NST February A FOREST ADVENTURE

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mothernerd your jokes make me laugh. mango one took too much explaining to hub :rotfl:

hub asked for money to get me a small something for Valentine's. so, shopping done, I have 32 pounds left for 2 weeks. but I have drawn out 20 pounds for tonight which I doubt ill spend. so whatevers left will need to be my spends til fri & then the 32 for the last week. nobody panic :rotfl:
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Reserve me a space on the naughty step!!

After being totally brilliant all last week with poorly smalls and still managing to be amazing. Today I went shopping.

I did my 20% off picks online. Took a £8 off a £40 voucher, and a £2 off any veggie chilled foods. Researched all the offers, ended up paying £38 for a £54 shop. But erm.... £23 of it was on ice cream. Non dairy ice cream. I had not tried the new Vegan Ben & J3rrys flavours, and at £5.50 a pot, it was a good reason not to try them, but I did today. I need to be tied to a tree for my non turtle ways.
    Everyone was very excited to try them though, and we all had a scoop of each one after lunch,

I did save on the Alpr0 ice cream, it is £3.75 a tub, but I found it in Her0n for 2 for £1, So I blame that for One going mad in Waitr0se. I know some people can spend that amount on lunch out or a night in the pub, but I am still annoyed at myself. However, I can now buy plain vanilla soya ice cream at half the price and make it into the same flavours.

I am still within budget though.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • abundant1972
    Options
    Evening all...

I think we may need a bigger naughty step haha...

Thursday = NSD number 3
    Friday = NSD number 4

Today was day out with the parents and they took me out for lunch and we ended up in the Forbidden Zone [Coffee Shop] where I may have accidentally purchased some Ginger Bread Latte CAKE!!! I will go and say 100 Hail Mary's (or... Hail Martin Lewis's haha) and repent my sins.

Next week will be different. I am re-booting AGAIN my diet/exercise goals. I was all set for this on 01st Feb but parent problems erupted and knocked me off track. After a few minor hiccups this week I feel in a better head space to get back on the wagon. Had a bit of a scare at the GPs on a routine blood check too... My cholesterol has jumped from 3.4 to 5.3 and my liver function is up the wall... That'll be all the comfort food I've eaten since July when my parents became ill... lack of exercise... and increasing the dose of prescribed medications... So I am going to help myself and do a bit of a gentle food detox. Bought some Milk Thistle and adding Tumeric to my food (both good for liver I'm told) and going to do some reading up on good ways to detox.

Other than that life is ok. Will update my budgets later on... Have a nice Saturday night all x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Your comment in the first post, mothernerd, about houses getting a little shabby when debt-busting rings very true here. But the way you phrased it made me feel like I could actually get some free improvements done (garden bits, painting...). Thank you!

I think it always looks worse after Christmas. All bright and colourful then everything gets taken down and it looks sad and you notice all the worn bits (might be through being up close whilst cleaning or dealing with decorations). Doing something for nothing is the same as giving yourself a home manicure/ pamper session instead of splashing out on a spa weekend. Brighter surroundings perk us up.
    Siebrie wrote: »
    Mothernerd, I'm not in this challenge, but thank you for the laughs!! My sandwiches live in an unassembled state in the company fridge - I'm off to gather them now :)

I've used pinterest for my quotes this time, every time I saw something that made me smile I put it into a separate enclosure - some are spot on and some make me feel good because I am not that bad. I have a declutter article written by a woman who admits she used to hide dirty pots in the oven. Might not be that bad an idea - if I put half in the oven I could tackle the half that are out, then retrieve the oven ones. As it is DS3 and his Beloved fill the sink area then start piling stuff on the kitchen table (that's not counting all the ones they leave around the house).
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Reserve me a space on the naughty step!!

After being totally brilliant all last week with poorly smalls and still managing to be amazing. Today I went shopping.

