Crafty Bargain of the Day!

Comments

• Hermia wrote: »
    My local TK Maxx has gone craft crazy in the last couple of weeks and I have picked up some great bargains. They've had lots of docrafts, American Crafts, scrapbooking pads and lots of lots of American brands that are usually difficult to get over here.

A big THANK YOU, Hermia, for reminding me that TX Maxx has a crafting section in most stores - because I'd forgotten completely! But when reading your post I made a mental note to drop in next time I was in the right area, and I'm so glad that I did because they had a bit of a clearance on some of the craft items and I managed to get a whole load of different toppers & general 'decorations' for just a few pounds. The best buy was a little bundle they'd tagged together, which was six different packs of adornments for paper-crafting (cards, scrapbooking, ATC, ACEO etc) and all for just one pound. Each of them (I hazard a guess at) would normally have cost me at least 99p each, if not more, because they were a good brand.

Thanks again Hermia.

Chaos Monkey - Thanks for the link to Bebebubu, and the update on the missing part of the order. I shall take a peep when I have some spending money for more 'goodies'.
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • pateroo
    pateroo Posts: 252 Forumite
    Popped into my tk max and they do indeed have a crafty section. Not massively cheap-"designer" craft stuff at hobbycraft prices. But I'll certainly make a point of popping in when I'm nearby to see if anything has been red stickered!! :o) x
  • Battybird
    Battybird Posts: 315
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If anyone in the Preston area wants to buy a Ranger Melting Pot, the craft shop called "Inspirations," at Walton-le-Dale, post code PR5 4AR, has it on offer for £28.99. ;)

We visited last week, as they had an Extravaganza week, with lots of demos, and hubby treated me to a melting pot on my birthday. We went to the shop again yesterday and it was still on offer.
    ( I think a sign said the offer is on for a week, but I don't know if it meant all this week, or from last Thursday when we visited.)

I love this 10,000 square foot craft shop. I think(?) a lot of the prices are on par with other craft shops, but they often have fantastic offers on.
    Last week I bought a lovely tree die, half price, and went back yesterday to buy some cut and fold dies half price. They had a lot of Christmas decoupage and Hunkydory at low prices.

When I go to this shop I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. I've never seen so many dies in my life.

If any of you visit, there is a coffee lounge which also has a leather sofa. Twice yesterday, I caught my husband nodding asleep with his mouth open. :D

(Just want to add that I have no association with this shop, so don't think I'm advertising.)
  • pateroo
    Do they have a website? X
    Battybird wrote: »
    If anyone in the Preston area wants to buy a Ranger Melting Pot, the craft shop called "Inspirations," at Walton-le-Dale, post code PR5 4AR, has it on offer for £28.99. ;)

We visited last week, as they had an Extravaganza week, with lots of demos, and hubby treated me to a melting pot on my birthday. We went to the shop again yesterday and it was still on offer.
    ( I think a sign said the offer is on for a week, but I don't know if it meant all this week, or from last Thursday when we visited.)

I love this 10,000 square foot craft shop. I think(?) a lot of the prices are on par with other craft shops, but they often have fantastic offers on.
    Last week I bought a lovely tree die, half price, and went back yesterday to buy some cut and fold dies half price. They had a lot of Christmas decoupage and Hunkydory at low prices.

When I go to this shop I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. I've never seen so many dies in my life.

If any of you visit, there is a coffee lounge which also has a leather sofa. Twice yesterday, I caught my husband nodding asleep with his mouth open. :D

(Just want to add that I have no association with this shop, so don't think I'm advertising.)
  • Ohh so jealous, Batty! One of my current longings is the Ranger Melting pot .... along with the big 200ml Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and some Beeswax ... oh ... and some of the metallic embossing powders too (so that I can marble!). It's a big want which I think my husband is telling me to ask Father Christmas for (bah humbug) ... but my heart is longing. Let us know how you get on with it, and ... if you feel like sharing ... I'd love to see some photographs of your first makes.
    (So I can melting pot craft vicariously) lol. ~ T.C. xxx
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Let us know how you get on with it, and ... if you feel like sharing ... I'd love to see some photographs of your first makes.
    (So I can melting pot craft vicariously) lol. ~ T.C. xxx

Think you may have a long wait, it's still in it's packet. :D Crafting fascinates me, but I usually end up just playing with stuff like a little girl, but not actually making anything. I really enjoy just messing about.
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    pateroo wrote: »

There is a website cardcraftplus.co.uk and at the bottom of the page you can order a free catalogue. I've never read the catalogue so don't know what is in it. At the top of the homepage, if you click on the word Inspirations, you can read about the shop. Sorry I can't do links. (unless my son is here to do it for me!)

I remember the first time I visited the shop and talking to a lady who was filling shelves. I said to her that I bet she spent most of her wages buying craft. She grinned and said that she owned the shop. :D

Pareroo, still not had the chance to visit Llandudno. For future reference, are the craft shops (and other shops) open on a Sunday?
  • Battybird
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    pateroo wrote: »

There is a website cardcraftplus.co.uk and at the bottom of the page you can order a free catalogue. I've never read the catalogue so don't know what is in it. At the top of the homepage, if you click on the word Inspirations, you can read about the shop. Sorry I can't do links. (unless my son is here to do it for me!)

I remember the first time I visited the shop and talking to a lady who was filling shelves. I said to her that I bet she spent most of her wages buying craft. She grinned and said that she owned the shop. :D

Pareroo, still not had the chance to visit Llandudno. For future reference, are the craft shops (and other shops) open on a Sunday?
  • pateroo
    Battybird wrote: »
    There is a website cardcraftplus.co.uk and at the bottom of the page you can order a free catalogue.

Brill, thanks! Ill have a look

Ooo I'm not sure-I've only been in the week! Well try n find out! X
  • I planned to get some patterns for christmas tree ornaments in felt to teach my great-niece how to sew, imagine my pleasure in coming across Asda selling packs of 10 x A4 sheets of felt at £2 per pack!! Now I can take her from simple sewing to complicated embroidery!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure