To purchase OCEA bathroom TV or not?

Options
I'm really keen to purchase a TV for my bathroom however I'm just not sure if it's safe enough for me and my family.

On the other hand, me-time in the bathtub is what my wife really enjoys and I want to give her that.

Help me aka a confused family-guy.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    These are the waterproof TVs that you stick on the wall and they run off 12v, presumably for the bathroom it'll be the electric shaver connection? They're marketed as waterproof and it's probably no more dangerous than your electrical shower which you have to touch while wet to turn off, surely?

These look quite expensive and I'd probably argue that unless you're going to spend a significant amount of time in the bathroom, it may not get a lot of use.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A book is cheaper if it accidentally ends up in the bath. :)
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Buy a tablet and use that to watch tv listen to radio in the bath,no mains involved.
  • jawncarlo
    Options
    Hella expensive but if the wife wants it, what can I do haha but thanks!
  • jawncarlo
    Options
    My wife loves watching Netflix shows and I reckon the TV would be perfect near the tub.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @jawncarlo

Tell your wife that long exposure to water will dry her skin up and make her look like a prune. No amount of moisturiser can replace what is taken out of the skin by a long bath.

But seriously, ask a full qualified electrician what they think about the idea and especially about the placement of the TV in a bathroom.
  • theaasmith
    Options
    Well, waterproof bathroom tvs are cool stuff but if you want to spend your money right away on a luxury appliances then go. Make sure that bathroom tv can be installed on the bathtub. Take precautions and safety guidelines seriously and also ask assistance for installation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure