Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Comments

• So, I'm now down to 1 mg of prednisolone , since Wednesday . So far so good . Applied online for a couple of jobs . Just throwing darts ,so won't build hopes up . I am not dickens so haven't great expectations as yet .

Had to get up early after a good nights sleep . Could've stayed , but I've decided to get james in to look at radiators as that compan reactive never got back to me . I'm unsure of whether to complain now , or wait till they service my boiler latrrnin the year for the annual service ..and then dump them leaving a complaint via email then .
    Have been paying over £17.50 per month since June last year ,and when I called them they haven't been there for me . I have been too laid back but now that I have to pay james they will be told .
    Still, watching everybody loves Raymond again is still a nice start to the morning . Just have to turn tv off after Frasier ( yes I know they've been watched to death).

Was gonna go to the gym today , but as james is coming around it is put off tilll Monday .
  • So james has been . He tapped the rads with a mallet initially .
    He said to give it a week for the sludge to dissolve . If that doesn't work , it'll probably best to get new 2 radiators .
    They're fairly cheap , and will be a days work . That's the worst case scenario .
    In the meantime , I will send an email to reactive complaining about their ( lack of ) service and customer care ..
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hello AC, I have to say that Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier are morning favourites of mine when I'm off work. It just sets my day up as I go through my plans for the day while I'm watching them and they brighten my mood too.

What a let down your radiator company were, especially when you're paying for a service you weren't getting. I love the mallet wallop! A friend of mine told me yesterday that everything works better after a smack ;).

This weather is not good for radiator issues though so I hope it gets sorted soon.
  • Another vote for everybody loves Raymond and frasier.

My brother is almost 68 and has worked in management most of his life. Usual 9-5 scenario. He was recently made redundant but is determined to keep working and continues to apply for similar positions. I have to say my hopes are fading due to ‘ageism’. What has surprised me is that he has registered with an agency and been doing all sorts of different things - currently warehouse work involving heavy lifting and 6am starts. He is loving it! He is mixing with all ages and nationalities and just thrives on the banter. So, there’s a lot to be said for an open mind...

All the best for 2019 AC, i think you are well on your way to achieving your goals.
  • Hi MT :)

I sent a polite email to reactive ,reminding them that nobody has called me and was asking what I am actually paying for . I told them that I have been laid back , as I obviously understand that tradespeople are very busy at this kind of year etc . They are looking into everything , and told me an engineer will be in touch to arrange a home visit . We'll see..

Didn't sleep too well last night and ended up having a thumping headache around 5am. Then I realised I left heating on overnight .
    Never a good thing to do.

Will be seeing Mr trainer this morning . Music room almost done.
    Have a few things to do this week . Have to get a letter drafted for when I get the courage to apply for benefits etc .

I also have to retrieve a box file and scan my hospital letters for mr trainer , going back as far as being misdiagnosed with Bell's palsy .
    It'll be interesting to see how much prednisolone I started off with..
    I remember being totally monged out in the early days .
  • Flo61 wrote: »
    Another vote for everybody loves Raymond and frasier.

My brother is almost 68 and has worked in management most of his life. Usual 9-5 scenario. He was recently made redundant but is determined to keep working and continues to apply for similar positions. I have to say my hopes are fading due to ‘ageism’. What has surprised me is that he has registered with an agency and been doing all sorts of different things - currently warehouse work involving heavy lifting and 6am starts. He is loving it! He is mixing with all ages and nationalities and just thrives on the banter. So, there’s a lot to be said for an open mind...

All the best for 2019 AC, i think you are well on your way to achieving your goals.

Hello flo :)

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement . What annoys me , is that I was a hell of a lot stronger until 2014 . Lots of people look at me as if I still am . I now have to go for part time/ early mornings .
    I will probably approach agencies . It's just a question of when .
    I know that you get treated like crap by the gvt and have to justify that you're looking for another job . This means that I don't know whether to approach agencies now or after I've gone on unversal credit or whatever . The annoying thing for me also, is that apart from my break now , I had less than 6 months unemployed and only signed on for 2 weeks in 2006/7.
    Glad things are working out for your brother . Change is life , and we have to try and adapt with the changes .
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

Have to get a letter drafted for when I get the courage to apply for benefits etc .

A letter? Who for? It won't make any difference when applying for benefits, you just fill the forms in. And if applying for ESA, you'll need to send in stuff from doctors etc (which generally gets ignored). But I can't reiterate strongly enough that if applying for ESA, get a disability benefits advisor to help fill in the forms, as you're more likely to get it that way. They know the key words to use, etc, to get the best outcome.

I would sign up with agencies before signing on, then you can show you're already looking for work.
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I hope your head is feeling better AC. I have always felt awful at times I've left the heating on. Some nights when I've been out I get home to a bitterly cold house but know it would be worse to keep the heating on and sleep.

How was it with Mr Trainer? Do you enjoy the sessions?

You're sounding like you're on top of things. Isn't it a good feeling being organised and having goals? I can only get that feeling being on here and holding myself accountable for the changes I want to make.

Happy new week, AC.
  • Hello MT :)
    Yeah, the head was a lot better by the time raymond came on this morning :rotfl:

Today was tough. I had heavy cardio for the first time in a while .
    Howver, mr trainer kept telling me I was superb , so I'm not complaining :)
    I'm in the middle of a home made smoothie. I always enjoy my session with mr trainer as. I know that it's all good progress . I'm lucky that I can still afford it for now , but a good personal trainer is worth every penny. I'm grateful for everyone telling me that it looks like I'm on top of things . I have a plan and am sticking to it as I believe it's the only way forward .

MT , you always seem to be progressing also . Just keep keeping on. Something like that ..:rotfl:
  • Strange morning again . Woke up with headache around 5am .
    Then listened to the radio but fell asleep . Ended up waking up around 8am . Fair enough . I had the sniffles a bit , but not too bad .

So , the plan was to move my @rse and make more of an effort to go to the gym . In reality it should be 3 days a week , but with one thing or another I have been going once or twice .
    Anyway, the sun is shining but this is my favourite weather .
    So I went , and had a great session . In a way I felt a bit caught out with the cardio on Monday , so I went for it on the cross trainer today to be prepared for any more surprises . I did a few other bits and pieces . Light stuff really but at least I did my business.
    Mr trainer has mentioned the walk I do to the gym and back . Must be about a mile to a mile and a half each way .
    So now I intend to go again on Friday , all going well .
    I am drinking a home made smoothie ,made with banana , desiccated coconut , pineapple and some orange type powder I purchased from mr trainer . Not too bad . Not too much like cats urine , but there is a bit of an aftertaste .

I've been watching that mini series manhunt with Martin clunes .
    It brought back memories of when I had a nice policeman come to my door . I made him coffee and of course told him of my movements .
    There was a lady hat got attacked a few streets from me , and I found it a bit of a shock so close to home . I was putting up my brothers boss at the time and he also got interviewed . The policeman had to interview him once more because of the colour of his car .
    Bizarrely enough, in my previous job I often walked past the old bailey and saw a lady in crutches and the press around her one day .
    It was one of the ladies in the drama who had her name changed because of the trauma I would imagine . I thought the programme was good and well acted though . Such a horrid story .

I have finally got the music room sorted . However, I was thinking if there was a fairly large cabinet I could buy to tidy up one side of the room that is fairly cluttered . I have lots of vinyl, boxes etc that would look so much better contained in one unit . Ideally something with wheels on . The other side of the room is all set and ready to use ..finally . I may have a word with james .

I still haven't heard anything from the Reactive engineers regarding the visit to sort out my radiators . It's weds so they may phone between now and Friday . We'll see ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure