Options

Comments

• RoxieW
    RoxieW Posts: 3,016 Forumite
    Options
    After some help

someone did an army basket with a army rubber duck in

where can i get one i want to send my son one

Also looking for ideas tor hamper/presents for said son 17 and got more disposable income than i will ever have .....he is in the army and has no real hobbies but has just bought himself a ps3

Shaz
    my OH is ps3 mad and on his wish list this year is a sony dual shock 3 rumble pad. They're £35 but worth it apparently. Also games he's after are fallout 3 and resistance 2. Or how about a subscription to psm3 magazine?
    MANAGED TO CLEAR A 3K OVERDRAFT IN ONE FRUGAL, SUPER CHARGED MONEY EARNING MONTH!:j
    £10 a day challenge Aug £408.50, Sept £90
    Weekly.
    155/200
    "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, It's compromise that moves us along."
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    brookeslay - picked it up in the charity shop - everything came from the local charity shop except the flannel reindeer, door hanger -made them, and the flannel handbag - from local fete.

Meant to concoct handbag pegs but don't think I'll get around to it. Got dreadful chest infection at the minute so everything seems like hard work
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • brookeslay
    Options
    Thanks Mary 43 I will have a look on ebay for a little mood strap if p&p is cheap !

I hope you feel better soon Mary you need a nice lemon and honey drink i add a cinnamon stick and some cloves to mine makes it more warming.

My Oh just rang to say he got the last two copies of glamour in shop :T one red and one pink nail varnish. ( My newsagent is down a big hill and he works next to whsmiths atm helping his dad out)

I thought of a mini kit for my niece free nail varnish, nail pads 1.40 boots and Ms. manicure do a nail file, shiner, buffer on a keyring that is 1.99. I have loads of favour bags so pop it in that. £3.40 total

B
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    RoxieW wrote: »
    my OH is ps3 mad and on his wish list this year is a sony dual shock 3 rumble pad. They're £35 but worth it apparently. Also games he's after are fallout 3 and resistance 2. Or how about a subscription to psm3 magazine?

Roxie Thankyou for the idea for a subscription, this would be a good addition for OH's hamper!

However I went on their website and be careful as they have very cleverly not told you on the subscriptions that you can only have it for a year even though you only pay a 6 month direct debit charge of £24.42 it does have to be a year and if you only want to do it for 6 months you get no free gift. I am now contemplating looking into the other ps3 mag for him or an xbox one as OH is greedy and has both
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Pidge
    Pidge Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Rusty- Many many thanks for photo instructions, I have sussed it now! Phew.
    And thanks for the new thread too!

Right, below is hamper done for Nieces 18th - bits and bobs from Boots-ing so quite cheap (about £5 including box) and 18 pound coins wrapped in cello.

Unwrapped:
    Sams18thbdaypressiea-1.jpg

and wrapped before I put the pull bow on, oops!
    Sams18thbdaypressieb-1.jpg
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mary - hope you feel better soon. Your hampers sound lovely as always.:D

Congratulations 98J on being the first picture post:T

Beware of rumble pads as I understand that if they are used to long they can give you health problems.... it's probably more of a problem for kids but even so - it might be worth looking into?
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Pidge
    Pidge Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    And another one, made for SIL birthday in Dec.
    Cost about £8 including basket. Again Boots-ing bits and bobs, 2xsock muffins, mug from Home Bargains and Cadbury chocolate bars free from Metro Centre. (We (me, DH, mum and dad) kept walking by all weekend and ended up with about 16 bars I think!)

Alisonsbdaypressiea-1.jpg

Alisonsbdaypressiec-1.jpg

Alisonsbdaypressieb-1.jpg
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Pidge glad you got it sussed :)

Hampers look fantastic well done :) I think I need to come to boots with you so you can teach me the ins and outs lol
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant hampers everybody ! Why is it everyones seems to look better than mine with cellophane on ? I was right to the end of the roll doing grandaughters and it took an age..........it'll have to do now.............lol
    Grandson is having boxes for his birthday and christmas so no more cellophane wrapping -well not yet anyway.
    Ive been frantically doing the ones that have to be delivered when we do the 'santa run' in December..........plus the boxes I have to post to other son and his girlfriend.
    Spare room looking a bit less like santas grotto now stuffs wrapped up........whats left over goes to my two friends and I think that'll be it !!
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • jintyb
    jintyb Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Suggestions please, my brain is in melt down today! Ive got to buy for my stepson and wife and his four kids: boys aged 10 and 9, a girl of 4 and wee boy of 2. As you can imagine, its pretty costly to buy for all individually, so Id like ideas for a "family" hamper. Also, Ive two nieces ( sisters) aged 6 and 10, but I dont see them very often so no idea what theyre into! Any help would be gratefully received!

you will always be rich enough to be generous.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure