Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• studentguy
    studentguy Posts: 188 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2018 at 8:22PM
    Using a broker

Bank: Clydesdale

Offer put in: 19th May
    Chain completed: 16th June
    Met with broker: 23rd June
    Mortgage applied for: 25-27th June (unsure of exact date as it was with our broker who did it)
    Informed of Valuation being booked: 2nd July
    Valuation booked for: 12th July (big waiting list with all surveyors in area apparently)
    Additional documents requested and asking questions as to why my partner was in and out of jobs a couple of years ago (she was temping): 9th July
    Now just waiting!
    Despite my name, I'm not a student any more
  • sheepy21
    sheepy21 Posts: 221 Forumite
    edited 12 July 2018 at 1:32PM
    Hi all, we're ftb and getting a mortgage with Nationwide. Must say that despite having a broker I've had to make contact with Nationwide and the ea to get things moving! Valuation wouldn't have been happening for a few more weeks if I hadn't whipped everyone a bit. Searches etc are all done, contracts and paperwork signed, so as soon as the mortgage offer is received by our solicitor we can exchange :j

07/6/2018- full application
    19/06/2018- approved subject to valuation
    09/07/2018- valuation taken place, receive by nationwide 8.30pm

UPDATE
    12/07/2018- text from nationwide first thing to say mortgage has been offered :D
  • srik
    srik Posts: 7 Forumite
    srik wrote: »
    Our Time Line- Lender: Clydesdale
    Application made by Broker: 18/06/2018
    Valuation Instructed on: 20/06/2018
    Valuation Booked on: 21/06/2018
    Valuation Date: 27/06/2018
    Verbal Confirmation of Satisfactory Valuation: 29/06/2018
    Telephone Call from Broker to advice that file passed to underwriter: 02/07/2017
    Hard Credit Check on Experian- 02/07/2018
    Phone Call from Broker advising underwriter requesting additional documentation-05/07/2018
    Additional Documents submitted-05/07/2018
    Recevied Email and Phone call from Broker to advice application approved-09/07/2018

Update:
    Recevied PDF copy of the formal offer by email: 12/07/2018

Considering all the horror stories about Clydesdale, I think our application being self employed went through fairly smoothly and quickly.
  • Hi all,

Update from earlier post (FTB, 5% deposit on 3 year FR with Clydesdale):

18/6 - offer accepted
    27/6 - full application, though documents weren’t sent until 2/7
    6/7 - valuation completed
    10/7 - passed to underwriter
    12/7 - informed underwriter happy to proceed to offer, which should be received next week

All in all, assuming nothing goes wrong with the offer stage, nowhere near as drawn out as I was led to believe it would be with Clydesdale.
  • heston2014
    heston2014 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi All

Going through one of the stressful moments of my life, remortgaging LTB to purchase second home.

Complex LTB due to decked access property, broker obtained AIP for LTB and onward purchase. Offer has been accepted, application for LTB submitted yesterday and now waiting anxiously for decision.

LTB with Vida homelands / onward with Halifax but not yet submitted application. Existing mortgage also with Halifax.

Hoping for good news, keeping everything crossed.
  • studentguy
    edited 16 July 2018 at 11:31AM
    studentguy wrote: »
    Using a broker

Mortgage applied for: 25-27th June (unsure of exact date as it was with our broker who did it)
    Valuation booked for: 12th July (big waiting list with all surveyors in area apparently)
    Additional documents requested and asking questions as to why my partner was in and out of jobs a couple of years ago (she was temping): 9th July
    Now just waiting!

First Credit Check: 2nd July
    Second Credit Check: 3rd July
    Third Credit Check: 15th July
    Mortgage Approved: 15th July :T
    Awaiting formal mortgage offer
  • crystal1212
    crystal1212 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 16 July 2018 at 11:46AM
    Lender : BM Solutions
    Application made by Broker: 11/07/2018
    Valuation Instructed on:
    Valuation Booked on:
    Valuation Date:
  • Tufa
    Tufa Posts: 43 Forumite
    FTB with HTB London here, a bit cold water with L&C.

09/06 Offer made
    12/06 Offer accepted and started to gather all the paperwork to MA
    13/06 Mortgage application sent to L&C and from here every day we had to submit different paperwork to them.
    21/06 All paperwork been sent finally to Halifax (MA was on holiday, or didn't see my e-mail, etc..)
    22/06 ATP Issued (with wrong names)
    22/06 Valuation booked in
    28/06 Second ATP issued with correct names
    29/06 Valuation date
    02/07 Valuation rejected, down-valued the flat with an unrealistic price (original purchase price £493k, minus discount £5k, the flat valued to £420k where as no any other new development in 2 mile radius!)
    03/07 New mortgage application to Barclays (with wrong names again and info again, notified them, assumed they have corrected it)
    06/07 More information needed (L&C didn't forward the information to Barclays)
    13/07 More information needed again (apparently the wrong application form flagged up at Barclays as i had no job based since 2015 on the form, which is of course wrong)
    16/07 More information needed again (Wife had password protected payslips, and L&C didn't forward the password to Barclays, so had to do another employer referencing)

Today called Barclays directly to get some info as no updates from L&C.
    Still no valuation booked, god knows how long this will take..
    L&C only helpful and keep you in the loop until you send all the paperwork at the first stage. Once it's passed to the case manager, it is just painful and every time I ask about my case, the CM acts like he is doing a favor to me by answering(IF he is answering). I would let them to their job if they don't mess up my case on various occasion. I will go with a different broker next time for sure... :mad:
  • studentguy
    studentguy wrote: »

First Credit Check: 2nd July
    Second Credit Check: 3rd July
    Third Credit Check: 15th July
    Mortgage Approved: 15th July :T
    Awaiting formal mortgage offer

Formal mortgage offer received: 20th July
  • Juniortopp
    Juniortopp Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    So full offer given on 12/07/18 and title deeds received.

Just awaiting date if entry.

Thanks for all this support here.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport