afford it :rotfl:

The important thing is to ensure you communicate with your creditors and/or debt collection agency. Do not ignore them as that is when they ramp up the collection chasing processes.

I have never sent any creditor or DCA wage slips or bank statements to prove my income/expenditure. They have always taken me at my word.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • January, are creditors allowed to check what you owe other creditors without your permission as they would have to run a credit check on you? Not sure of the ins and outs so I’m sure your right but just double checking?!
  • Yes - each creditor needs to see you are treating all creditors fairly and equally. They can see what you owe everyone from your creditor reports anyway, so none of this is confidential information. The statement produced by NEDCAB is intended for you to include all that information to be sent to EVERY creditor and show you are not prioritising one over others.

Thank you for answering my question. I’ve left it on. I’m only using the DMP for my credit card debts. I have two small debts to catalogues which should be paid off in the next month. I hope this isn’t going to anger the credit card companies.
  • January2015
    Thank you for answering my question. I’ve left it on. I’m only using the DMP for my credit card debts. I have two small debts to catalogues which should be paid off in the next month. I hope this isn’t going to anger the credit card companies.

If they are small and paid off next month, then don't worry about them not being included in your DMP or on your financial statement. Creditors will be fine.

I owed Very about £800 when I started my DMP. I included them in my DMP, but I also paid them directly every month with lump sums because buy now pay later was going to be added six months after I started my DMP. That would have added over £1000 to my debt plus interest and I just wanted it gone and no interest added.... I didn't tell my other creditors but I'm sure they could work it out from my credit reference files as it showed what I was paying Very each month. It was never a problem.
  • Rosie1001
    Rosie1001 Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Car boot ...

Yes it says it’s just getting managed by them , it states that on letter that account has been transferred to them , debt not sold

I self managed so no DMP , no payments in place to Lloyd’s ...they closed my account and I heard nothing until yesterday

Can I refuse telephone contact with moorcroft ??

I was under customer priorities team at Lloyd’s , they said moorcroft have a similar team that will be dealing with my account
  • Morning All!
    Hope everyone is doing ok?
    Quick update on the DMP I'm sorting for my OH.
    Due to ill health, he has made me his advocate and we have notified all the creditors that this is the case. So far, everyone (MBNA, Aviva & HSBC) have been fine with this. Barclaycard will not accept it but it's just tough, they will have to. They telephoned the house yesterday, after being asked to communicate by letter only. OH answered the call (he forgot that I told him not to answer) and said they had to deal with me and they did apologies but continued to press him for payment, so he hung up.
    However, I wanted to praise MBNA - they have been so supportive. I have to say I am very surprised considering the size of debt (35,000+). So, a nice start to, what has been a pretty awful 3 years of illness, the road to recovery both physically and financially.
    Good luck everyone and have a lovely day.
    DMP launched 04/07/17 left to pay = £14,238.79 (£16,982.82 original debt.) Thanks to MSE & all you wonderful Forum Peeps!:T
  • January2015
    I'm in the process of setting up a DMP and opened a new bank account a few weeks ago (Nationwide). My old bank account is with Tesco and there is an overdraft which I plan to include in the DMP.

I used Nationwide's "partial switch" service to change over the DDs and had thought that the Tesco account would remain open. The plan once everything was switched was to contact Tesco about the DMP.

However, Tesco have written to me today to say the account switch is going ahead and my Tesco account will be closed in 7 days. It says they will move any funds to my new account (I don't have any - the overdraft is at the maximum). I'm worried that they'll try to move the overdraft over to my new account, is this a possibility?

It does say "you'll need to pay any remaining arranged or unarranged overdraft balance on your Tesco Bank account before it can be closed".

Does anyone know what will happen, will they try to transfer the overdraft?

Thanks.

If you have opened a basic bank account then the will definitely be no overdraft facility with Nationwide and the overdraft cannot be moved.

The sentence about paying remaining arranged or unarranged overdraft covers this and Tesco will most likely know it cannot be moved - that sentence covers them in stating that you have to pay it..... which you will through your DMP.

A bit late now, but the advice for people entering a DMP and open new bank accounts is never to use the switching service.
  • January2015
    purplepaws wrote: »
    Morning All!
    Hope everyone is doing ok?
    Quick update on the DMP I'm sorting for my OH.
    Due to ill health, he has made me his advocate and we have notified all the creditors that this is the case. So far, everyone (MBNA, Aviva & HSBC) have been fine with this. Barclaycard will not accept it but it's just tough, they will have to. They telephoned the house yesterday, after being asked to communicate by letter only. OH answered the call (he forgot that I told him not to answer) and said they had to deal with me and they did apologies but continued to press him for payment, so he hung up.
    However, I wanted to praise MBNA - they have been so supportive. I have to say I am very surprised considering the size of debt (35,000+). So, a nice start to, what has been a pretty awful 3 years of illness, the road to recovery both physically and financially.
    Good luck everyone and have a lovely day.

MBNA were fantastic with us. Absolutely the best creditor to deal with from day 1. Interest frozen permanently, prompt default and always, always polite, supportive, understanding and helpful.

Oh but that all creditors could take a leaf out of MBNAs little book.
  • jubilee14
    jubilee14 Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Got an email today from SC as my DMP is coming to an end. Need to double check final accounts balances. I’ve been doing this through credit agencies throughout. But it makes it real my debt journey is coming to an end. Though few more months to go. Hurray
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • Congratulations Jubilee! That’s so good! How have you found being in a DMP? How king were you in one? I’ve just started and I have 14 years projected although hopefully will be shorter! Seems like a long road ahead 😒
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback