Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening folks :D

Tomorrow is the day when Christmas throws up over hundreds of motorbikes and ride through bristol to raise money for the local children's hospice :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options

Tomorrow is the day when Christmas throws up over hundreds of motorbikes and ride through bristol to raise money for the local children's hospice :D

I seem to recall you doing this last year? Not going mad am I (not two separate questions :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • annieme
    annieme Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    Just realised A didn't pick up the 5 sweets for £1 on my receipt. I might try for a £2 gc as overcharged if they don't scribble on my receipt which I'm sure they will.

The glitter ball is comparing to T's £5.62 now.

14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    3x Impulse Glitter Ball Body Fragrance Gift Set (each) £30.00 £16.86
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £1.40 £1.20
    1x McCoy's Mighty Meaty Ridge Cut Potato Crisps Variety Pack (6x27g) £1.45 £1.00
    1x Jacob's Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins Toasted Cheddar 7 Pack (7x23g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 £0.13
    Comparison total (compared products only) £35.04 £20.59
    +£14.45 cheaper
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    What did you buy gifts sets?

Yep, Shop 1 was 3 x Tresemme and 3 x Mens L'Oreal Sport.

2nd Shop was Lip crackers.

I'm so mad at myself!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Options
    what else did you get if you get 3 and sweets and odd veg its under £20 hth x

Peppers, bread, tuna, Yorkshire puds, butter and curlys.
    :D
    Yum, you did ask. :D
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • spud01
    spud01 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    For savvy
    5 x diet pepsi (6x330ml) £12.50/ £6.26 AvM
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Have fun x
    CM66 wrote: »
    Yep, Shop 1 was 3 x Tresemme and 3 x Mens L'Oreal Sport.

2nd Shop was Lip crackers.

I'm so mad at myself!
    What would you say? lip crsckers could say bought the wrong things, but 2 lots of 3 of others:cool: tbh i never return but others do
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Peppers, bread, tuna, Yorkshire puds, butter and curlys.
    :D
    Yum, you did ask. :D

Something gave you a return then,stick to sweets /veg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    Options
    Have fun x

What would you say? lip crsckers could say bought the wrong things, but 2 lots of 3 of others:cool: tbh i never return but others do

Something gave you a return then,stick to sweets /veg

I was thinking the same, i could say i got the lipsticks for my nieces but i've been told they are too young to have them. I think i'm going to have to chalk the others down to experience!
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :j:j

That Sister has an appt for Velindre Cancer Centre on Tuesday :T

Lovely staff there. I wish her all the best. Hopefully after the initial appointment the system will move quickly. Hasn't it been a while since she was referred?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I seem to recall you doing this last year? Not going mad am I (not two separate questions :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)

No you're not going mad, we did do it last year, and the year before, and the year before that :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport