Santander Everyday Credit Card

The Everyday Credit Card is advertising 27months 0% on balance transfers with no BT fee.
When applying for this card I was informed that so-long-as Santander give me notice first, they can change the interest free period after I've made by balance transfer. I did question this with their member of staff who confirmed it. This doesn't sound correct to me. MSE is this correct or did I get someone who requires a bit more training on their products? If it is correct I think this needs highlighting.

Comments

• Of course they can - it's their card
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Section 22 of the T&Cs. In a nutshell, they can change the agreement with 30 days notice.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    They are unlikely to change the terms of the interest free period unless you have broken the agreement or they find you have given false information when applying. If they did that for no reason they would likely get a kicking from the regulator. One problem could be if they offer differing periods subject to underwriting and you BT before you have the card in your hand.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure