Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,003 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    This is theoretical, as 6 of them (meeting both A's 3 for 2 and M's 2 for £20) would well exceed £20 APG (if nothing really bad was also bought on the same shop and then it would seem rather pointless).
    As regards whether the Fusion Proglide Power Blades can be mixed and matched with any of the "ProShield" blades, it is not clear from the SELs in my M:(:rotfl:.

My M shows 2 for £20 pricing on each. However, on the ticket for Proglide it says "Gillette ProShield Blades 4's I]sic[/I" offer. However, the Proshield varieties are apparently not in the Proshield offer, instead, according to the SELs, they are in the offer called "Gillette Fusion Blades":rotfl:. Whether that includes Fusion Proglide or is confined to Fusion Proshield is unspecified.

It seems to me, as someone following literally the precise wording of the SELs and completely ignoring that the person or people that wrote them was not being precise, there are two different offers and the Proglide blades are in a completely different offer from either of the two ProShield versions, that are in their own offer together with each other. If they are not being precise, then maybe there is one offer covering all three; however they have specifically put onto the SELs for each of the ProShield products the exact same offer description, so this is where the confusion starts, since clearly they must have intended that that was one offer and the other, covering just the Proglide, is separate. But then I am reading what their wording actually says. Say what you mean! (People generally often do not do so.)

As it seems it may be they have not said what they meant, but said something else that they didn't really mean, since they may - in common it seems with most people most often - be being rather careless over their actual precise wording and failing to be specific, exact and completely precise in every way (when is that ever achieved in the English language?:rotfl:) without any possibility for ambiguity, misunderstanding or confusion, they are probably not meaning it to be taken literally as it says. However, for me, the words they have actually used are clear: there is no confusion that, because of the different words, there are two separate offers and therefore I can't say whether or not they meant what they said as what they have said is very clear and there isn't any confusion following what they have actually said on each item.

As regards whether the APG would pick up a mix and match, whether or not these products are all on the same mix and match (and I have no clue about whether that is the case or not as I am following their clear wording and treating them as two separate offers, one with the Proglide product only in it, called a ProShield offer in which no ProShield products appear actually to be in, and the other, a separate offer including both of the ProShield products. I am sorry - if you are going to write, in relation to a Proglide product, that it is in a Proshield offer, then I am going to take you literally at your word that you meant that - as, if you did not, you would be correct and accurate and actually say something else that it then is in:p. I expect people to be accurate and precise every time and always to say what they actually mean. If they might something else, then they would say that instead! (Of course, I know fully well this is not how it works:rotfl:. However, how else am I supposed to interpret or understand what they have said? If someone says something and I take what they say, then if they didn't mean it, it's their fault as they should have said what they actually meant and not something else:p. That's the rest of the world's problem, not mine, and people should be precise and fully accurate:p, rather than the hopeless human beings that they actually are:rotfl: !)

Anyway, the APG collectors might well, like the Colgate toothpastes that are, or have been - I may have spotted a subtle change on that (but irrelevant now they are no longer in A's offer) - some of them in a Colgate Total offer and separate ones in a Colgate Whitening and Sensitive offer, despite one Total Advanced Whitening appearing in the part of the shelf suggesting, fairly enough, it is in the Total offer but not the Whitening (and Sensitive) one. Therefore they are not accurate:p - the "Colgate Whitening/Sensitive" offer should be "Colgate Whitening/Sensitive excluding Total Advanced Whitening"!:rotfl::p The APG collectors might just put the blades into one single offer, like the Colgate toothpastes earlier, as they might fail to notice the different wording on one of the 2 for £20 compared to the other two, subtle as it is.

As regards the list, therefore I have put this post here rather than attempt to explain the extent, or not, of the 2 for £20 Gillette mens blades mix and match on the list. Taking the SELs at their face, I think 2 for £20 pricing is in two separate offers - one of them covering only both of the ProShield razors but not called that - however you, or I, might still think there is probably one offer covering all three items. However, online also has two separate offers divided this way, so I am taking the SEL writers at their word and not tripping up whereas most people shopping in M, that considered buying these products, probably would do:rotfl:. I will divide them on the list strictly as it appears they should be if bought in M in order to pick up the different 2 for £20 offers on them. However, the APG might allow a mix and match across all three.
    I did I price check on rasor blades and dove soap and they were in the same 3 4 2 mix and match so I would guess that is the case for all the rasor products - and definitely don't do £1.50 and £8 3 4 2 products in the same basket :eek:
    I think....
  • My baxters coupons wouldn't scan in A's. It scanned, came up -50p but at the payment was invalid. Sometimes they put them in manually but didn't today, so anyone who doesn't like a fuss at the till just be careful. I just do my ususal 'thick' look........
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 December 2017 at 4:33PM
    If you like scampi there's a deal at Waitrose ATM where you can get these https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/youngs-premium-wholetail-scampi/008564-4079-4080 for £1.60 each.

They are on PYO so if you buy 4 of them the till takes off £7.96 for the multi buy and £3.60 for PYO leaving £6.40 to pay. Plus you can get your free paper and coffee :)
  • 99p
    99p Posts: 922 Forumite
    Pssst! LOreal sport yellow pack now compares £6 v £2.25 at T
    Net approx 3p each, check my calcs plz

Hi BH 2.5p each :D
    I do try to keep up but sometimes life gets in the way.
    I'm just a penny short of a pound. Peace and Love.

I've joined the 5:2 club cos mrT made me eat 1p chocolate.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    zippydooda wrote: »
    Forgot about mullers. Not v s anyway are they. My store did not have the trigger last time I looked.
    Confused with 29p hit

Yes, mullers are v Sains :) £3.29 back, £3 spend.
  • michaels wrote: »
    Looks like this:

https://www.android.com/intl/en_uk/pay/promotions/hsbctapmoments/

Why on earth did I link my FD card rather than my hsbc one :(

Simple, link it, you can have as many linked a you like.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,003 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Simple, link it, you can have as many linked a you like.
    I will do now but it just means I have only being doing 1 draw per transaction when I could have been doing 2 for the last week - 1 greggs only yesterday :(
    I think....
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pssst! LOreal sport yellow pack now compares £6 v £2.25 at T
    Net approx 3p each, check my calcs plz
    99p wrote: »
    Hi BH 2.5p each :D

Brilliant. I am heading for a big A this evening so fingers crossed...

Is it this one please?

L'Oreal Men Expert Invincible SPORT gift Set for Him
  • Todays shops

AvT APG £19.84

1x Baylis & Harding Jojoba, Silk & Almond Oil Benefit Set (each) £10.00 £3.75
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Seedless Mixed Grapes (500g) £1.80 £2.00
    1x New Covent Garden Slow Roast Tomato Soup (600g) £1.00 N/A
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.12 £0.12
    1x New Covent Garden Vegetable Soup (600g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Salted Butter (500g) £2.79 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lime (each) £0.30 £0.35
    1x New Covent Garden Maris Piper Potato & Leek Soup (600g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Lemon (each) £0.28 £0.35
    2x Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin & Grapefruit Benefit Set (each) £20.00 £7.50

AvM APG £7.40

1x Domestos Power 5 Rimblock Ocean (each) £1.00 £1.00
    0.2x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Conference Pear (Typically 300g) (per kg) £0.39 N/A
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.11
    1x Domestos Power 5 Rimblock Lime (each) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) £0.25 £0.30
    1x Glade Apple, Cinnamon & Nutmeg Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) £6.00 £4.00
    1x Glade Clean Linen Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) £6.00 £4.00
    1x Glade Vanilla, Cream & Sugar Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) £6.00 £4.00

This was targeted against W but the domestos lime rim block came back n/a. .

I had the 3 x cadburys buttons and 1 Chomp in with the Freddo which gave me a £2 gift card. And I didn’t even have to ask. Good job I got 10 items or I'd be fuming now

Womble A v M

1x ASDA Classic Favourites Toffee Assortment (200g) £0.70 £0.89
    2x Bakers Meaty Twists with Beef (180g) £3.00 £2.50
    2x Fox's Jam Ring Creams (150g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Thick Corned Beef Slices (150g) £1.50 N/A
    1x Warburtons Medium Wholemeal Bread (400g) £0.80 £0.83
    1x ASDA Thick Dry Cured Ham Slices (150g) £1.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Cherry Pie (each) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Extra Special 6 Luxury All-Butter Mince Pies (6pk) £1.50 £2.00
    1x Pedigree Schmackos Dog Treats with Beef (172g) £1.00 £1.65
    1x ASDA 2 Strawberry Cheesecakes (2x100g) £1.00 N/A
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection Organic Carrots (500g) £0.92 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Cooked Ham Slices (400g) £1.49 £1.55
    2x Yorkie Original Chocolate Bar 3 Pack (3x46g) £2.00 £2.00

SnS
  • Thanks bubbs, loreal worked a treat today.Friends crimbo pressie sorted. :j
    Soup still working against T's for me, pity about the coupon debacle, would have cost 2p:( but hey ho, can't win em all.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure