TCB - Snap and Save

Options

Comments

• Jazzyj_2
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    TCB suggest we fold the receipts to show all relevant info easily in one picture. Fair enough.

But Sainsbury's (or at least all the ones local to us) issue two-sided receipts to save paper - meaning that it is physically impossible to show all required information in one pic, no matter how clever you are at folding.

This appears to effectively disqualify Sainsbury's purchases from the scheme - so, can anyone confirm they been successful with Sainsbury's receipts, and if so how did they do it?

Thanks

Z-man

Yes I have been paid on a Sainsbury's receipt. (had to cleverly fold it) but last night I had a major problem with another Sainsbury's one as it was impossible to show everything so I photocopied one side and then folded the other side to get all info in. As it is all part of the same receipt which no doubt they check by the receipt number I don't anticipate any problem but I will keep you posted.
  • naomi1010
    Options
    Hi, Just a quick question, I bought 400g Nutella which is eligable for £1 cash back but on my receipt it just shows as Choc spread with no other detail so will this track?

Thanks for any advice
  • IAmLegend
    Options
    This is the same for many items naomi - lots of items on the receipt do not come up with the brand name so hopefully they recognise this.
  • naomi1010
    Options
    Thanks IamLegend,

I've just looked over my tesco receipt and there must be over 20 branded items that just state what they are for eg Chicken dippers which are actually Bird's Eye so hopefully they will just take it as is.
  • vicx
    vicx Posts: 3,091 Forumite
    Options
    Jazzyj wrote: »
    Morning Vicx

Thats just it...............when you upload apart from the upload successful pop up you receive nothing shows on your account until its payable! Even then it only shows a total amount so I really recommend using the option to copy yourself in on the message that goes with it. This way you will at least have some sort of a record that can be used if necessary to pursue later.

I was over the moon yesterday when it suddenly showed up in my account as payable and I still am ................I think its a brilliant addition to TCB but it was only later later that I realised that I uploaded £2.90 worth and only received £2.50. As only one of the items had 40p cash back it was easy for me to narrow down the missing item.
    BTW I received all upload successful pop ups so not sure why one was missed?
    Hope I have helped in some way. :)

Morning :)

I uploaded my receipts on the mobile app and got the upload successfull message but I don't understand what you mean by copying myself in on the message? Would I need to do it from the laptop? It would just mean emailing myself the receipt's then downloading/saving to my laptop and uploading them to the online website.. much easier with my iPhone but if it is more reliable doing it on the website then I will redo it :)
    A home without a dog is like a flower without petals.
  • lizalloareds
    Options
    just uploaded my first for 50p CB on snickers hope it tracks as on receipt it just says chocolate!
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • vicx
    Options
    Two of 4 of my receipts have now become payable :)
  • vicx
    Options
    just uploaded my first for 50p CB on snickers hope it tracks as on receipt it just says chocolate!

Does it have a code/item number next to it like Asda & Iceland have on their receipts? I purchased the 4 pack of Mars Bars from Tesco and they show up as Mars Bars on the receipt no code or item number on it.
  • Jazzyj_2
    Jazzyj_2 Posts: 182 Forumite
    edited 13 February 2013 at 1:58PM
    Options
    vicx wrote: »
    Morning :)

I uploaded my receipts on the mobile app and got the upload successfull message but I don't understand what you mean by copying myself in on the message? Would I need to do it from the laptop? It would just mean emailing myself the receipt's then downloading/saving to my laptop and uploading them to the online website.. much easier with my iPhone but if it is more reliable doing it on the website then I will redo it :)

I used my phone, Once you press submit (this is where you have the option to retake the picture or submit) does it come up similar to a text message? Thats when you do the final send, It does on mine and I was just sending but noticed yesterday that it says BCC/CC so you have the option of copying to yourself by text/email I assume.

Trying to do a test one from my phone but its not responding at the minute. Do a fake one and go through the motions until the final submit and see if you have it? I will try again in a bit.

EDIT:

I just went through the steps on my phone so assuming the app works the same on other phones (Can't guarantee that but fingers crossed)

Clicked on item for cashabck
    Option - Take Photo
    Options - Done or Camera symbol (I clicked done)
    Options - Retake or submit (I clicked submit)
    It then comes up as an email submission which is where I can cc myself before the final submit.
    HTH

NOTE: I cancelled at this point lol but I still got a submission message LOL so now TCB have a photo of my keyboard/hand instead of Kellogs:D
  • Sellurgranny
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about using the online tool instead of my rubbish phone..... can't wait to get home tonight to give it a whirl!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure