Direct Line - Amazon Voucher

Options
Hi,

Just done a new motor insurance policy with Direct Line using the link on the MSE website is there any way that I can check to see if it as tracked to qualify for the Promotional Amazon Voucher.

Regards,

Ant.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Assuming you followed the MSE advice on how to ensure it tracked there is an email address on the hot deal page to use should it not arrive within the time allowed
  • barak
    barak Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just had a look at this and when you click on the link to Direct Line you get:

"Purchase Direct Line Car Insurance online between 12th and 12th March 2018 via MoneySavingExpert and receive a £45 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card*".

I hope it means "before 12th March 2018" as it would make sense for me!
    ".....where it is corrupt, purge it....."
  • alexlg
    alexlg Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I did not make a note of the email address to use, to pursue the amazon voucher. Does anyone reading this, know what it is?

I had made a note that I should receive the voucher two months after paying for the Direct Line car insurance. That two months ended last week and I haven't had anything.

Thanks,

Alex.
  • MSE_Tony
    MSE_Tony Posts: 100 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Alex

If you could please email info@directlinetreat.co.uk, and include your policy number and start date, Direct Line will be able to look in to it and let you know.

Regards

MSE Tony
  • Effervescent
    Options
    You need to send them:

Full Name
    Full Address
    Policy Number
    Type of policy taken out
    Start date of the policy
    Contact number
  • anglian315
    Options
    Hi

This is my first posting so please forgive me if it's in correct in any way!
    I also purchased Direct LIne car insurance in March before the deadline and I am still waiting for
    my amazon voucher? I have emailed that address you specified but it was only yesterday so I guess I should wait a few days before badgering them again? Is there anything else I could do? I spoke to Direct line about it at the time but they denied all knowledge of anything to do with it and were most adamant about that!

Thanks
  • tmwang50
    tmwang50 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I've emailed the specified email address several times after they originally told me they sent the voucher to a different email address?? even though I have only used one email address the whole way through the purchase! It just seemed to be an excuse to get rid of me and the emails are never written by a named contact or even provide a contact number!

They now simply seem to be ignoring me so I am assuming this offer is turning into too much hassle for them.

Very disappointed as MSE had advertised this so widely, I will continue to chase them but the £45 Amazon voucher seems a long way away.
  • anglian315
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your experience tmwang. I have not heard back from the email address which is specified in the MSE advice on this. I am feeling rather disappointed. I bought the Direct Line policy because it was cheaper than my renewal and the best of the alternatives but the fact of the supposed £45 amazon voucher was certainly in my mind. If as seems likely it never finds its way into my hands in the end I shall think very very carefully before esteeming any further similar offers advertised in any way via MSE. I hope of course that we both get the voucher as we were promised.
  • foolsgold99
    foolsgold99 Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Purchased car insurance via MSE link for £45 from direct line on 9th April. No voucher ever received from them. Web chat advisor now claiming that was for home insurance only and direct line are washing their hands of it now. I don't think that it was. Can anyone confirm that the offer running during 9th April on MSE was for £45 cash back for car insurance please?

thanks
  • foolsgold99
    foolsgold99 Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Tony, could you help with my query please? Deaf ears from direct line.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure