Consumer Refund Service

2»

Comments

• Consumer Refund Service of Arden House, NE3 3LU, is still trying to get business. Got their official looking letter addressed to Dear Occupier, today, requesting my full name, Bank and contact details. I'm not owed PPI so I filled in their form with spurious information and sent it back with a request to be removed from their Database.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,553
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Consumer Refund Service of Arden House, NE3 3LU, is still trying to get business. Got their official looking letter addressed to Dear Occupier, today, requesting my full name, Bank and contact details. I'm not owed PPI so I filled in their form with spurious information and sent it back with a request to be removed from their Database.

If it's pre-paid envelope, fill it with stones etc so it's over weight and then post it and they'll either get billed for it or have to at least waste time dealing with it
  • I would just like to say that I filled in the form for PPI from Lloyds but was told I was not entitled to anything. Then a friend suggested a company, not consumer refund service, and because she got a voucher we filled in their form. We got nearly £4,000 - after their commission - from Lloyds. So I am not sure that I agree with comments that you are more successful if you do it yourself.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,553
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I would just like to say that I filled in the form for PPI from Lloyds but was told I was not entitled to anything. Then a friend suggested a company, not consumer refund service, and because she got a voucher we filled in their form. We got nearly £4,000 - after their commission - from Lloyds. So I am not sure that I agree with comments that you are more successful if you do it yourself.

All that has happened here is that either Lloyds re-examined the case or didn't have records of the original complaint and paid out. If you had complained directly you would have had the same result and kept all the money. Most expensive stamp you will ever have paid for.
  • lib21by
    lib21by Posts: 22
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you read your statements then you cannot have missed it. So, if thats you and you dont recall seeing it, then chances are you didnt pay it.

Which is also the case with me, and I scrutinize, and tick all transactions.
    CRS call me "Dear Householder". I reckon that is half a step above an Occupier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure