Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sympathise with moving the office around. I moved on Tuesday only about 20 ft but may as well have been 20 miles . IT shoved us all out as well.

We don't do diaries at my work , just Corporate Christmas cards.

Have a good weekend.
  • I'm in the middle of reading the 30 day book too - might even make a start on the actual cleaning at some point.

Maybe :cool:
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Sympathise with moving the office around. I moved on Tuesday only about 20 ft but may as well have been 20 miles . IT shoved us all out as well.

We don't do diaries at my work , just Corporate Christmas cards.

Have a good weekend.

Oh we still have the client Christmas cards to come at the beginning of December Cumbria - plus the chocolates........:(
    I'm in the middle of reading the 30 day book too - might even make a start on the actual cleaning at some point.

Maybe :cool:

:rotfl: I’ll up date my cleaning week tomorrow redo - bet you can’t wait!:D

Today was gym first thing in the morning - I must have looked half asleep when I got there as PT said “don’t worry - I’ll soon wake you up,”. Trying to work the cardio round my foot so I’m doing the reclining bike (the normal one hurts my bum!) and also the cross trainer as it’s quite a soft foot movement.

Afterwards went home, showered, had something to eat then went for my monthly pedicure (budgeted spends).

Also took some bits to the dress agency including two pairs of beautiful boots that I’ve been hanging onto in the hope that I’ll be wearing regularly. I’ve finally come to the conclusion that my foot is never going to let me - they’re too high! So hopefully they’ll go to people that will cherish them - but if I see either pair when I’m out and about then I’m going to cry. :(

My friend popped in to see me after she had finished work - so we had some wine that I had in the house so nothing to spend there. Another NSD! :j
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    If it makes you feel better I can't wear high heels any longer than about an hour. At times when I do wear them they are off my feet at the first opportunity! I understand about your foot though.

In the gym I am always moving my backside on the bike , it hurts if I don't.

Sounds like a good day for you , love friends popping round for a cheeky wine.

Have a good day .
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If it makes you feel better I can't wear high heels any longer than about an hour. At times when I do wear them they are off my feet at the first opportunity! I understand about your foot though .

I know! I’m exactly the same Cumbria. And I can’t even remember when the descent of my heel heights actually started! A bit like wrinkles!:D

Today I spent this morning on the fifth day of the Seasidegal Get Ready For Xmas Deccies Clean Up which included clean oven, microwave and Glasses cupboard!

This afternoon I picked up some battery operated Xmas lights from The Factory Shop (£2.99 from Xmas budget) to put in a large glass vase with some Xmas baubles.

Also spent £8.80 on Xmas gift bags, Xmas money wallet and birthday wrap and tag for a present (all budgeted).

I’m going to do the ironing later while I catch up with some telly and then start the Xmas wrapping. Nothing too much tonight - just money wallets for DD’s stepson and DSis’s OH’s little grand-nephew - but I’m going to start as I mean to go on and have a nice glass of Bailey’s while I do it!:D

As a P.S. the Xmas cleaning mission is going well - apart from what I did today mentioned above - so far I’ve cleared and de- cluttered the kitchen junk drawer, the cupboard underneath the kitchen sink, the food cupboards, freezer, fridge, my herbs and spice jars and the food storage containers as well as the general cleaning round the house. :j
    🌟
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    If my workplace sent diaries/cards to all of our clients then the majority of the country would be getting one :rotfl:

Good luck with the office moves.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • I got as far as doing the 'day 1 spice jar drawer' when I read the first bit. Trouble is the whole house is a junk drawer and as usual I got overwhelmed and gave up.

I like the sound of the lights and bauble vase.
  • System
    SSG you are very organised, I have all my cards and presents , but I can't motivate myself to start either !

Will keep reading your thread to see if it motivates me .
  • Thanks guys! :rotfl:

Well the “5ft move” went well from my end today. Got into work and found my crate was next to my desk ready to unpack and all my systems worked. Unlike other colleagues who had missing crates and no systems! Still my boss was away today so hoping everything is ok for him when he gets in. He was off today as he doesn’t feel well - I think it’s man flu. He rang me today and was like a bear with a sore head - voices were raised and I think we both put the phone down on each other at the same time in the end!

Lunch time I bought another Xmas pressie- a velvet tunic top from Next for DSis’s little grandniece. I also had to check with boss’s golf colleague to make sure I had his correct handicap as I always buy him golf balls for Christmas - though personally today I felt like I could happily force feed them to him!

I left work early today as I had my final dental appointment to take out the temporary inlay and fit the permanent one. It wasn’t too bad in the end and at least I’d already paid!

Also picked up my monthly toiletries in Boots (again budgeted) and topped up on my Vitamin D spray - yes dear readers I also have a budget for vitamins on YNAB - how sad is that!:D

Night night!
    SSG x
    🌟
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi Seaside - glad I’m not the only one with random YNAB categories:D

I never ever want to move offices again ... I don’t think we ever found half the stuff from the old office & good stuff was binned (which I could have put on Ebay:).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback