Nappy Cakes

Options

Comments

• Siemo
    Siemo Posts: 454 Forumite
    Options
    I've been reading your posts with interest and thought I'd have a go at making one of these nappy cakes. I haven't made it yet, but just wanted to say I went to Tescos today and bought up a load of the Johnsons products (100 extra points for 2 items as stated in the weekly email). What with that and some of the vouchers I had for my own baby for nappies etc, I've actually ended up getting everything I need for the "cake" and got more back in points (if I use the Tesco deals) than I spent! How great is that?!?! I just hope I can make it look as good as the picture above!
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I made one for my sister when her son was born and she loved it , I spent a while gathering bits for it and used things like teethers, a baby hairbrush , nail clippers etc to decorate it with ,a baby bottle through the middle to keep it secure and filled the bottle with chocloates for mum. I have a picture but it ended up with another tier and looked fab wrapped in cellophane
    nappycake.jpg
    I am going to be making another one in january for a very good freind who's baby i am expecting and plan to make this one extra special with a bottle of champagne in place of the baby bottle , .. after all they have been waiting 10 years for this.
    I am journeying to a debt-free life.
    Our estimated debt-free date is January 2040. I'm on a mission to bring that date closer!
    16/02/23 debts - £9556.38
    emergency fund - £00.00
    debt-free diary - Time to Face the music and deal with this debt once and for all
  • Siemo
    Siemo Posts: 454 Forumite
    Options
    Oh wow, that's beautiful! Here is my rather feeble attempt that I made this afternoon. I just hope they know it's supposed to be a cake otherwise it's a bit of a weird present!
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=368192&id=742194008
  • hemc
    hemc Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    I would like to make a friend one of these but she is using cloth nappies as I did and I wonder how they would roll?
    Suppose the flat nappies would work fine but think she is having shaped ones
    hmmm?
    c x
  • *niptuckfan*
    Options
    Jane just had to say that is stunning!
    How people treat you is their Karma: how you react is yours

• Emms
    Emms Posts: 956 Forumite
    Options
    rachelh81 wrote: »
    Oh wow, that's beautiful! Here is my rather feeble attempt that I made this afternoon. I just hope they know it's supposed to be a cake otherwise it's a bit of a weird present!

Its not feeble! Its lovely and im usre your friend will love it

Emma :)
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rachelh81 wrote: »

its lovely I am sure your friend will love it.
    I am journeying to a debt-free life.
    Our estimated debt-free date is January 2040. I'm on a mission to bring that date closer!
    16/02/23 debts - £9556.38
    emergency fund - £00.00
    debt-free diary - Time to Face the music and deal with this debt once and for all
  • mumoftwo
    mumoftwo Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After seeing all the lovely hampers and the great idea for a nappy cake, I decided to have a go. My daughters Guiders are both leaving to have babies, so I made a blue one first. It was a bit of a fiddle at first
    I got the bottom circle cardboard free by asking at the fresh pizza counter at Asda. I explained what I was making and the assistant gave me 4 pizza bases for free!! How nice was that???

In the middle of the botton layer is a pack of wipes which stick out and I built the top tier around it too. Also put Johnsons baby soup (2) in the middle of the top tier. The ducks on the top were only £1.47 from Asda.

What do you think of my first attempt? For wrapping I have cellophane with little blue handprints on it and ribbon to make a big bow.

100_1657.jpg
    http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/estherscot/100_1657.jpg
  • Emms
    Emms Posts: 956 Forumite
    Options
    mumoftwo wrote: »
    What do you think of my first attempt? For wrapping I have cellophane with little blue handprints on it and ribbon to make a big bow.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/estherscot/100_1657.jpg

The pic comes up really tiny for me but from what I can see its very cute! The blue ribbon is a lovely colour. Really stands out.

Emma :)
  • pink.1970
    Options
    These all look gorgeous, and have given me an idea of what to give my sister when baby arrives in March.

I'm sure she'd love one.
    :p PinkPunkBird :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family