Plevin....we presume!!

Gemsy81
Gemsy81 Posts: 182
First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 24 May 2018 at 8:59AM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Well some days definitely go down as better money days than others.......

I processed a Plevin complaint through this site two weeks ago to Lloyds, and today, we have come home to a whopping £5400 cheque through from them, with a letter saying they have reviewed their behaviour towards us and concluded they have acted unprofessionally.

Gobsmacked!!! We have a very old PPI claim with Lloyds which was like pulling teeth to get a (still not agreed on) £700 refund.

Hurrah!!!

Comments

• Gemsy81
    Gemsy81 Posts: 182
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Title is supposed to say PLEVIN!
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Rainbowgirl84 Posts: 1,175
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Gemsy81 wrote: »
    Title is supposed to say PLEVIN!
    Edit, then Go Advanced to edit the title....from memory!
  • Hello I keyed a Plevin claim using the link with my Nationwide MPPI policy.This has been in place since 2006 and we are still paying premiums. I have received an update letter and today I have received a letter to say that my claim is outside of fca rules. No other explanation. I have a friend with exactly the same mortgage and MPPI policy and they have been offered a refund. they have had their mortgage since 2000. Any ideas why one person gets a refund and another person is declined?

I am going to ring them on Tuesday but it seems very odd

Thanks
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have received an update letter and today I have received a letter to say that my claim is outside of fca rules.

If it is an unregulated mortgage (such as buy to let) or a mortgage arranged under MCOB rather than the consumer credit act then it will be out of scope.
    they have had their mortgage since 2000.

Which is before MCOB and in scope (as long as they were paying premiums in or after 2008).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thanks for your help

Can i just check,if we moved in 2006 but transferred an existing fixed rate to the new property...with the same lender and continued with the insurance...this would not make a difference?

I have had this insurance and mortgages with this lender since 1993... 3 different mortgages
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Each mortgage deal you buy is in isolation of what went before. Deal as in fixed rate, discount etc. This is because you sign a contract each time.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure