Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I found this on the £5 shelf today, took it to self-scan with the intention of seeing whether the price had come down...and was delighted to buy it for £2. I didn't appreciate how big the bottle is from Loulou's picture, it's 750ml so roughly 3 times the size of an ordinary shampoo bottle and is supposed to retail at £9.99. I shall report back as to whether it actually works or not!

360890463-1.jpg

Was disappointed not to find the COLAB dry powder shampoo, but picked up Nutrafix dry powder shampoo spray (200ml) instead. I can't find a pic of it online. It passed the sniff test instore, scented like hairspray.

I also found this - which allegedly retailed at £11.99 at Boots! - old review here:
    lee-stfford.jpg

Lastly, I hadn't seen this before but - apparently selling for £2+ elsewhere - again it smelled pleasant enough so I bought a couple, thinking they'll do for a holiday:

DermaV10-Anti-Aging-Body-Oil-200ml-0082037.jpg?sw=545&sh=545&sm=fit
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 August 2018 at 11:44AM
    Options
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier:
    zak! Batman Food Container 10.5oz £1 (I assume, didn't buy one!)
    zfq29gs.jpg?1
    House Of Holland by Elegant Touch Breton Babe 2g, Majestic Marble. L'Oreal Color Riche Le Nail Art (other varieties too) and Max & More Maximum Volume Fake Lash Effect Volumising Mascara 15ml, all £1.
    1zquUdL.jpg?1
    (Mistakenly thought Max & More was Max Factor - their website: http://www.maxmakeup.eu/ ).
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier:
    zaki Batman Food Container 10.5oz £1 (I assume, didn't buy one!)
    zfq29gs.jpg?1

LouLou, Thanks need to get some for my partner. To put away for xmas. He will love them.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • LouLou
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    LouLou, Thanks need to get some for my partner. To put away for xmas. He will love them.

Yours

Calley x
    I know a Batman fiend so went back earlier - there were only two (rather messily opened) on the shelf. Maybe prospective buyers were put off by the size.

It has an airtight screw-on lid and rubber seal so you could keep food in it, but they are pretty small, so, probably 40 teabags at a push.

You can store anything you like in it, of course, worth it for kitsch value :) Oh, and they are £1 :)
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    I know a Batman fiend ....................

I know several ......

Joker
    Penguin
    Catwoman
    The Riddler

:D:D:D:D

live just down the street :rotfl:
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • LouLou
    Options
    quoia wrote: »
    I know several ......

Joker
    Penguin
    Catwoman
    The Riddler

:D:D:D:D

live just down the street :rotfl:
    Well, you're telling someone who used to collect comics (hence the WW avatar ;)) :) And my house is full of action figures and all sorts of comic-related merchandise. Stuff I couldn't/didn't get when I was young, I suppose!
  • LouLou
    edited 5 August 2018 at 10:59PM
    Options
    Quick nip in to Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow:

Winnie The Pooh And Friends books, £1, says £5.99 on the back.v4Ed51a.jpg
    At the Cosmetics section, there's also "Collection" (used to be called Collection 2000) Lip Balms, in Pink Strawberry, Green Apple and Orange Burst packs, 3 for £1.
    UY08yTa.jpg
    Edit 5th August: Trongate, Glasgow store has lots of these Pooh books, most of the titles above and a few titled All About Tigger (bought one of those).
  • LouLou
    edited 7 August 2018 at 6:03PM
    Options
    Sort-of Poundland related, as Stroopwaffels were an old favourite in stores, for me, anyway (where have they gone?? Might message Poundland and ask).

Anyway, they're apparently 69p a pack in B&M and £1.20 in Asda (10 x Daelmans Stroopwaffels). Thanks to the HUKD members 143AD and Halz1985 who pointed this out! https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/daelmans-10-caramel-stroopwaffels-290g-120-in-store-and-online-asda-3006177

Not the same brand as Poundland, but I've tried these before - they're very nice :)

Edit: Poundland replied to me this morning: "..have checked our stock system but i'm afraid we don't sell the Stroopwafels anymore. So sorry for any inconvenience." :(
  • LouLou
    Options
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow - various varieties of TRESemme 500ml Shampoos And Conditioners - Platinum Strength, Colour Revitalise, Smooth & Silky, £2.
    dTTgvsv.jpg?1
    Marvel 8 x Ice Cube Trays, £1.
    3AvMi6c.jpg?1
    12 Pack Of Paper-Mate Ballpoint Pens, Black or Blue, £1 (near the tills)
    rnzqnGn.jpg?1
    Card 'N' Go Seek, £1 - see it on Amazon here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Card-N-Go-Seek-Game/dp/B00RYZRB9M
    3jowdgE.jpg?1
  • mummypops
    Options
    Found mudguards, both a front and rear guard for a bicycle.
    Perfect fit that would have cost me £5.99 in Decathalon. Bought two sets for two different bikes in hope it will keep bums dry!! :rotfl:

They also had a great puncture repair kit, gel saddle cover and a pump that will clip on your bike. Great value.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback