2017 - Spend less, live more

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    chanie wrote: »

Double saving today. Tesco were selling Easter eggs half price at 75p each. I also had a club card voucher for £4, so paid £1.25 for 7 eggs.

Chanie I got some of the Mars and Chunky Kitkat 75p Easter Eggs as well in my online shopping for my grandchildren :D
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Chanie I got some of the Mars and Chunky Kitkat 75p Easter Eggs as well in my online shopping for my grandchildren :D

Great minds think alike.
  • chanie
    edited 14 March 2019 at 8:08PM
    I wanted a tote bag for shopping and my plan was to get a really nice one with my birthday money. I found the perfect bag and was going to wait until thr sales. But, I found it on eBay (New, without tags) saving £260 on the rrp. It arrives yesterday and I am over the moon with my bargain.
  • sugarbaby125
    Chanie you found a fantastic bargain with that tote bag on eBay. You are becoming a complete eBay expert :D
  • chanie
    edited 14 March 2019 at 12:47PM
    Chanie you found a fantastic bargain with that tote bag on eBay. You are becoming a complete eBay expert :D

That's all thanks to you, Sugar.

I hadn't been on ebay for years, but I rejoined on the back of all the bargains you were posting. If I'm after a specific item, I will check ebay on the off chance that I can find a bargain. My bag was £400 in the shops, but I got it for £130 on ebay - it doesn't have the tags, but is otherwise new.
  • sugarbaby125
    Chanie, I am always amazed at the much lower prices for new items that I want on eBay compared to buying the same item online or in the high street. :D

I am currently treating myself to some new sandals, lingerie and other items for my upcoming holiday in May and once again I can find what I need on eBay. :D
  • chanie
    I know, I still can't believe that I have got the two items I have been coveting (the bag and a bottle of perfume) for £200 as opposed to the rrp of £500.

It now means I can stretch my money even further!!
  • chanie
    Lots of savings recently.

We have recently visited 3 English heritage sites with a Corporate membership and saved £161. We took a picnic to save money but we treated ourselves to cake and ice cream.

£30 saved in the Sainsburys TU clothing sale. I placed an online order as soon as the sale went live, but when I went to pick up the order, I bought a few more items.

The downside is that we have had a few spends recently. We had to replace our kettle, plus repairs on the car, fridge and vacuum cleaner. Hopefully, we have finished our run of bad luck.
  • chanie
    Gosh, I haven't updated in quite a while.

I thought I should get this thread started again. Whilst things are ticking along okay, me and OH have decided we need to pull in the reigns, financially speaking and manage our money better.

I will update later.
  • chanie
    I recently celebrated my big birthday and I finally got to enjoy all of the nice items I had been keeping aside. I saved £400 on the items I bought including the bag mentioned upthread, through bargain hunting via tk Maxx, the sales and eBay. It goes to show that you rarely need to pay full price for anything if you are willing to do the leg work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure