PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,902 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    1)
    5) Tea, oh the glory of a cuppa even when it's boiling outside always makes my world a better place.
    me too. put the kettle on :-)
    1) up at 6:15 for FFO. Squats, burpees and pressups interspersed with running 200m with an 8kg kettle bell.
    2) then lift to work, porridge, shower and a pint of tea
    3) boss brought in her darling new puppy.
    4) treated myself to an icecream on the way home from work.
    5) mrpiano cooking supper. didn't sleep well last night so early night tonight.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Good Morning,

Lovely and cool sitting in the garden.

Yesterday

1. Gentle start to the day, as went to visit a school from home. It is out in the countryside, so journey was beautiful. (Wish I could do that every day). Perfect for our student, and the family liked it. :j

2. Saw an ex student. He is thriving and so tall! Had a hug and a bit of a moment :o

3. Another good meeting in the afternoon.

4. Managed to get some bits of makeup to send out to DD with her friend who is visiting her at the weekend.

5. Fajitas for tea were not my best effort, but we had Magnums afterwards. :)

Have a lovely day :)

Today will be a bit different, cos I am at a course in Leicester. :j
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Had a slightly longer chat than our usual hello to someone I walk past most mornings I walk to the bus. Also stroked her dog for longer than normal.

2. Saw some lovely patients at work. Mainly cheerful and some very talkative children. I love their outlook on life and how they look at things.

3. Managed to get everything done that I had wanted to do which rarely happens especially on a Wednesday.

4. Walked home and stood and admired the view for a while.

5. Peaceful evening as spent some time in the garden, quick tidy up in the house and a quick snooze. Everyone else was out so an early night and read my book.

6. DH texted me to email a form to someone as he couldn't do it and I managed it. My way was easier than his solution.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Morning, another lovely day but I'm struggling a bit, still really tired!

- Nice charity shop bargains yesterday, lovely skirt (still with label on) and 6 dinner plates

- Chemist accepted OH's prescription prepayt, even though I don't have a card or letter yet just a number in an email. Phew, would have been very, very pricey otherwise!!

- Day lilies out now, lovely

- Sky 'died' yesterday at 10pm precisely :rotfl:. £83.50 saved a month :D:D:D:D:D:D

- My purple basil plants (still 'seedlings' really even though I sowed them in a month before the monster courgettes!) are finally big enough for me to use a couple of leaves.

- I won some lemon basil seeds so I'll try those next year and hopefully they'll be more vigorous :rotfl:
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Wednesday pleasures,

Our lovely postlady caught me chatting to the birds as I filled up the feeders, she was very polite and just smiled.

One of my fellow OStylers came to visit horse girlie, a dedicated animal lover so a real kindred spirit. Pony was well behaved and enjoyed a bath whilst being fed parsnips and apples, it’s a tough life eh.

Afternoon in the garden, pleasant in the shade and little dog enjoyed her paddling pool.

Dead headed climbing rose and otherwise pottered, anticipate the first tomato will be ready by the weekend.

Pork kebabs and couscous for tea, no oven on thankfully.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all - just love waking up to blue sky and sunshine.

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Had my oven professionally cleaned :T looks brand new and was worth every penny
    2. Lunch with friends - good to catch up. Had a gluten free vegan wrap - i'm on a roll
    3. Finished transcribing my longest interview - 4 more to go. Decided i didn't like one of the women (there were two on the tape) cos she kept butting in, despite my best endeavours to stop her
    4. Watched Poldark, all caught up now - poor doctor ennis :(
    5. Had christmas dinner for tea :rotfl: as it was just me here and i thought i'd use it up as it was (obviously) six months old now. it was luvverly

Have a good day all - postponed my visit to ICT until tomorrow as having hair cut and coloured this afternoon. The sunshine has made me quite blond so will be a shame to go darker but the roots are showing. To be fair, int this weather, the blonde will come through again...
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • V Booked into the gym refresh scam tonight. Has to keep up my appearances and things. Hard work staying beach ready this long!

4 Tea last night we had hot snorkers in a roll as well as cornet ice creams. Proper foods and good for you!

3 Back at the mill and teaching the grads. Real thoughts instead of carp they’ve had for years! See what happens when you get to the mill?

2 days now until glory.

Had one yesterday. Finally had to tell a shoveller to go and please himself elsewhere. That link inn thing had detected something awry! Well, whens yous inns with HR, yes you read that correctly, had notice that although millwright has bought another cloth manufactory downstream, one should always check afore sending them a bio! Made it easier in the end.

And theres more BoPiness tomorrow!
  • 1) Making the decision on new armchairs and going to the Swedish shop and actually buying them! no more waffling!

2) Giving my pal some bay leaves off the garden tree to dry for the winter.

3) I've already cooked supper while it was cooler this morning and only have a microwave reheat to do when it cools down this evening.

4) In anticipation, we're taking that Cookie dog walking this evening rather than frying her this afternoon, footpaths, lanes, down to the river for the breeze and hopefully home cooler.

5) Yet another container full of loganberries and of course.....many beans!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    See how quickly I can type this before battery runs out!

Lovely day. Bit cooler though still warm.

Nice-ish dog walk.

Went bathroom shopping but didn't buy.

Had lunch with DD2

A bit of a garden sofa snooze.

GN came and is staying overnight . We went to our castle , had a play at the river. Re-created a photo with GN and DD2 from 4 years ago today .
    Was rather funny.

Nipped into T on way back and got some picnic stuff for tomorrow .

Very thankful to the NHS for all that they do and have done.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,902 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

2 days now until glory.
    hope it's glory not gory.

1) another day of wonderful sunshine. lovely walk in
    2) delicious hm salad for lunch - eggs and avocado
    3) top front seat on the bus - i know, such a child :T
    4) won the premium bonds. for a glorious 5 minutes (between email and logging in) planned spending the million. reality of £25 is certainly better than nowt.
    5) lovely walk home then mrpiano cooked me lish salmon, red cabbage and brocolli. Stuffed!
    off to hartlepool tomorrow.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport