PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cpm parking ticket

Options
I got issued a parking ticket for parking in a private car park that does not state it is private signs were up stating 24hour parking restrictions. And I have been parking In that car park for years first time I got a ticket.
Ticket inspector from CPM gave me a ticket where do I stand with this can I avoid it or is it best to pay it off.

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is it with all this "should I pay" garbage at the moment...?

Please get this moved to the appropriate subforum - Parking Tickets and whilst you are waiting, start by having a good read of the Newbies Sticky at the top of it - which explains the current situation with private parking and lays out your options for seeing it off.
  • Aran.k.a123
    Options
    Don't read an be rude go take your info somewhere else I'm trying to get help not an argument with that bent attitude.
  • Aran.k.a123
    Options
    Also the ticket inspector was there and called police on me as I told him this it not valid. I want to know should I pay it and what can I write in the appeal as there's a sign right behind my car saying parking restrictions with the info saying 24hr £60 if paid within 14 days
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    He's just pointing out that there is a more appropriate place for your post - you have put it in the wrong place.

As Pogofish states, when you find the right board there is a permanent post with details of when you can & cannot try to claim a refund.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't read an be rude go take your info somewhere else I'm trying to get help not an argument with that bent attitude.

And I'm pointing you straight at one of the best sources of help there is for private tickets!

There are several reasons we don't discuss parking matters outside it - and you need to read the sticky before doing anything else in order to protect yourself and not give the predators any more free shots at you - they know about this board too as we cost them a significant amount in "lost" income every year.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    OP, you have posted this in the wrong place, no one here will answer you. Re post it in the parking tickets forum........

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Or ask the mods to move it across for you.

ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    By coincidence I read it myself today, opened a letter £100 parking fine, £60 if paid early. I couldn't work out when I had been in this hotel car park. I then realised, I hadn't I was away for the week and my daughter used my car.
    So she will have to have a read. Husband not happy, I moan at him as everyone he parks he reads all the signage and cannot understand why dd didn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure