Masthaven Mortgage

Hi
New here and just looking to vent and get some advice.
Has anyone used Masthaven for their mortgage?

We are in the process of it all, awaiting an offer from them. It's been going on nearly two weeks now. They've come back twice and asked for further info, which we have submitted to them. Still waiting for a response. Have paid for the valuation, which still hasn't taken place.

Just would like to know if anyone else has had similar experience with them?

Thanks

Sam:o

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    I use them occasionally.
    They are what they are. You are with Masthaven for a reason so they are going to be a little more thorough although I have never had them come back twice asking for more information.

The val has not taken place as they have not agreed your Mortgage - you can ask them to instruct it, but if they decline your application you lose the val fee. Speak to your broker, they know your case far better than we do. They are paid to look after your application.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • samessex
    samessex Posts: 26 Forumite
    Hi ACG
    Thanks for your reply.
    We are using masthaven as my partner had a default, which is paid off in full but obviously remains on the credit score for 6 years. That’s all. Nothing terrible as such.
    I appreciate the valuation is done after reviewing the case but it just seems to be dragging so much, and now it’s a bank holiday weekend. It’s painful waiting.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    How much was the default for?
    What was it for? (ie credit card, mobile phone etc).
    When was it registered?
    When was it paid off?

I am assuming at least a 20% deposit?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • samessex
    samessex Posts: 26 Forumite
    Hi ACG

We are putting 20% deposit yes. The default was about £2000 which we've paid. We paid it off november 2017.It was an overdraft fee.
    We still haven't heard anything, so frustrating.
  • Jessd1982
    Jessd1982 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi we are currently in the process and it has been going on over a month now we were told by are mortgage broker that these companies are a lot slower than high street lenders we are using them because I have a default on a credit card which has been paid off , so far we have sent them 6mnths off everything child tax form etc and they have taken money for Val survey, we have had to fill out direct debit form and sign something about Home insurance on who we are currently using I think , it!!!8217;s driving us mad as we have sold our house and all that is waiting now is this mortgage offer and I!!!8217;m so worried it!!!8217;s gonna be declined after all this but are mortgage broker keeps us updated but it!!!8217;s still a worry and I never want to be in debt again we are planning on keeping this mortgage ( if we get it ) till my default is gone then go back to the high street lenders fingers crossed
    Hope you got good news
  • Jessd1982
    Jessd1982 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Did u get any news
    We have just had are survey booked are mortgage broker said and should have an offer by the end off of the week , it!!!8217;s still worrying as I just want to know we have it broker has done so much work for us he doesn!!!8217;t see a problem from what he!!!8217;s recieved back or had to do
    Just waiting is a nightmare I!!!8217;m never moving after This is it!!!8217;s all good
    Stress
  • Hi did you get the offer? Infeel better knowing it is not just us.
  • Hi did you get the offer we seem to be in a simlar situation expecting it today but what a journey!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure