Debenhams PPI timescales.

Comments

• EOP
    EOP Posts: 9
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Exactly same situation as yourself!!
    8 weeks were up on Thursday and informed of a delay!!!
  • My PPI claim from Santander took about 12 weeks, refund finally received September this year. Initially I got 2 letters advising of delays, probably about 4 weeks apart. One they started investigating they sent me a letter asking for further info (I worked less than 10 hrs pw when sold PPI), before I had even sent the evidence I got a phone call from them asking for further details, then within 2 days I received a rejection letter, I rang them and they said 'another letter was sent out yesterday, we are refunding £10k'!. Had to pick me up off the floor!
  • It would be an extraordinarily odd strategy for Santander to seek to delay their processes.

It won't change the outcome yet it would cost them more.

The extra interest would be less than the fine imposed by Ombusman for investigating every claim over the 8 week window.
  • fifi66058 wrote: »
    My PPI claim from Santander took about 12 weeks, refund finally received September this year. Initially I got 2 letters advising of delays, probably about 4 weeks apart. One they started investigating they sent me a letter asking for further info (I worked less than 10 hrs pw when sold PPI), before I had even sent the evidence I got a phone call from them asking for further details, then within 2 days I received a rejection letter, I rang them and they said 'another letter was sent out yesterday, we are refunding £10k'!. Had to pick me up off the floor!
    That’s great I’m now 13 weeks from initial complaint not been asked for any further info so suspect complaint not even looked at yet. I’m in the same boat as you I was still at high school when ppi was added and only working 8 hours a week. Hoping I hear from them soon. It’s just frustrating.
  • EOP
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Have you phoned them to enquire about an update??
  • Spoke to Santander again yesterday, apparently they are waiting for advice regarding PPI on store cards from insurance company. They can’t tell you how long it’ll be.
  • I spoke to Santander yesterday (28/11/2017) as I have a claim ongoing regarding a Debenhams pre 2005 account. Santander stated to me on the phone that "We are currently in negotiations with our insurance company and until these negotiations are concluded we cannot make decisions on any of the Debenhams accounts". I asked when they expected negotiations to be concluded and was told they were unsure but hopefully at the end of the negotiations it should mean better outcomes for those making a claim. Now personally I am wondering (call me cynical) if this is a delaying technique so that eventually they do not have to pay out. Has anyone else been told similar?
  • cj1973 wrote: »
    I spoke to Santander yesterday (28/11/2017) as I have a claim ongoing regarding a Debenhams pre 2005 account. Santander stated to me on the phone that "We are currently in negotiations with our insurance company and until these negotiations are concluded we cannot make decisions on any of the Debenhams accounts". I asked when they expected negotiations to be concluded and was told they were unsure but hopefully at the end of the negotiations it should mean better outcomes for those making a claim. Now personally I am wondering (call me cynical) if this is a delaying technique so that eventually they do not have to pay out. Has anyone else been told similar?

Yeah I was told the same as well regarding other store cards, Topshop, river island and New look. I’m not sure if it’s a delaying tactic but after several phone calls over the last couple of weeks that’s the first time I’ve heard this, not sure how it’s going to be beneficial to those making a claim.
  • I have been told the same, that they have ongoing discussions with Axa about the store card PPI complaints and are waiting on that being resolved. Going to hold out till after Christmas before escalating it further.
    October wins: casserole dish
  • EOP
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi everybody on "thread". Any updates this week?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure