IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine - Advice

Options
ParkingFun
ParkingFun Posts: 15 Forumite
Hi all,

Ok, so I've read through all the guidance and a LOT of the advice which has been previously offered.

Today I realised 2 tickets have been given to a vehicle of which I am the registered keeper. The reason for these being issued as defined in the NTK/PCN for both is: 'Failure to park within a marked bay'

Now one PCN was issued via post by One Parking Solution, and 2 days later another PCN was issued by them and physically put onto the motorbike. Looking around the car park I have noted there are signs for Horizon Parking and could not see any clear signs for One Parking Solution until really looking around.

I believe the area which the vehicle parked was subject to the jurisdiction of Horizon Parking.

Now the One Parking signs are not clear and are very small (probably a font size 20) and not clearly visible, nor would you go looking for them after reviewing the Horizon signs, the ones which are believed to be applicable at the time. You'll see what I mean in the attached pictures.

Anyway, on OP99 they have the incorrect address, on the OP19 they have the correct keeper address. Do I correct them and let them know their error so that I can get them to review both? I know at this stage I'm likely outside the appeal window as these were issued in January.

Anyway I'm attaching pictures of the Horizon signs (for comparison), One Parking Solution sign, and all currently received letters (with personal information removed)

Also, a quick additional note, the car on the kerb in OP99 NTK/PCN did not receive the same notice.

I look forward to your advice.

http://imgur.com/a/PifQt < All images have been uploaded to this folder.

OP99
Alleged offence date 03/01/2017
Postal PCN - Date of sending 25/01/2017
NTK - Date of sending 24/02/2017
NTK - Received 27/02/2017

OP19
Alleged offence date 05/01/2017
PCN was left on the Motorbike seat
NTK - Date of sending 16/03/2017
NTK - Received 20/03/2017

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,240 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 10:08AM
    Options
    Redact the PCN numbers from your post NOW!

You can upload images to a web hosting site such as tunypic or photobucket (but don't register the account in your real name) then post the URLs here but change http to hxxp. Someone here will then change it back to a live link.

Get photos of the site ASAP that show the areas covered by each parking scammer.

Do not correct the information on the PCNs. Don't do their job for them and don't help them in case the mistakes work in your favour. By doing so you may inadvertently give away the driver's identity.

You will need to appeal the postal NTK as soon as you have established "jurisdiction" over the parking area. If it is indeed monitored by Horizon, then you add that as a one liner to the BPA template in blue from the NEWBIES thread.

The PCN left on the bike should be appealed around day 26 using the same BPA template, and the same one liner if appropriate.

If the place where the rider parked the bike is covered by Horizon, you should also complain to the BPA and DVLA.

What happened when you complained to the landowner?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • ParkingFun
    Options
    Hi Fruitcake :)

Those are only dummy numbers to allow people to follow accordingly and make it easier when responding. Makes it easier when looking at the pictures and the thread to follow which I am talking about.

Cheers though.
  • Fruitcake
    edited 28 April 2017 at 10:41AM
    Options
    ParkingFun wrote: »
    Hi Fruitcake :)

Those are only dummy numbers to allow people to follow accordingly and make it easier when responding. Makes it easier when looking at the pictures and the thread to follow which I am talking about.

Cheers though.

The debt collector letter can be ignored. You should still determine which company operates where the bike was parked and complain to the BPA and DVLA if it's Horizon not One Parking.

Even if it was Horizon, the signage is carp and the keeper would easily win at PoPLA.
  • ParkingFun
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Redact the PCN numbers from your post NOW!

You can upload images to a web hosting site such as tunypic or photobucket (but don't register the account in your real name) then post the URLs here but change http to hxxp. Someone here will then change it back to a live link.

Get photos of the site ASAP that show the areas covered by each parking scammer.

Do not correct the information on the PCNs. Don't do their job for them and don't help them in case the mistakes work in your favour. By doing so you may inadvertently give away the driver's identity.

You will need to appeal the postal NTK as soon as you have established "jurisdiction" over the parking area. If it is indeed monitored by Horizon, then you add that as a one liner to the BPA template in blue from the NEWBIES thread.

The PCN left on the bike should be appealed around day 26 using the same BPA template, and the same one liner if appropriate.

If the place where the rider parked the bike is covered by Horizon, you should also complain to the BPA and DVLA.

What happened when you complained to the landowner?

Am I not well outside of the appeal period as these were issued in January?

I contacted the local council and as yet have been unable to ascertain who the landowner is. Can you advise the best way to find this out?
  • Fruitcake
    edited 28 April 2017 at 10:29AM
    Options
    By the way, it is not a fine.

Is that your real name on the image website, FAO XXX XXXXXXXX? If so, you need to upload the images in a dummy name as I mentioned in my first reply to you. Delete the web address from your post until you have fixed your schoolboy error.
    You can also be identified by the date and time on the ZZPS letter.

Please give the dates of the two alleged events, or was this the same event and the PCN left on the bike was ignored for some reason?
    We need the date of the alleged event and if there was a notice to driver left on the bike, and the date the corresponding NTK was received by the keeper.
    It makes it easier if all the dates are here in your post rather than having to try to piece it all together on another website.
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Am I not well outside of the appeal period as these were issued in January?

I contacted the local council and as yet have been unable to ascertain who the landowner is. Can you advise the best way to find this out?

Until you can give the dates as requested above I can't answer the first question.

The land registry is the definitive way of finding out who owns the land. There is a small charge for this. Does your employer know who it is, and who contracted the scammers.
  • ParkingFun
    ParkingFun Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2017 at 10:47AM
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    By the way, it is not a fine.

Please give the dates of the two alleged events, or was this the same event and the PCN left on the bike was ignored for some reason?
    We need the date of the alleged event and if there was a notice to driver left on the bike, and the date the corresponding NTK was received by the keeper.
    It makes it easier if all the dates are here in your post rather than having to try to piece it all together on another website.

OPS99
    NTK - Received 27/02/2017

OPS19
    NTK - Received 20/03/2017
  • Fruitcake
    edited 28 April 2017 at 10:46AM
    Options
    OPS99

OPS19

Again, the date you received the NTKs please.

I added some extra information to post 6. You need to edit your first post accordingly.

It would also help if the NTD and NTK from the first alleged were in the order you received them not the other way round, and to add text to that effect on the web hosting site.
  • ParkingFun
    Options
    Thanks Fruitcake. Did my damndest not to make it painful yet somehow managed it.

Ok, I think I've corrected everything..... reading through now to double check. Images should all be good and I think I've got the ordering right now.
  • Fruitcake
    edited 28 April 2017 at 11:09AM
    Options
    I'm thoroughly confused by all of this.

How can the PCN date of sending of a notice to driver left on the bike be the 24th of Jan when the date of the alleged event was the 1st of Jan?
    To be left on the vehicle the date of issue must be the same. Please confirm that the PCN was the note left on the bike.

The second NTK is too late to invoke keeper liability. It must be received by day 56 starting the day after the alleged event. It wasn't sent until day 67 so must have been received after that.

Do you have any images of the OPS signs? Are there any OPS signs? If not, then complaints to the BPA and DVLA must be sent
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business