I did my 20% off picks online. Took a £8 off a £40 voucher, and a £2 off any veggie chilled foods. Researched all the offers, ended up paying £38 for a £54 shop. But erm.... £23 of it was on ice cream. Non dairy ice cream. I had not tried the new Vegan Ben & J3rrys flavours, and at £5.50 a pot, it was a good reason not to try them, but I did today. I need to be tied to a tree for my non turtle ways.
    Everyone was very excited to try them though, and we all had a scoop of each one after lunch,

I did save on the Alpr0 ice cream, it is £3.75 a tub, but I found it in Her0n for 2 for £1, So I blame that for One going mad in Waitr0se. I know some people can spend that amount on lunch out or a night in the pub, but I am still annoyed at myself. However, I can now buy plain vanilla soya ice cream at half the price and make it into the same flavours.

I am still within budget though.
    Some of it could count as medicinal. Have you not saved any money by them being off their food? Okay it's extravagant but getting poorlies eating again/ half term treat sounds more reasonable. Remember to be more tolerant if they still want to stay in and lounge around for a few days.

laurenh1 the card sounds fabulous. I can take no credit for the jokes - the mango passed before my eyes just after Calling and I were talking about bfs and their shortcomings.

sashanut If you are making all your meals from the fridge and freezer contents, not running out but not throwing anything away, the cupboard audit can wait. think of it as your reserve, second wave supplies when what is immediately before you starts to run out/ you want something different.

greent I think a takeaway is permissible if you have no working kitchen.

Kerry Woman I love your posts, focusing on the little moments each day.

The experiments in using my left hand continue. Ladling out of a large pan felt weird, eating with a spoon was a doddle (probably from years of feeding myself at the same time as a baby or toddler). Washed my hair this morning (will abandon thoughts of having it long again, something short, choppy and easily managed is best) and played a game on the laptop this afternoon (very slow but doable).

Went out shopping late on when it was quiet. Mainly mum's - need to get another couple of things for her yet.Need to get on top of the remainder of 'stuff to be sorted'.

Today I am grateful for being calm (really laid back), for all the things I can do with my left hand and arm, for finding a good book by a 'nw to me' author.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Was a spend day. Got food shopping and had a hair cut.
    Had to get a new hairdryer as my last one broke. I did have it for quite a few years so cannot complain. Used a loyalty card in a catalogue shop so no money spent.
    Grateful for:
    My hairdresser coming the flat to do my hair.
    Did not have to spend money for the new hairdryer.
    Doing a few house chores.
    Taking it easy this afternoon and evening.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    F0xh0les - £23 on ice cream sounds quite reasonable to me!! I looked at the b&j dairy free ones, and one of them contains gluten (d'uh) and dd doesn't lile the other. So we are sticking with the swedish glace at £2.50 a tub. Or their version of 'mini magnum' at £3.20 for 5. Needless to say, I ensure that ONLY dd eats them at that price.

Today I am grateful for the rugby, for my attempt at Impossible Pie almost working, for a good trawl around some ch shops with dd where she was the only one of us to spend money, for happy chats with dd, for finally getting some sewing up done, for swallowing a humungous frog this morning (though I suspect it will come back to bite me soon, sigh), for getting lots of washing done.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Quick update from me spent £5 in total on food Friday in the end and £10 on eyebrow tidy up and dyed. My treat time a little spend a month.

Today daughters and grandkids over. So pizza and pancakes.
    Cleaning job done this am and small walk after they left so got 10k done.

After moaning about bf now wants to take me out for lunch tomorrow. Think he knows he's been grateing on me lately. Be rude to refuse :-)

Off to soak in bath and chill time.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mothernerd I always hide dirty pots in the oven! :rotfl:
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Sleep still good, will keep up the new regime..although one of the 'sleepy teas' that I drink tastes yuk, Sadly it's the one we have 5 packets of - yes, bought by DH of course, you who remember the egg saga will know this already..I will be drinking them however rather than buying more of the nicer tasting one (half a packet only of these).

Always : Will try to make sure I can make/save some money this month instead of always spending up to the max..No spends today

First : Agree

Organise : Bacon sandwiches for lunch & LO YS pizza for supper, it went a long way that £1.50 pizza..although I did make a pear & ginger bundt cake (sadly no special bundt tin, so I made it in the Christmas tree cake tin, very festive). Had it with some custard, then it will be eaten as a cake - but it's quite big...

Reserve : Already make a charity donation each month from joint acc. Will also set up a DD for an animal one. Still to do

Environment : Outside again this afternoon before the forecast bad weather. Pulling out huge brambles & trying to give it a bit of a tidy up. Had the company of a little robin, I suppose he thought I was going to dig him up some dinner..

Stock take : Still lunch & dinner all from stocks in fridges/freezer - haven't had to chuck anything as yet which I thought I would. Need to stocktake all other food stocks (kitchen cupboards, pantry, larder, cellar ) will start tomorrow. Keep saying this & not doing it...again! Thanks mothernerd I don't know why I'm not doing it because when I do I find all sorts of stuff...although I do inventory the things I take/add into the cellar, which makes everyone laugh...

Takeaways are forbidden (unless as part of family entertainment night/ birthday choice). Coffee shops, vending machines, works canteens etc are also banned (pastoral exceptions): Not planning on any takeaways, too much food here to need any.

Always take your lunch to work and snacks and drinks for outings or appointments: will do.

Do something different. If nothing changes, nothing changes. We want to see small positive changes which become habits and then just part of who you are. Pick 2 or 3 things you want to change. Start with one small change and after five successful days, add another: Surface still clear but still the only one!! Time to add another change tomorrow.

Valentine Who? :
    Card only for DH, already have. Got YS flowers yesterday, they look lovely & I can use them as my Valentines, no need to get any more..

Exercise 5 times a week please: Could well be gardening or clearing, cleaning etc but will aim to be active. Today it was gardening, more bramble wrestling and clearing around the pond, being careful not to fall in.unearthed a windchime that I had forgotten we had....

NSDs are staying at 18 this month: NSD today so now 4/18

Big push on this, much clearing needs to be done but refuse to toss useful stuff, will freecycle or CS - but preferably sell! Have photos ready to list now, will list this weekend.There is only tomorrow left of the weekend, so tomorrow!

Use what you have. Fix something : Have some knobs on drawers cupboard etc in bedroom that have come adrift. Need superglueing or I have already bought 4 new ones if not fixable. Not done yet. Maybe will need to buy more outside paint, the one I used was rubbish...Cord that open curtains has broken, have to get up ladder to try & see how to fix it. Need DH to hold ladder as ceilings so high.

Refuel properly: Will do this, already am taking some steps to improve health & sleep patterns. Taking supplements now & bedtime tea, seems to be working. Tea combined with pillow spray etc got me to sleep, not too bad food today & refrained from picking, but eating puddings as 'it's the weekend'..

Elephants and Frogs: Frog printer tackled today & is now working, albeit intermittently. Elephant - sorted out some of DHs old polo shirts that will only be ragged at CS but that's fine, he won't wear them again as he found some that actually fitted him & never wears the old ones.
    Frogs 3 phone calls, one to cancel hair appt next Weds (will save a packet), tree surgeon who will come over weekend to price for trimming our massive Black Poplar tree, which has a TPO on it - will cost a packet but necessary as it overhangs the road and call to gas engineers to sort out DDs boiler & fire...whew No frogs today & no elephants either..

dolly84 - yes we must be quite close we're 7.5 miles from there although I certainly can't claim to be biking up hills, we are lucky it is so beautiful. Agree about the Piece Hall, I do hope they manage to let some more of the shops & have some events in the summer. I used to like it when they had the market in there, but probably wouldn't be allowed now.

Thanks mothernerd for running the challenge, it is very much appreciated even though I am not a model turtle pupil yet
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Be crazy
    Be stupid
    Be silly
    Be weird
    Be whatever
    Because life is too short to be anything but happy

You are turtley awesome

As far as small dog can tell, you are doing your best given the circumstances.
    Small dog admires you for your effort.

This is not your practice life

Have a cute happy weekend

My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport