Tesco 3% Interest - when is it paid?

I've met the criteria for 3% interest on my current account. In May I paid in £750 and paid out 3 DDs yet I haven't received interest yet this month.

When should I expect to receive it?

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 June 2017 at 10:39PM
    I've met the criteria for 3% interest on my current account. In May I paid in £750 and paid out 3 DDs yet I haven't received interest yet this month.

When should I expect to receive it?
    On the same day of the month you opened the account, ie your statement date.

https://www.tescobank.com/assets/sections/current-accounts/pdf/tesco-current-accounts-april-2017-rates-and-fees.pdf?_=cachebuster04042017 (page 3)
  • mxhoward84 wrote: »
    Have had the tesco current account for a few years and recently opened a second one after the new stipulations were brought in. Am i correct in thinking that my old account doesn't need the 3 direct debits a month as it was opened before the new rules were brought in.

Thank you.

Unless they inform you otherwise in future, this is correct.
  • Have you selected Paperless Statements for your new account?

I assumed that it was already active as I hold a savings account with TSB, but alas not and lost first months interest.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have you selected Paperless Statements for your new account?

I assumed that it was already active as I hold a savings account with TSB, but alas not and lost first months interest.

This thread is about Tesco current accounts. I wasn't aware of any requirement for paperless statements.
  • Pizza_Man
    Pizza_Man Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I opened two Tesco accounts recently. Paying in 750 and then transferring it out again to my HSBC account. Also have a couple of 123 accounts.

What's the easiest way to set up DD. Can I set up 1 pound DD from Tesco to HSBC and each of my 123 accounts? I'm looking for the simplest way to qualify for the 3% interest. I don't have enough bill payments of any sort to have monthly payments from the Tesco accounts (they are already on the 123 accounts).

Thanks folks
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ^^ same question for me.

Also - am I being dim - but is a regular payment set up from my Tesco account to a savings account with another bank classed as a DD for the purpose of meeting the criteria for the 3% interest?
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Pizza_Man wrote: »
    I opened two Tesco accounts recently. Paying in 750 and then transferring it out again to my HSBC account. Also have a couple of 123 accounts.

What's the easiest way to set up DD. Can I set up 1 pound DD from Tesco to HSBC and each of my 123 accounts? I'm looking for the simplest way to qualify for the 3% interest. I don't have enough bill payments of any sort to have monthly payments from the Tesco accounts (they are already on the 123 accounts).

Thanks folks

Simple anwser is no
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    ^^ same question for me.

Also - am I being dim - but is a regular payment set up from my Tesco account to a savings account with another bank classed as a DD for the purpose of meeting the criteria for the 3% interest?

Is the transfer of £ a DD or a standing order ?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Yes, provided it's initiated by the savings account provider, not Tesco.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Pizza_Man wrote: »

Thanks folks
    The "simplest" will be charity donations. Each account will pay circa £7.50 a month interest so for each account maybe £1.50 each to 3 of them and keep the remaining £3 for yourself?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure