Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    wendyak wrote: »
    Morning gang

has anyone seen any Bratz dolls about as on Amazon they are from the USA and have hefty postage ? xx
    I made the mistake of buying the snowkissed lodge that was reduced in Argos and it is sooo lovely, it even snows out of the chimney ! ..but my ideal would be a matching doll in the snowkissed range - any idweas welcome xxxx

p.s. thanks for the diet pepsi tip, we are well stocked up xxxx

Just had a clear out and put a load of Bratz dolls etc on Fb selling groups including the ski lodge
    gocat wrote: »
    OH and myself both have The Preferred Rewards Gold Card and both got the PO offer :)

I know the offer is one credit per card but has anyone tried more than one PO and got more than one credit? I’m sure this was the case last year TIA 😀
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • tiha
    tiha Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thank you so much wonderfull people in here, reading you it was very hard to get in the system but thanks to 3 dogs and all the other people here(I can't remember all names yet) I'm getting there. It's a huge difference doing shops the way I know now and it helps a lot!!
  • chocaholics
    chocaholics Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2017 at 3:25PM
    Good morning all, can anyone recommend any of the red wines in the 6 for £25 offer in Sada please as I am not a wine drinker. Also I have bottles of wine (cheapies) that are now about 2-3 years old, can I serve them up at a forthcoming gathering or might my guests quietly pour them down the sink. TIA.
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Afternoon all :)
    No post office offer on either my BA Amex or DH's gold charge card :(
    Off to have a go at toiletries in a minute, wish me luck.
    MIL is still in hospital but making good progress. The last 11 Irish relatives flew home yesterday, so everything seems very quiet now.

I've never really known what shaking with anger would feel like until Friday evening. I went to MIL's house to do dinner for the hordes. Pulled into a space in front of her house. There were another three or four cars coming up the road behind me, with no room for the one car coming down the road to pass until the ones behind had gone up. Woman in car coming down started hurling abuse at me as I got out of the car, about how selfish I was to pull in like that. I pointed out that I was merely parking as I lived there (ok small white lie) and she just went on and on, culminating in her calling me a selfish f****** b**** :eek: I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life. My parking when I did meant that the cars behind, which she had to wait for anyway, maybe took ten seconds longer to pass before she could go down the road. She spent longer than that yelling. What is wrong with people :mad:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tiha wrote: »
    Thank you...As I'm new in this and still learning, would you try this rejected one again in the different shop?

The only reason I know of that they get rejected on the system is when you have mistyped the barcode on the voucher or receipt (or if the voucher has already been used would cause it to be rejected too) - others may have different experience.

I would try it again in a different store.

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tiha wrote: »
    I have a problem which I hope you can advise me what to do. I was paying my shopping today with 2 apg coupons from bayilis shops. Both apg were for 19 pounds. I was on SS and one was accepted the other one rejected. Then all AS came and the manager also, and they were quite rude saying this coupons are not valid because I'm getting my all money back. They wanted to take that apg but i didnt let them. What do you advise me to do? Is there anyone I can complain or should I just try with the same apg later in the week?
    Bdw, thank you for all your help in here, I'm managing my family thanks to you all.

I am not sure complaining would be a good idea - you are getting more back than you should, albeit due to a technical issue on their system not recognising the 342 offer. You are exploiting the error though so I would keep quiet and try again - you have been officially trouted :D. Best to try not to draw attention to yourself and keep anonymous instore :A.

Anon
  • Still not managed to catch up :(
    So apologies if already posted.
    Saw this in McD today, is it competition, have no idea about snapchat

IMG_20171203_142059.jpg

IMG_20171203_142146.jpg
  • my shampoo, coke, crisps and curly wurly shop from today

used walkers tommy ketchup and 30p PM chomp for triggers

Asda v Morribobs

1x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Shampoo (300ml) £2.00 £1.00
    1x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Conditioner (300ml) £2.00 £1.00
    1x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Conditioner (300ml) £2.00 £1.00
    1x ASDA Bourbon Biscuits (300g) £0.39 £0.40
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £1.40 £1.00
    1x ASDA Custard Creams (400g) £0.45 £0.40
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    0.58x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.44 £0.44
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Medium Oranges (5pk) £1.00 N/A
    1x Caxton Pink 'n' White Jammies (6pk) £0.50 £0.50
    3x Pepsi Diet Cans (8x330) £7.50 £3.75
    1x Jacob's Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins Toasted Cheddar 7 Pack (7x23g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Jacob's Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins Cheddar & Chive 7 Pack (7x23g) £1.65 £1.00
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    gocat wrote: »
    I havent got the nectar emails yet so nectar doesnt like me :(

and I have neither... :(
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Afternoon all :)
    No post office offer on either my BA Amex or DH's gold charge card :(
    Off to have a go at toiletries in a minute, wish me luck.
    MIL is still in hospital but making good progress. The last 11 Irish relatives flew home yesterday, so everything seems very quiet now.

I've never really known what shaking with anger would feel like until Friday evening. I went to MIL's house to do dinner for the hordes. Pulled into a space in front of her house. There were another three or four cars coming up the road behind me, with no room for the one car coming down the road to pass until the ones behind had gone up. Woman in car coming down started hurling abuse at me as I got out of the car, about how selfish I was to pull in like that. I pointed out that I was merely parking as I lived there (ok small white lie) and she just went on and on, culminating in her calling me a selfish f****** b**** :eek: I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life. My parking when I did meant that the cars behind, which she had to wait for anyway, maybe took ten seconds longer to pass before she could go down the road. She spent longer than that yelling. What is wrong with people :mad:

HornetGirl, so sorry you have had this happen to you. It's a horrible experience at the best of times but you certainly don't need it now. When something like this happens to me I try (and often fail) to be positive and think that the person must be coping with mega stress in their lives. Hugs to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure