NST February A FOREST ADVENTURE

Comments

• Evening!

So today was a planned shopping day. I saw the Sainsbury's deal on this weekend (spend £10 and get between 200-5000 points (=£1-£25). I split my shop into 3 and got 3 vouchers... 2 x 1000 and 1 x 200 = £11.00 off my shop! Result!!! It was stuff I was buying anyway, so yay!!!

Will aim to collect a run of NSDs from here on in...

:)
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Thank you for giving me back an NSD mothernerd. I actually cut it trying to take the lid off of the birds fat ball container. Will be more careful next time.
    NSD 1/3,
    My mantra is After I ....I will. eg After I make my morning coffee, I will take my medication. Eventually this will become a habit,
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Was a spend day. Food and household bits. Also got shampoo bar and conditioner and a bamboo hair brush. Two shops were within walking distance from my flat.
    Only did a small bit of decluttering and some housework.
    My brother and his wife popped in to pick up some paperwork I got done regarding my Dad.
    Walked to church this evening was about 25 minutes. Then took bus to friend's flat, also bus back to my flat.
    Did manage to read some of my book and mindfulness colouring.
    Grateful for:
    Seeing my brother and his wife.
    What I have achieved in the flat.
    Self care.
    Time with my friend.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all :j

Always : Will try to make sure I can make/save some money this month instead of always spending up to the max..No food spends so far this month. CC bill looks much less scary & it needs to stay that way. Had to pay my tax bill in Jan, all done.

First : Agree

Organise : Not done budget yet but have spent today - This time it was a black ink cartridge for the printer...we have loads of colour ones, but no black...grr.

Reserve : Already make a charity donation each month from joint acc. Will also set up a DD for an animal one. Still to do

Environment : Heavy rain all day, back garden like a mudbath, dogs (and now house) filthy. Brought in a white hyacinth from the green house, smells amazing.

Stock take : Used all meals from stock & will do tomorrow.

Takeaways are forbidden (unless as part of family entertainment night/ birthday choice). Coffee shops, vending machines, works canteens etc are also banned (pastoral exceptions): Not planning on any takeaways, too much food here to need any.

Always take your lunch to work and snacks and drinks for outings or appointments: Will do

Do something different. If nothing changes, nothing changes. We want to see small positive changes which become habits and then just part of who you are. Pick 2 or 3 things you want to change. Start with one small change and after five successful days, add another: Will give this one some thought.

Valentine Who? : Sent condolence card, although it wasn't one technically - it had no message in & was a very dark pattern not suitable for any other occasion - had it so long that the envelope wouldn't stick. Could at least write some words inside that were relevant rather than the pre-printed ones.

Exercise 5 times a week please: Could well be gardening or clearing, cleaning etc but will aim to be active. In the garden but mainly greenhouse due to vile weather.

NSDs are staying at 18 this month: 0/18 so far..

Throw it away: Big push on this, much clearing needs to be done but refuse to toss useful stuff, will freecycle or CS - but preferably sell! Have some stuff sorted out but need to take photos. Got big bag filled with old newspapers, will take with me to CS Tuesday.

Use what you have. Fix something : Have some knobs on drawers cupboard etc in bedroom that have come adrift. Need superglueing or I have already bought 4 new ones if not fixable. Not done yet. Planted 4 trays of seeds, all old but might get something from them if still viable

Refuel properly: Will do this, already am taking some steps to improve health & sleep patterns. Taking supplements now & bedtime tea, seems to be working. Still good

Elephants and Frogs:
    Frog printer tackled today & is now working, albeit intermittently. p Elephant - sorted two bags of stuff DD brought round for me to take to CS. Some only fit for rags, some summer stuff that will get ragged if I take it in now, and some I can take on Tues. Not much on this today, but did realise that it needs to get done before the garden explodes into life...

Thanks mothernerd for running the challenge, it is very much appreciated even though I am not a model turtle pupil yet
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Before you speak
    T H I N K
    T Is it true?
    H
    Is it helpful?
    I
    Is it inspiring?
    N
    Is it necessary?
    K
    Is it kind?

You deserve a whole sheet of gold stars
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • No Spend Day 2 here. Another day of staying in. Written my bare bones budget. Said no to chippy but friend bought me on anyway.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all.
    today is NSD #3. Aiming for 5 a week leaving me 3 emergency days :) still 117 spends for the month, working on 17 til fri then 50 per week til payday. Need to find another 100quid for ny dining table- hoping next pay day us kind to me

planted some seeds with my little boy last night. hub used some plastic sandwich platters with lids which he took after my friends party & they seem to be working really well with everything weve already planted.

Going to do something with the kids tomorrow from my list of free things to do :j

Chicken dinner later, hoping left over chicken can go in our stir fry tomorrow. :money:

think that is all really, hope you all have a wonderful Sunday :)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Today was NSD 1.

Had DS3's two little friends over for 4 hours, they played hide and seek all through the house, I don't think I am going to have to dust anywhere for months, they were EVERYWHERE, then they found the N3rf guns and that was that. So good clean old fashioned fun for 10 yr old boys down the side of my bed:rotfl: and in the pantry:rotfl: and the cupboard under the stairs:rotfl:

When I went to pick one up, his dad asked if he needed any money to take with him. He was only coming over to play! I must be out of touch with play dates - it has been a while. :o

All food from stores, naughty birthday takeaway did us last night, then I whipped out my trusty tin foil roll for the left overs before anyone could decide on a possible 10pm snack-ette, and popped them in the fridge. There was just enough for supper tonight, so I don't feel too wantonly decadent. Besides, DH paid not me. :T

It is more like a rainforest here, it has rained all day long. No tree-frogs eaten, enjoying reading my books and just chillin' today. It will all be horrid tomorrow as it is homework day (boo!) and making sure the laundry is strung between two trees.

Will try and hunt YS bargains if DH makes it back from town with DS1 in time. Sunday is becoming rather a scrum at YS time in Mr T's. I fear someone may dig a man-trap in aisle 4.

People seem to send their kids everywhere with money these days. One thing that really gets my goat is when they go on a school trip and the school say that they can bring money to spend in the gift shop. I don't want my child to be the odd one out but nor do I want to waste money or bring home useless plastic tat which will eventually end up in the bin - and then where does it go? Luckily my children (particularly DS who takes thrifty to a whole new level) are not the sort who will do something just because everyone else is.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Mine would do the gift shop and sack off the museum! Money saving does not count when it is Mum's money;

We had to charge his friends iphone in case his parents needed to ring him!
    10 yr olds with iphones!

I picked up from both their Dads at 9.30, and when I said I would drop them back around 1 both asked if I could do it closer to 2, and one didn't make it back home until nearly 20 past .

Anyway DS4 now has the hump as he felt left out. I foresee more play-dates in my future.

One week until half term. Preparation is everything.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    dolly84 wrote: »
    People seem to send their kids everywhere with money these days. One thing that really gets my goat is when they go on a school trip and the school say that they can bring money to spend in the gift shop.

I work with young children under 7 and when we go in school trip we say no more than £2 spends. All the money is collected in and a member of staff goes into gift shop and asks for X number of bags to be made up with pencils, keyrings, ( useless tat really) to the value of £2 which we collect when visit is finished.........all bags exactly the same no arguments and no nightmare supervision in gift shop. Seems a bit harsh but it works for us and no one has complained. Any child who doesnt bring money is given the exact same bag which is paid from school funds - nobody is none the wiser.:D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure