***New*** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2011***

Comments

• I had way too much on last year to do this but OH and I are trying really hard to save for a house deposit for 2012 so anyway I can contribute by making savings on pressies the better for us!

I will probably go for those that offer Amazon vouchers!

good luck all...

I also have several craft projects which I intend to finish as gifts!
    Well lets see - I dip in and out of MSE all the time but I still come back - have done since 2007!!! 2023 - Fashion on a ration - 5/66 2023 - 1p Chalenge - £18 in Monzo pot (cannot do pennies so am rounding up)2023 - Frugal Living - Budget still to be finalised - ambition is to cut my food budget by 20% by shopping smarter and meal planning 2023 - January - NSD 15/20 February - NSD 3/15
  • I'm in :) need to save some money :)
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Welcome to the thread Wit40.

Take your time to read the first post. Then join any survey sites you can (info on post 4 I think). There will be a Money making challenge on the first of the month, so I hope you can join in often. Good Luck with the house deposit.

I wish you all the very best of luck for your money making efforts.
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • elysia2003
    Hello MissKaty. It's lovely to see you here. Have you joined any surveys sites or anything yet?
  • elysia2003
    There are plenty of other things we do to make money here, but for the new people to the thread, this side of Christmas we'll just be focusing on Surveys (something quick and easy). I hope that's ok with everyone. Not too long to go for the first Challenge.
  • elysia2003
    I had way too much on last year to do this but OH and I are trying really hard to save for a house deposit for 2012 so anyway I can contribute by making savings on pressies the better for us!

I will probably go for those that offer Amazon vouchers!

good luck all...

I also have several craft projects which I intend to finish as gifts!

Most of them offer a choice of what voucher you would like. Lighspeed you can have a paypal payment (ie cash) and Newvistalive and Onepoll send cheques when you reach payment limit. It's worth opening a separate bank account for these, so you don't spend the money. :)

The benefit is you can choose where to spend the money then, you are not limited to just what is on Amazon. This is where the Grabbit board comes in handy. ;)
  • Hi

I am with Valued Opinion, Toluna, IPSOS, Juicy Brains, Dubit Informer, OnePoll and Dooyoo, any others worth joining ?
  • elysia2003
    edited 23 December 2010 at 12:32PM
    NewVistalive? Their surveys are probably the best paying. You get £1 for the first five minutes, £1.50 for ten minutes and £2 for 15 minutes (or something like that) they've just changed the payments but you should get surveys more often. It's taken me 15 months to get to payout on there (with the old scheme), so we shall see. ;)

I've found lightspeed to be very good. I only joined last week myself. :)

On the old thread, longhauladdict posted a list of what he/she does and how regular the payouts are. I'll move it over here for you to see. Be right back.

ETA: Here's the post. See what you think.

Not surveys but Bingoport - you play bingo and can earn a £5 amazon roughly every fortnight.
  • esmer
    esmer Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    Hello Ladies......

Im going to join this year too :)
    Saving 2.00 coins
    Grocerys set to 40.00 pw
    Being Thrifty
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all, good to see the thread for 2011. I am usually more of a lurker than a poster but this year I intend being more active on the thread. Good luck everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure