Paid and booked for specific seats didn't get them

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,051
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    From TUI T&Cs:
    Select Your Seat Terms & Conditions:

-Reserved seats together could be seats behind each other or across an aisle
    -If you decide to use the select your seat service, once booked, seats can't be changed
    -Seating choices can't always be guaranteed as they are subject to availability and restrictions and may change due to operational, safety or security reasons
    -Select your Seat Service is provided using the Civil Aviation Authority guidelines
    -In the event we have to change you seat, we'll endeavour to seat you in a suitable alternative
    -A refund will only be offered if we can't seat your group together and in a similar position to your original request
    -Available on most TUI Airways flights

You can email TUI expressing your dissatisfaction, but I expect they'll reply, apologising for it, but pointing you to those T&C's. They may offer some kind of goodwill gesture, it will be very little, if anything.

Medano wrote:
    I might of chosen a different airline if i couldn't get the seats i had booked

You won't find any airline that guarantees your seat selection. All of them will have a disclaimer like TUI do within the T&Cs.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    How much compensation do you think is reasonable?
  • Gloomendoom
    Forumite
    bagand96 wrote: »
    From TUI T&Cs:You won't find any airline that guarantees your seat selection. All of them will have a disclaimer like TUI do within the T&Cs.

That’s true in my experience. Change of aircraft type or configuration seems to be the most common reason for a seat change. I dread emails from airlines once I have booked.
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 7 December 2017 at 10:19PM
    That’s true in my experience.I dread emails from airlines once I have booked.

In my experience, I rarely get emails from airlines once I have booked - especially with reference to change of equipment or seats.

RIP Myflightsapp.com.
  • Gloomendoom
    Forumite
    In my experience, I rarely get emails from airlines once I have booked - especially with reference to change of equipment or seats.

RIP Myflightsapp.com.

Good for you.
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Good for you.

And the point of such a childish response is?........

Grow up!
  • Gloomendoom
    Forumite
    And the point of such a childish response is?........

Grow up!

I tailor my responses to reflect the tone of the posts I quote.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

Same here. It's a mystery to me why BA will notify you by email if YOU change your seat selection, however, if THEY do it you hear nothing.
  • SuboJvR
    SuboJvR Posts: 481
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Same with Qatar. I’ve held reservations for nearly a year and I check periodically to discover we have moved when they’ve changed the plane layout again :D

In the OP’s case though it is entirely possible there was a further safety issue around their not having the pre booked seats, perhaps medical condition of other passengers requiring the extra space. It is unfortunate but is one of the reasons that even paid-for seat choices are not guaranteed. You may well get a refund of the fee you paid for the seat if you didn’t get the exact type you selected.
  • I tailor my responses to reflect the tone of the posts I quote.

Just as I did.

Although I found nothing wrong with the ‘tone’ of my comment you initially responded to....as I alluded to earlier, perhaps you need to grow up a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure