Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Didn't you give him anything for the dog?

Don't you start :p the treats are for his dog :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    mhoc wrote: »
    So are we all, in shock!

No, just a normal version of water heating - my expectations are very low so I am rarely disappointed!

-( I am trying to be covert as its an open thread and Argooose probably know that we discuss them at regular intervals :) )

Your reputation will go before you forever - every freebie and offer is now judged against Enterprise and the massive TV :rotfl: You need to put them in your signature - Yes I did get a massive TV for free but I am still loveable :rotfl:

I don't think they mind - search Argos Testers on twitter, they encourage you to put it on social media.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    davemorton wrote: »
    I always buy mine online then get them fitted locally. Try places like mytyres, camskill and oponeo (some of these, you can also opt for a delivery to a local tyre fitter with a price quoted for fitting). Also worth checking out Asda tyres and Black Circle for fitted prices if they do your area, and costco if you are a member.

Thanks DM, dh ordered thru black circle before, but we checked all the above ended up going direct to one of the garages one of which we would never have thought of going to if it hadn't come up on asda tyres, also managed to get a discount code :) and getting done in the morning :)
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    COS whole earth granules reduced to £3:50 but got £4.99 back:j
    Was your co op on the list of shops they show on CoS. Just wondered as there are none of my local co-ops showing on CoS for this offer and wondered how reliable it is.
  • HILLBERN
    Went to main dealer for cars 1st mot, it failed due to a split in a tyre and 2 other tyres were advised to be changed, the tread was fine but the condition of them is not good, I think probably due to the awful road surface and pot holes especially on M11 :(with my weekly journey to and fro to London.
    After some pointers from DM new tyres fitted locally tomorrow then back to Norwich for the mot next Thursday, I don't get home from London til Wednesday evening ... phew!!!
    ...but ... theres always a but, but this but is good :)
    Norwich is the nearest place to use our £10 AP, we found a nice vintage pub :) who lso happen to be on the list for shoppmium free Ribena drinks:) so today we had the lunchtime special 2 courses and 2 bottles of free Ribena, paid using AP uploaded receipt in pub for shopmium and have already been paid £2.70 x 2 into paypal :)
    We purchased another 2 bottles with the remaining credit on one of the AP for DH shopmum...:)
    so back there again next week to use our remaining AP vouchers when we have the car re mot
  • HILLBERN
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    COS whole earth granules reduced to £3:50 but got £4.99 back:j

I was just going to post the same :)

my coop wasn't on the list but they did have them in store and ive already been paid :)
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I think I am going to go nuts soon, this is irritating me that much.

On FB on my phone, not on my tab or lappie, there is a message notification. I have gone right through all the messages, there is not one that I have not dealt with. After today's update the app kept crashing so I uninstalled it and reinstalled. For a blissful hour or two there was no message notification there.

Guess what, it has reappeared :mad::mad:

Any ideas please?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mhoc wrote: »
    Can he find anything though?
    My grumpty git will only cook if I fetch everything out for his - even things clearly at eye level in the fridge or cupboard. Every thing has a set place in the freezer and fridge but even so he wont get them out himself.
    If he starts work on the salad before I am ready (which is a 2 person job to get everything cut up and ready) he will only take a few things out of the fridge at a time, In this weather opening and shutting the fridge door a dozen times does not do thermostats much good - I try and tell him ...
    Oh they must be brothers!!

He had decided today, while I was out that we would have 'peppered steaklets' and had got them out of the freezer, and told e when I got home that that was what we were having.. I, a bit naughty , said 'and what are you doing with those?
    Well, have we got any new pots? Me thinking 'just bl00dy look' oh yes...
    10 mins later, do you want some sauce or relish with this?
    Yep.. one of those from the bottom shelf (I'm seriously avoiding going into the kitchen at this time)

Well he says, I didn't know we had those... the most recent bb date is over a year ago - they've been there for yonks!:rotfl::rotfl:

Surprisingly the meal was nice!!
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    I'm on flyby:D

Has anyone mentioned the Dove Deoderants on Shopmium?

£3.50 in T comparing to £2 in A

A chance to make a profit.:)

I'm thinking that Brand guarantee is ending this weekend so don't hang around
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills