Retailer removed items from my order but still charged full postage

13»

Comments

• bobbly wrote: »
    I'm really surprised how many MSE forumites seem to think that the retailer's actions are acceptable here.

There are lots of dead martyrs. You have to weigh up the risk and reward of taking the fight forward, most of us are just being pragmatic.

Just don't buy from them again as I said in post #2.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have recently sent two parcels using Hermes. To obtain a signature on delivery there is an additional charge. I should think SD elected not to pay the extra for a signature, so before you start talking about something being illegal, and suggesting the courier could be up to no good, it might be as well to know if a signature was paid for.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    The only time I buy from Sports Direct is when I know something will definitely fit me i.e. I've tried the same thing on in store but they haven't got the colour I want.

I understand that delivery is a flat rate £4.99 and factor that in when deciding if what I want to buy is good value or not.
    And I opt for 'click and collect' so I get a £5.00 voucher to spend in store. - vouchers have a long date on them, usually at least a year.
    I either use the vouchers to buy sports socks or pass it on to my sister to buy her lad stuff for school.
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You do realise things do sell out before website is updated to reflect stock.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• bobbly
    bobbly Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Sncjw wrote: »
    You do realise things do sell out before website is updated to reflect stock.
    That sounds like their problem, not mine.
  • bobbly
    bobbly Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So I was only after a relatively small refund out of principle.

But because the retailer never bothered to respond to me, I opened a PayPal dispute for the full £4.99 delivery cost, as that is what I would have to pay to have the rest of the order delivered when it's back in stock.

But they didn't respond to that dispute either, so when I escalated it to a PayPal claim over a week later, I asked for a £10 partial refund to make up for the inconvenience caused by their rubbish customer service too.

... and I just got my £10 back :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport