eBay Return

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Item is faulty or defective is the reason and it says I have to pay for the return.

So do I just agree for her to return it and then refund her? I think that's mighty unfair. I might have start buying off eBay and using this scam then.

Buy stuff, use everything up, claim it did not work properly, send back and get a full cash refund.

SOOLIN - I have the chat transcript and it says you can sell. I tried selling another stop smoking item years back but they ended the listing.

I was going to say fight the case, but as you say you have a transcript from Livechat giving you authority to sell, I will say you aren't a qualified seller.

To be qualified, you need to apply and be accepted.

Have you applied and were you accepted?
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    When I first started on eBay many years ago, after I had sold some items it asked me to upgrade my account.

I've spoken to eBay customer service. They said I am qualified.

They also said they will be refunding the buyer whether or not I accept the return. The money will be coming out of my account. I explained numerous time that all the items were used up and empty and the person on the phone kept saying the same thing that they would refund the buyer out of my account whatever I do. I said it was fraudulent and he went quiet.

So does this mean eBay agree to buyers buying things, using them, opening a case as defective and getting a full refund? Right time to start buying expensive skincare and such like!!!

I wonder if I could do that in a supermarket too. The pizza, booze, wine didn't last as long as it should have the. Here is the empty any, bottle, wrapper and give me a full refund!!! :T:T:T
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    When I first started on eBay many years ago, after I had sold some items it asked me to upgrade my account.

They also said they will be refunding the buyer whether or not I accept the return. The money will be coming out of my account. I explained numerous time that all the items were used up and empty and the person on the phone kept saying the same thing that they would refund the buyer out of my account whatever I do. I said it was fraudulent and he went quiet.

So does this mean eBay agree to buyers buying things, using them, opening a case as defective and getting a full refund? Right time to start buying expensive skincare and such like!!!

I wonder if I could do that in a supermarket too. The pizza, booze, wine didn't last as long as it should have the. Here is the empty any, bottle, wrapper and give me a full refund!!! :T:T:T

Firstly don't get muddled by 'upgraded accounts'. there are no upgraded accounts on ebay, only business or personal and even having 'upgraded' to a business doesn't mean that you are allowed to sell on the exceptions list.

Also, as has been said there are a few categories now where only certain sellers are allowed, but to be approved you fill out documentation , fax or scan forms across (usually invoices and business details) and then ebay allow you to sell- they do not confirm over live chat.

However, as ebay are not picking up on this it is very likely that CS reps don't realise, so as long as you don't rock the boat it will probably be OK.

Whilst ebay do usually find for buyers in SNAD claims, there have been instances recently where sellers have won the case because buyer has made specific statements in ebay messages which suggest that item was misused. If they are claiming these were all empty then whilst they might be lying, you can't prove it and although you would lose on ebay you could still consider small claims. If however they have made any statements that conflict with their SNAD claim, then another chat to ebay might prove useful.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mimi1234
    I sent the buyer an email asking why she had used them all and not contacted me after one was working, or maybe after two did not work.

She replied back and said "I knew you would not be able to resell them so I don't understand why you want them back," and "Why do I have to contact you after one was not working?", and "Just send me a full refund now".
  • theonlywayisup

As above. You need to apply to sell restricted items. Unless you are a qualified seller you are breaching their policy T&C.

If you weren't able to sell them, then the Ebay seller protection is non existent for you.
  • mimi1234
    edited 10 June 2017 at 4:39PM
    As above. You need to apply to sell restricted items. Unless you are a qualified seller you are breaching their policy T&C.

If you weren't able to sell them, then the Ebay seller protection is non existent for you.

Hi,

I am a qualified seller. I've had it confirmed by their CS.

She won the case and was told by eBay to return the items to me. She kept to her word and a week later, she hasn't sent them back so the case is now closed and I kept the money.

What a farce though.

Thanks for all your help folks.
  • theonlywayisup
    Odd that she won the case and failed to return, especially as you would have been required to pay the postage. What did she have to lose? Nothing? Well done on keeping the funds.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Buyer stated I can return but all are used and empty now.

It's the e-cig kits.

They may have been banned at one point but not anymore. Kits. Sticks. Liquids. It's all on now.
    you need to read their rules, so yes they are banned unless you are permitted to sell them

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/tobacco.html
    Only permitted sellers can list e-cigarettes, e-shishas and related accessories. To become a permitted seller, please, submit your request http://programme.ebay.co.uk/new_categories.
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Even though the ebay case hasn't resulted in a refund for her because she didn't return the items, can she still appeal to Paypal?
  • theonlywayisup
    Tealblue wrote: »
    Even though the ebay case hasn't resulted in a refund for her because she didn't return the items, can she still appeal to Paypal?

Yes. .........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport