Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    thanks so much wba, you and the rest of the advisers have been a godsend on this forum....:)
  • Hi All

I am submitting a DRO next week on the 13th. This includes £150 of council tax arrears from 10/11

Today i have had a court summons for this asking me to appear on the 20th April for non payment. How will this affect the DRO
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    thanks every-one well its been submitted and my adviser said it was very straightforward, she even thanked me for being so organised...i didnt think i was...she wouldn't have said that iff she had seen me running about last week finding things and copying everything...thanks for the advise kerry about looking on the insolvency website...does any-one have a link for this please :):):)

I'm sooooo pleased 4 u scarlet :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
    I'm sure it's a great relief for you & as you said I can't see there been any problems as you seem to have been extremely well organised (which is what I'm aiming to be :)) & also your advisor would have flagged up any problems I'm sure. I'm still waiting 4 my forms to arrive, no sign of postie yet :( I'll probably be back l8r 2 pick your brains when they do.
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    :wave: hi broken spirit...thanks for all your good wishes...as soon as you get your forms you know that your jouney has at last started and we will all be here to hold your hand (metaphorically speaking) and im sure everything will go smoothly for you xxx
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    :wave: hi broken spirit...thanks for all your good wishes...as soon as you get your forms you know that your jouney has at last started and we will all be here to hold your hand (metaphorically speaking) and im sure everything will go smoothly for you xxx

Thx scarlet :A
    OMG! They've literally just fallen through the letterbox! My hearts just leapt in2 my mouth :eek: I'd better go & have a read through them, see if I can make head or tail of them.......................I'll be back (in the words of arnie :rotfl:)
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    wba31 wrote: »
    this should be the link so you can just input your name and see if you are on the register... it might be approved today, may not be until tomorrow or friday... depends on how the IS are doing...

Where's my link..? i always forget the link, it should be here...

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/IIRRegisterNameInput.asp
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Hi All

I am submitting a DRO next week on the 13th. This includes £150 of council tax arrears from 10/11

Today i have had a court summons for this asking me to appear on the 20th April for non payment. How will this affect the DRO

If your app is submitted before the hearing the DRO will deal with the debt so the hearing will not go ahead
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    lol thanks wba...i didnt want to say anything...i assumed you would remember:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Thx scarlet :A
    OMG! They've literally just fallen through the letterbox! My hearts just leapt in2 my mouth :eek: I'd better go & have a read through them, see if I can make head or tail of them.......................I'll be back (in the words of arnie :rotfl:)

I've just found out that it's going to be 7wks b4 an intermediatory gets to look at my DRO not 7wks until it's submitted, now I'm worrying again :( How long does it take from the intermediatory looking at it until it's actually processed? I asked that question of NDL but they couldn't answer. Anyone gone through this process with NDL who can advise? Thanks.
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    hope your there wba....iv just been reading through my submission form and on one of my debts (lowell portfolio) my adviser put down £2,625 instead of £2,965, obviously genuine mistake on her part...iv just phoned the CAB up but she has gone home...iv explained to them what has happened and they are going to phone me back....what do you think will happen now...will i have to go back and resubmit it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback