Advice on misselling by ticketmaster

i was sent this email after purchasing vip tickets mr brightside package for the killers at Swansea. I was disgusted to then receive the email below saying they’d missold this and I could cancel or pay even more! I’ve since asked for clarification of the seats, they can’t tell me until all seats are sold! I’m so let down by their misselling, and I think they are in the wrong, should I push this? Any advice welcome, thank you

Hi there,

We're sorry! There was a mistake with the VIP package content...

Thank you for booking VIP tickets for The Killers on 23 June 2018. We've noticed that, when you made your booking, the VIP package was listed as including "2 Couse meal or 2 drinks vouchers" - this is not included as part of the VIP package and shouldn't have been displayed.

So what's included in the Mr Brightside VIP package?

- Hospitality VIP entrance
- Hospitality seated ticket
- Access into a premium lounge
- Private pay bar facilities
- Souvenir lanyard

If you'd rather upgrade your booking to the Las Vegas package (and paying the additional charge for the difference in price, subject to availability), or cancel your booking altogether (and receive a full refund), please contact us by 17:00 on 13 December 2017. If you'd like to keep your VIP tickets, you don't need to do anything.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs. If what you're looking for isn't quite covered, get in touch with one of the team by sending your question through the helpdesk.

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    So have you kept the tickets, upgraded, or cancelled?

What have Ticketmaster said when you have approached them?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,675 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    If they wanted a response by 13th December you might be a little late. Did you get back to them before that, and what did you tell them you wanted to do? If you didn't respond then they will have assumed you are happy to keep the tickets with the updated amendments
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Yes I replied straightaway asking for details of the seats so i could make a decision, it’s taken them 3 weeks to respond with seats are not allocated yet and basically they’ll refund me. That’s not the point they missold the tickets, of course I want them, I just want what I paid for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure