New Journey

Comments

• Hope you had a lovely day with your grandson. Let us know how his birthday was:)
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks Top and paws for your kindly comments on my diary. I guess living alone my life is fairly quiet,so I don't have a lot going on , but I do have a very busy life.

Grandson was very hyper but he had a lovely birthday , I think he will sleep well.

Shopping was £19.52 so well under budget. All good then in debt land .
  • System
    Free money again today from shell motoring club, £2.50 off petrol,next time I fill up. Not much but every penny counts.

Will pay 2.50 of CC .

That's it for today .
  • System
    Well been busy with life the past couple of days. 4 NSD this week but that will change tomorrow, grandson day we are going trampolining in toddler time. Then lunch at supermarket probably.

This weekend I am away on the frugal weekend ! We have a free voucher for accommodation the hotel is booked. Our dinner and breakfast are coming from the credit on my CC (train fare refund from Christmas journey ) . Have Starbucks gift card and m&s vouchers for lunch and coffee.
    I will not be buying anything as no need to buy anything, but my friend is a big spender so will watch her and be all smug because I am not spending!
    Taking £10 with me in cash that is my spends , have 2p's for the slot machines .
  • System
    Just realised I have got my account bonus this month , the first time in a long time , that's wonderful.
  • System
    Have just got my bag out for packing, and there was £10 in the pocket from a previous trip . Hooray more spends !
  • System
    Day with grandson resulted in staying in and playing, he didn't want to trampoline . Lunch at my parents so spend for the day was 1.35 , cake for said grandson and one for me.

Now packing for weekend away !
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like a very thrifty weekend ahead, good work!

We got our account bonus this month too.,it's been so long since we got it, I had forgotten about it.

Hurray to changing our ways!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • System
    Thanks Paws , it will be a test to see how much we have learnt since LBM .

Yay to your bonus on your account. Enjoy your weekend.
  • System
    Back from a lovely night away, walked miles in the sun yesterday, blown away the cobwebs.

On the money front:
    Hotel paid for from free voucher.
    Breakfast and evening dinner£60 paid for from refund to cc plus an extra £2 each as refund £56.
    Coffee and cake at Starbucks lunch time had a gift card with £10 on , bill came to £9.50.
    Tram tickets £5.00 each.
    Tea on the way home at eat in chip shop £6.10 each.
    Extra spent £13.10 . Not too bad very please . I took £20 from my entertainment budget and came back with £6.00 ish.
    Weekend away no credit card used and no bills yo pay.

I was very worried about spending money before we went , going in shops etc , needless to say it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I am giving £5 to my friend for petrol as she drove.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure