Leeds Permanent Building Society Complaint from 30 Years a go

Afternoon All - 1st time post

took out a mortgage - 1st time - tender age of 22 - 30 Years a go, still got original paperwork from 1989 - Halifax bought up Leeds Permanent in 1995.

Halifax PPI is in Manila - 2 months of wasted time, Tried going through Halifax Complaints who only refer me back to PPI Team in Manila.
Finally Contacted FCA who have logged my complaint.

I have My Original Policy Document Labelled Leeds Permanent Building Society Income Protection Plan
have Original Schedule from Nov 1989 and Payment Schedule and Plus our Original Mortgage Application

Is there anything Else I could do or should have

Comments

• HappyHarry
    HappyHarry Posts: 1,552
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    kkular wrote: »
    Afternoon All - 1st time post

took out a mortgage - 1st time - tender age of 22 - 30 Years a go, still got original paperwork from 1989 - Halifax bought up Leeds Permanent in 1995.

Halifax PPI is in Manila - 2 months of wasted time, Tried going through Halifax Complaints who only refer me back to PPI Team in Manila.

I have My Original Policy Document Labelled Leeds Permanent Building Society Income Protection Plan
    have Original Schedule from Nov 1989 and Payment Schedule and Plus our Original Mortgage Application

Just to clarify, have you complained to Halifax about the mis-sale of your product? If so, when?
    Did Halifax acknowledge your complaint? If so, when?
    What have you heard from Halifax since then?

Excuse my ignorance, but the only Manila I'm aware of is in the Philippines. I presume you don't mean this?

Why are you reporting anything to the FCA? Once Halifax have responded by either upholding your complaint / turning down your complaint / sent you a letter after 8 weeks confirming they are still looking at your complaint, then you have the option to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

The FCA wouldn't get involved at all, though they do have a useful guide detailing the complaints process.
    https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/how-to-complain?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,906
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

What do you mean by Manilla?

All the FCA will do is forward your complaint to Halifax using the same address as shown on the Halifax website. At least, that is what I assume you mean by logging a complain with the FCA. Surely you were not complaining about Halifax complaints process (which you havent even used)?

Is that PPI or is it income protection? In 1989, PPI was called accident, sickness and unemployment cover (ASU) and income protection was the name more typically used by PHI policies (which are not PPI). Of course, banks have often used marketing names that differ from the norm.

May have been easier just to complain directly to Halifax rather than the rigmarole of doing it via the FCA. Its unlikely the FCA asked the required questions. So, its probable that Halifax will post you their questionnaire.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    kkular wrote: »
    HappyHarry wrote: »
    the only Manila I'm aware of is in the Philippines. I presume you don't mean this?
    dunstonh wrote: »
    What do you mean by Manilla?
    I'm guessing that the OP is himself guessing that Halifax call centres are based in Manilla!

Why he is attempting to get updates about a PPI complaint via the telephone I know not. No wonder his experience has been frustrating.

Involving the FCA, who do not involve themselves in individual complaints, seems likely to be equally frustrating. :)
  • Hi, I too had an Income Protection Plan from the Leeds Permanent Building Society. Did you get anywhere with a mis-selling claim?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,906
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Income protection is a very important product and is not PPI.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thread is a year old...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts