Debenhams PPI timescales.

Comments

• poppet23
    poppet23 Posts: 20 Forumite
    No update here. Might give them a call next week to see if any further forward but the girl I spoke to last week indicated it isn't looking like something that will be resolved quickly.
    October wins: casserole dish
  • poppet23
    poppet23 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Phoned again - person confirmed again still on hold, no further forward and no timescales. They did also say that their is a backlog as well so when they know anything I am guessing it might take a while before it's communicated. He advised me to leave it a while before chasing again.
    October wins: casserole dish
  • EOP
    EOP Posts: 9
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Same here ..... phoned earlier and they said that nothing was resolved yet !!! 😩
  • I’m in exactly the same boat. I’ve made 2 complaints about D.P store card and Burtons.

Called today as my 8 weeks are up on Friday. They said the same thing about negotiations with AXA.

I said that their letters were misleading as they state that they are investigating my complaint and will try to resolve it within 8 weeks. They’ve said that the letters are auto generated so will always say that.

I also asked when the negotiations started and cases were being put on hold. The call handler said they (staff) had only been informed a couple of weeks ago and not been told when negotiations started.

I said I had found this information out from this forum, however they should have informed me, as well as other customers in my situation rather than reading it on here. He couldn’t tell me why no information regarding this process of putting store card cases on hold had been published or formally communicated anywhere.

The letters they are sending are misleading and considering all the hot water Santander have already been in about PPI - they should be honest with customers about their cases.

They’ve advised me to call again on Monday as the 8 weeks will be up on Friday this week.

If I have to call them everyday to see if the negotiations have ended, then that’s what I’ll do. I urge anyone else in this situation to do the same. Otherwise there will be no urgency to get this issue closed off by either them or AXA
  • If I have to call them everyday to see if the negotiations have ended, then that’s what I’ll do.
    That would be a waste of your time and utterly futile. You are not even sure your complaint will be upheld.

Just put it to the back of your mind. You can do absolutely nothing to affect the outcome now.
  • Exactly....no one knows if their complaint has been upheld, investigated, on hold, delayed. So far everyone - except you (as you don’t seem to have referred to a similar case you have a pending, just giving your personal opinion) - on this thread have been given differing informal advice over the phone about their cases, while the formal communications are all exactly the same.
  • So far everyone - except you (as you don’t seem to have referred to a similar case you have a pending, just giving your personal opinion) - on this thread have been given differing informal advice
    Do you really think ringing their call centre staff every day will have any effect? I don't, I'm afraid.
  • Hi,

I have been waiting for nearly 12 weeks now. When I contact them they just say they have a large number of complaints to go through and they are dealing with them as soon as possible.

I know this does not help, but appears they have been inundated or extremely slow.
  • This contradicts what I was told. I was advised that the cases were being investigated to a point and now placed on hold until the negotiations with AXA is finished.
  • Thanks DebbieTW60 for sharing - this site is brilliant for people to share their experiences when facing the same challenges.

I’ll be contacting them on Monday to find out what’s going. Also why no information can be found to advise customers that their case will be placed on hold if negotiations are not settled within 8 weeks.

The fact they’ve said these negotiations can take months, even years, they should be setting customer expectations from the beginning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure