ppi on bank account

I pay ppi monthly on my Barclays current account don't really know why, I don't have any info on it apart from its taken out each month, anyone know the best way of finding out if I can make a claim, is it best just to go through the bank

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Do you claim or complain?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    janpond58 wrote: »
    I pay ppi monthly on my Barclays current account don't really know why, I don't have any info on it apart from its taken out each month
    PPI hasn't been sold by Barclays since 2010.

Your first port of call therefore should be to find out exactly what you are being charged for.

Is it perhaps simply a packaged account with a monthly fee?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,553
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Packaged account maybe, overdraft PPI is another possibility but it could also be a direct debit for mortgage protection or other such products
  • Placida
    Placida Posts: 240
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    janpond58 wrote: »
    I pay ppi monthly on my Barclays current account don't really know why, I don't have any info on it apart from its taken out each month, anyone know the best way of finding out if I can make a claim, is it best just to go through the bank
    Looking at my old statements, if you are paying Barclays Overdraft PPI, the monthly premium price would be debited from your account on the first working day of the month
    The monthly premium for Barclays Overdraft PPI was calculated at a rate of 80p for every £100 of your overdraft limit.
    It showed on my statementS as transaction Overdraft Protection-Service charge N items at £0.80/100. It would be charged irrespective of your actual usage of your overdraft facility.
    My Barclays account fee was also taken out on the first working day of the month and was shown on my statements as transaction Barclays Additions Account fee – 1 item(s) at £12.00
    Hope that helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport