DRO advice/? debt collectors

Hi I had my DRO approved in November.
In February I received a letter from Santander stating I owed payment but assumed this was a standard letter as I’d read they can still add interest etc and wasn’t receiving regular reminders. However I’ve noticed in my credit file today that it is still showing as late payment where as most other creditors are default - I’ve tried logging onto my account online but it says I have no accounts with them. Does it sound like they’ve sold my debt on? I’ve just looked at my DRO paperwork and noticed my account is applied with was my credit card number which I was told was ok but it’s different in my letter. They also have my old address down so now worried the sect collectors will be issuing ccjs etc and I won’t know about them !!!128556; going to call them tomorrow to try and find out what’s happened but wondered if anyone had any advice please? My Halifax Bank acc and loan have also disappeared from my online banking and are showing as late payments rather than default is this normal?
Thanks in advance :o

Comments

• My Halifax accounts say transferred to CDR and Halifax recoveries. I have had no letters from them regarding this. Do I need to be writing to them to update my credit file rather than it showing as late payment? :mad:
  • My Halifax accounts say transferred to CDR and Halifax recoveries. I have had no letters from them regarding this. Do I need to be writing to them to update my credit file rather than it showing as late payment? :mad:
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Do not worry about it, they are bound by the terms of your DRO just like the OC.

It;s usually after completion that your credit file is updated, if it does not happen, write and complain.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Catlady121 wrote: »
    Hi there, ive currently changed jobs due to depression and i have had a major decrease in income. I earn around £950 a month and my boyfriend earns around £1300 a month - we split everything evenly as i earned more before but debts took up a large portion of my income.
    Ive used stepchange online tool and its reccommended a DRO now my partner isnt aware of my debts fully and i think hed be angry if he knew the extent of it.
    Ive asked him if he can pay more towards the house now im earning less but unfortuantley he cant as he co runs a business which uses roughly £400 a month of his income with no profit and hes learning how to drive and paying off his own debts.
    Will i be asked to provide my boyfriends income? Hes not listed on my tenancy agreement or any of the bills either but pays me a set amount of £400 towards bills and food etc.
    Im just really worried about it being rejected if i submit it or my boyfriend having to pay my debts.
    Any help or experiences would be appreciated

Hi,

In answer to both your posts, your debts are yours, no one else can be made to pay them, for DRO purposes, its only your income that matters, no one else`s, a DRO is personal to you.

If it is submitted by the intermediary, then 99.9% of the time they are approved without question.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Give them your DRO number and they can check it on the Insolvency Service website, that should stop any action,

Even if they carried on and went all the way to a CCJ your defence form would just state you're insolvent give the court evidence such as your DRO number, they would then have to pay costs and fees.

If that doesn't work contact the Insolvency Service and they will contact them for you.

Always keep a record of your DRO number after its completed as they sell debt off, some DCA may come back in a couple of years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure