Renovations and Repayments II: New Year, New Start, New Diary.

Comments

• daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    AlexLK wrote: »
    Yes, I finally slept well last night. Had a great day today: work, Mrs. K. came home from work early so we could walk the dog together as a family and a nice dinner.

There!!!8217;s a lot of things I!!!8217;d like to move on. We have started to look at kitchen options and think about what type of wood we would like our cabinets to be. Current favourite is natural oak with a polished marble top. However, I do like this deco effort: https://www.smithandsmith.com.au/deco-kitchen/ :) don!!!8217;t think our house would take it, though.

THAT IS A LOVELY KITCHEN !!! I ADORE art deco stuff (have just bought myself ANOTHER art deco design book which I gave to Mr d to give me for my birthday and I am so EXCITED to open it and start reading). I went American diner for my kitchen but my 1930s house would really be suited to make it more art deco 30s rather than suburban 30s. Page bookmarked for future drooling cheers Alex

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    AlexLK wrote: »
    I do like this deco effort: https://www.smithandsmith.com.au/deco-kitchen/ :) don!!!8217;t think our house would take it, though.
    daisy_1571 wrote: »
    THAT IS A LOVELY KITCHEN !!! I ADORE art deco stuff (have just bought myself ANOTHER art deco design book which I gave to Mr d to give me for my birthday and I am so EXCITED to open it and start reading). I went American diner for my kitchen but my 1930s house would really be suited to make it more art deco 30s rather than suburban 30s. Page bookmarked for future drooling cheers Alex

Daisy xx
    When I win the euro millions (note to self - start buying a ticket :rotfl:) I want a kitchen like that in my modern Art Deco style house. With this staircase. And this window is going somewhere. Maybe in the pool room :D. It will be such a wonderful house that when people see it (from the clifftop walk that goes quite, but not too, close by ;)), they will look at it and smile at its beauty :happyhear:happyhear:happyhear.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • gallygirl wrote: »
    When I win the euro millions (note to self - start buying a ticket :rotfl:) I want a kitchen like that in my modern Art Deco style house. With this staircase. And this window is going somewhere. Maybe in the pool room :D. It will be such a wonderful house that when people see it (from the clifftop walk that goes quite, but not too, close by ;)), they will look at it and smile at its beauty :happyhear:happyhear:happyhear.

I :blushing: the herringbone pattern floor in that window pic gallygirl
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh my. Okay, I had to follow the links after Daisy and Gally were both so enthusiastic. And I see what you mean. The kitchen, Alex, looks like it belongs on an oceangoing liner from the 30s, it looks *so* beautiful! And I remembered the art deco house on the front at Southport http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/69050787.jpg which isn't as spectacular, but its a living breathing house.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • daisy_1571
    Oh these links are amazing. I can't decide if I want to live in the houses or opposite them so I can see them every day. Love love love. Might have to go off and watch a poirot so I can dream..............

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • I always coveted one of these flats when we lived near Southend-on-Sea http://media.rightmove.co.uk/dir/11k/10117/31580556/10117_3343A_AE005525_IMG_01_0000_max_656x437.JPG They are on the cliffs above the seafront
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • daisy_1571
    gallygirl wrote: »

This deserves more than just being able to 'thank' it what a beautiful wee scenario to describe :heartpuls:happylove:happyhear:happyhear: and just for good luck :xmastree:

:rotfl:

Daisy xx
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Some lovely piictures there GG. Has anyone heard of the Burgh island hotel in Devon? Poirot was filmed there, my parents have stayed and said it's a real Deco step back in time, tuxedos for dinner, no TVs's and modern stuff. I'd love to go but maybe when mf :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • daisy_1571
    newgirly wrote: »
    Some lovely piictures there GG. Has anyone heard of the Burgh island hotel in Devon? Poirot was filmed there, my parents have stayed and said it's a real Deco step back in time, tuxedos for dinner, no TVs's and modern stuff. I'd love to go but maybe when mf :D

It's on my list for when the dog goes, burgh island, portmeiron, Portugal and Disney world then back home to get more dogs and no holidays for another 12 years :rotfl:

Dxx
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Oh my. Okay, I had to follow the links after Daisy and Gally were both so enthusiastic. And I see what you mean. The kitchen, Alex, looks like it belongs on an oceangoing liner from the 30s, it looks *so* beautiful! And I remembered the art deco house on the front at Southport http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/69050787.jpg which isn't as spectacular, but its a living breathing house.

Oh what a beautiful house KC :).
    newgirly wrote: »

"Adds to Bucket List" :D. I'll have the
    LARGE DOUBLE (CUNARD)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure