Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greent
    • By greent 30th Jun 18, 10:17 AM
    • 8,231Posts
    • 83,653Thanks
    greent
    NST 07/2018 - Survive July!
    • 30th Jun 18, 10:17 AM
    NST 07/2018 - Survive July! 30th Jun 18 at 10:17 AM
    • The challenge runs from 1st - 31st July 2018
    • NSDs - if you like to monitor NSDs, choose either the gentler target of 13 or the stretching target of 20 - or set your own somewhere in between! Usual exceptions (fuel, YS items, medical (inc for animals!) etc) apply
    • Remember others - donate money/ items/ time to a charity of your choice. Helping at PTA events comes under this! As do Random Acts of Kindness (RAOKs)
      Pay to your debts or savings FIRST and live off the rest

• Set your budgets
    • Use things up - not just food in cupboards & freezer, but toiletries and excess cleaning products etc - share your wins! Using something up instead of buying something else is
    • Revisit those targets you set back in January. We are halfway through the year !!!8211; how are you doing? - do you need to tweak things to stay/ get back on track or set some new targets/ aims?
    • Vacation time !!!8211; school hols have started for those in Scotland, I believe. For England & Wales the school hols will start this month. Budget accordingly - what free or low cost things can you find to do? - especially for any rainy times. Maybe check local faceb00k pages for details of what!!!8217;s on and any offers. And for those with no bother for school holiday periods, they may be planning their Summer getaways or days out. Make the most of any memberships you have (you've already paid for them, after all! ) and any vouchers you can find. Gr0up0n sometimes has good deals for different things to do - check the local page for anywhere you plan on visiting to see if there are deals on local attractions/ restaurants.
    • Inspire others - share your ideas on here of things to do with kids/ how to keep holiday costs down/ what things you!!!8217;ve used up (especially if you!!!8217;ve used them as a substitute for something)
    • Value for money -research for any planned (or unexpected ) spends. Don't forget cashback sites for purchases. Often banks seem to have offers you can activate for cashback on debit card purchases - if you're going to spend then getting some money back is a bonus!
    • Every day - check in and also remember your daily gratitudes.

• Jump - or run, garden, swim, walk !!!8211; we all know that being active is good for us - ideally 3 or more sessions a week. Take care in warm weather and stay hydrated.
    • Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Picnics for days out are great - maybe have a budget for ice creams and extra drinks for the way home. Social plans are hopefully already thought of (birthday meals/ takeaways/ night in pub for football etc) and can be budgeted accordingly
    • Lose the excess. Most of us have too much stuff. Declutter. Use things up. Donate to a worthwhile cause. Sell books/ CDs/ old games on Z1ff1t/ Mus1c Magp1e (not forgetting to go through a cashback site first) Sell on flebay/ gumtree/ faceb00k/ car boot sale - any money made can either be put towards debt/ savings or maybe summer treats (you all know your own situations and what would work for you) If there's excess weight, maybe jump/ run/ walk a little more and be mindful of what you are eating. Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made
    • Yearly plans -we are halfway through 2018. If you haven't planned on how to finance Christmas/ birthdays in the second half of the year/ DIY things which need doing (we keep an ongoing list of large and small jobs and try to knock something off it each month)/ any holiday plans you may have - NOW is the time to think about this. Perhaps draw up a list of birthdays between now and January and also a Xmas list and keep an eye out for items/ put money aside monthly. Don't forget yourself -make a list of what you!!!8217;d like for Xmas and then you'll be prepared when asked!

So come along for the journey, Turtles - let's encourage one another to not just survive July, but to enjoy it as well! xx
    Last edited by greent; 02-07-2018 at 3:58 PM.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786 12/18 £54829 2019 OPs (#18) £4675/£5K
    Net sales 2019 £619.96/£500
Page 14
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 13th Jul 18, 7:23 PM
    • 2,819 Posts
    • 28,531 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    NSD 9/20 Was an NSD today.
    Set - Done the budget for the month.
    Use - Will definitely be doing this. Still trying to using up things already in.
    Revisit - Am going to set new goals. Made a list of goals and bucket list.
    Vacation - Not going on holiday. Planning to have some days out/experiences. Done 2 days out already.
    Inspire - Will try.
    Value - Will look into other ways to save for days out etc.
    Every - Have done. Grateful for:
    Being the start of the weekend this evening.
    Achieving quite a bit in work.
    Doing the clothes washing when I got home from work.
    Doing self-care today.
    Jump - Will definitely do walking as it will help my mental health also. Walked to bus stop from work and some walking around the school doing errands.
    Unless - No need today.
    Lose - Done decluttering for now. Still need to take items to cs.
    Yearly - Have made a list as to what needs to done or going out trips/experiences/voluntary work for rest of the year.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2019
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NST: August Adventures
    • plumduff55
    • By plumduff55 13th Jul 18, 8:04 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 5,747 Thanks
    plumduff55
    A very spendy day for me today

I was doing really well until I saw a lovely top on sale for £10, couldn't stop myself and I bought it In my defence it should have been £30 - I love it and it'll be brilliant for my holiday next month. Enough said !!!

I saved petrol by using my bus pass to a nearby town where I met my friend. We went for a leisurely walk and ate our picnic looking over beautiful views. As we walked back we were tempted into a shop where we both spent money.

I don't usually shop in Iceland but as it was near the bus stop I bought some groceries. I was surprised by their low prices. I bought
    Bread, milk, tomatoes, margarine, carrots and a lettuce for £4.89. I also bought a TV paper at a local shop. Total grocery shop was £5.46.

As usual on a Friday I had dinner at mums who gave me the leftover boiled potatoes. I love them fried on a sandwich with brown sauce so that will be a nice treat for tomorrow.

I posted off 2 items I've sold on eBay - I'm not including the postage cost in my spends as I have been paid that by the buyers.

I'll really need to stay away from shops if I'm to reach my target. Total spends this month is £27.05/£50 xx

HELP anyone - how do I add my total NSD and spends at the bottom of my post?
    Last edited by plumduff55; 13-07-2018 at 8:08 PM.
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 13th Jul 18, 9:10 PM
    • 864 Posts
    • 5,239 Thanks
    swimminginaseaofdebt
    Evening everyone,

Itís the 9th check in for me this month.

Iím now up to 5 NSDs and my social spends are at £50.43.

Sent £2 to my EF this morning.

Walked to the library and back today.

Have started reading another library book, my 3rd of the month.

Off to see Peppa Pig in the theatre tomorrow with the little one (forgot about this when I set my targets for the month), will treat us to a wee McDs after I think depending on his mood. I donít normally take him to paid activities, apart from soft play, so itíll be nice to do something different.
    SPC11 #564 - £186.83
    SPC12 #22 - In Progress

VSPC 2019 #10 - £132.88/£100
    • swimminginaseaofdebt
    • By swimminginaseaofdebt 13th Jul 18, 9:13 PM
    • 864 Posts
    • 5,239 Thanks
    swimminginaseaofdebt
    HELP anyone - how do I add my total NSD and spends at the bottom of my post?
    Originally posted by plumduff55
    Go to profile > your settings > edit signature
    SPC11 #564 - £186.83
    SPC12 #22 - In Progress

VSPC 2019 #10 - £132.88/£100
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 13th Jul 18, 9:21 PM
    • 5,819 Posts
    • 46,409 Thanks
    DawnW
    Evening all

Not been great at checking in but my excuse for the last two days at least is a nasty stomach bug
    Very spendy day, as OH had to pay for nearly £600 of dental treatment The bills just won't let up at the moment
    Also need to pay the house and contents insurance but that at least is not unexpected!
    We had some rain at last, so have spent the evening planting out leek seedlings and sowing carrot, beetroot and radish seed

NSDs not going well though I don't take much notice of them tbh. I find shopping little and often suits me better, all the more during the current hot weather.

And I still need to do my food bank donation, which for some reason I haven't got around to yet this month.

• mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 13th Jul 18, 10:28 PM
    • 3,121 Posts
    • 33,968 Thanks
    mothernerd
    plumduff55 go to the top of the page. The green bar above the title has a number of entries on it - click on user CP. This takes you to a page with a green side bar - click on signature. It should bring up a box for you to make a signature, press 'save signature' at the end. If you want to change it (to add extra NSDs) you go to User CP and under the entry for signature, click on edit signature - your signature will appear in a box and you can make changes (again save the new signature when you are happy with it)
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST Nov No 13 No Debt No mortgage
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 13th Jul 18, 10:41 PM
    • 5,153 Posts
    • 45,946 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Hello
    Not sure how I got through today really. I'm so tired and my hay fever is so grotty that I feel quite dizzy. Plus it's hot and the kids are all tired and can't be bothered, and neither can I. 5 more school get ups - didn't help that I left work over an hour late tonight (although there was a good reason for it).
    Still, I got home and have spent the entire evening mopping up the little bits of marking here and there. I can almost declare it complete now - I have 1 electronic paper to review, and once I get the ok from my boss I have 6 reports to upload, then I'm done until January. YES!
    I will literally not know what to do from tomorrow - although sleep is pretty high up there.
    Nothing to report mse wise - no spends, no time.
    NST November #5 NSD = 6
    I am honestly trying my best
    • plumduff55
    • By plumduff55 13th Jul 18, 11:00 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 5,747 Thanks
    plumduff55
    Just checking to see if signature is working
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order )
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 13th Jul 18, 11:02 PM
    • 3,121 Posts
    • 33,968 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Had a tough day. Yesterday I originally planned to do a small Morries shop after both my early morning appointment and the afternoon one to stock up on toilet rolls, wraps and raw veg for salads. The infirmary bus runs between the infirmary and the sports village (large site with the stadium, swimming pool, gym, sixth form college and Morries) all day.

But because my morning appointment got complicated and I was so wiped out I got off in the Town Centre and went home (4 and a half hour window turned into just enough time to eat and head back to the infirmary).

Which left me aching all over today, with a mahoosive shoping list from mum and chanting "I will not feel sorry for myself" (The final step is repeating "I will not cry" over and over - a system developed when I used to deliver the local paper x 5 rounds on days when it would not stop raining, I'd had to change my clothes 3 times and then a white van man splashed through a puddle and drenched my from the feet upwards).

Was really hungry but had eaten my way through most of my supplies (hence the need for wraps). Mum wanted 'all the salad' plus fruit from Aldini so in the end I was very bad - had a taxi to the McD's (evil empire) on the retail park and then went into the big Aldini (it's been open 2 years and it's the first time I've been in, usually go to the small one a few blocks away from me) hoping to get as much as possible of the list from there.

Came away with about 7 bags full - the only things I still have to get are a red washing up bowl and a big roll of cotton wool - they only had cotton wool pads. A few things for me but mum feeds everyone else who goes to her house so I'm letting her pay, for once. Also brought back some salad bits which she did not want - told her 'all the salad things was too vague. Got her to try more than usual, which is good. Taxi to mum's.

Put everything away, in stages. She had started the new jigsaw but wanted my help (I do the boring/ difficult bits, she gets to do the brightly coloured bits and likes doing the edges). She has problems because of only having one working eye and struggles to pick up the pieces so it's all useful therapy.

She said she wanted to have the table clear, so when I went back to add to the jigsaw, I found places in the cupboards for the other jigsaws, all the garden bits and all the tools I have taken there. She was so relieved that I had done it for her.

Need to work on the kitchen and bathroom tomorrow so hoping my arms and legs are in good working order. I really need to set up my routines and add a lot of emergency back ups - I have bought wholemeal barm cakes so will fill them with tuna and freeze. Think I might have an emergency cleaning supplies box as well - I think packs of wipes are a waste of money but they have been helpful in the past when I've been ill so it might be worth getting some and stashing them away.

I want to have a good clear out but can't touch their stuff which is about 75% of the house contents (must work that out, keep my brain occupied so I can ignore and painful niggles and work my way round in zombie fashion - see it, wet it, wipe it, leave to dry0.

Today I am grateful for lots of rain in a short time (and glad I wasn't out in it), for keeping going and finding a solution when I wanted to hide under the bedclothes - it's time to turn off the laptop. See you tomorrow turtles.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST Nov No 13 No Debt No mortgage
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 13th Jul 18, 11:26 PM
    • 3,245 Posts
    • 30,870 Thanks
    sashanut
    No 12 checking in
    Hi all

Which part of Ireland are you going to Foxh0les?

Will try for 13 NSDs & hope to get nearer to 20....now 8/13

Set your budgets not yet done
    Use Most definitely want to do this; have a mountain of food & stuff to clear. No listing today either - DH decided to investigate the front shed (which I tend to forget about) as he said it was full of stuff....indeed it was...including 3 more large plastic crates of my stuff Lots of great things for selling but as before all need washing & then ironing. Have made a start!

Revisit Targets were like other peoples I think, to lose weight (not really); to declutter - some progress; to stop wasting money - also some progress there..will list any weight losses/stuff leaving the house/money gained by selling...when it happens.. Still £44.26 so far..plus £5 voucher for doing a survey; £49.26 Another £3 voucher today: still £52.26. Have more to add, just need to total up. Still £134.12, less postage.

Vacation Have already booked to go to Ireland for 3 weeks from July; aim to sell some stuff to pay for spends over there. Will also be planning some days out & at least another visit to the Old Country later in the year, probably 2. Less than 2 weeks to go now, the clock is ticking...

Value Always do try to use cashback sites where possible, and find value for money in shopping. Also have a card which gives me vouchers; and do some work which pays in vouchers too. Use cheaper supermarkets & have HB & Fultons here as well, which are both good for some stuff. Finding a lot of stores to use without going shopping atm, the stockpile is food as well as other stuff.

Every Checking in 13/31

Gratitudes: Finding lots of lovely stuff, some of which I can wear; tasty meal out of very little - my favourite 'summat out of nowt' ; finally some rain this evening.

Jump No jumping here either but in the garden every day when possible. Do try to drink water but struggle with this. Outside twice today, but no watering necessary - only in greenhouse.

Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Nope.

Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made:
    So far have put on a pound in weight & made £134.12 - more to come. Lost the pound I put on last week..no more sales as yet

Yearly we are halfway through 2018. Good idea, will have a big list of outside jobs that need doing/big/small & in between. Even DH making lists now & actually getting stuck in, which I am very happy about..

Go turtles!
    Last edited by sashanut; 13-07-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 14th Jul 18, 8:33 AM
    • 753 Posts
    • 8,736 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Good morning all

Today is not a NSD I don't think as I am off to do the race for life & I'm expecting to pay parking. I also need to pick up some badges/towels I put in to the tailors + it's families day. It should mainly be free but there might be the odd thing I have to pay for.

I have £42 left in my account but I'm hoping I have enough cash on me to pay for all these things & a little shopping for the week

I did buy a dinosaur toy from toy story yesterday for my son for Xmas. They love all things toy story & have the Woody & buzz toys. Amazon prices (& everywhere else) the toy was ranging between 50 & 65 pounds Anyway it temporarily dropped to £39 last night & so I bought it. I know this seems insane to most people but the truth is that now I have kids Xmas costs me about £800 & we just couldn't do it all in one go & keep our saving up. I refuse to get in debt for it. So I just do it as I go along picking up bits along the way. I am always grateful for having done this when December cones around & I can still afford to eat
    • Puddleglum
    • By Puddleglum 14th Jul 18, 10:18 AM
    • 705 Posts
    • 5,223 Thanks
    Puddleglum
    Good morning everyone. It's been so long since I posted, I think I'd better introduce myself. I'm Puddleglum and I've just finished marking! Just a few reports to write now.

Fantastic feeling! I've only racked up 5 no spend days this month for one reason or another so need to get a grip from now on. Today is not looking good for getting a grip though.

I've managed to save up some money towards going self employed in September which is reassuring. I've contacted a supply agency to see if they can use another science/maths teacher on their books (just in case I don't make a fortune straight away!) and just about got my hand bitten off. It is looking good - just need to catch up with all the studying that has been neglected over the past few months.

Hope everyone has a good, thrifty Saturday.
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

April 2019 - pick myself up, dust myself down and give myself a stern talking to.
    Grocery spend £5814/£80
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 14th Jul 18, 10:41 AM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 24,279 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Hi all

Which part of Ireland are you going to Foxh0les?
    Originally posted by sashanut
    One set in Co. Meath, one set in Co. Antrim.

About an hour and a half / two hours away from each other.
    MFW#65 5/16 £118,3 10/17£109,4 12/17 £108,85/18£106,9 6/18£105,9, 8/18£103,9 9/18£102,9 10/18£101,9 11/18£101,3 12/18£100,7 1/19 £99,999 1/3 £98,91/4 £98,5 1/5 £97,9 1/6 £97,5 1/8 £96,5 1/9 £95,9.1/10 £95,51/11£94,999.99L&C Referal code- https://referme.to/GNNHtJo
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 14th Jul 18, 11:05 AM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 24,279 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Well, the weather although I find it horrid, is rather wonderful for line drying and a fast turnaround on bath towels! Hooray! Low bills for this quarter predicted.

Aldi yesterday as they are having their school uniform 'event' ( 2 white polo shirts for £1.75) Stocked up for next academic year.

Today I have no idea what I am doing. I have a list, and plenty of thing that need doing, but it is the first day of the school holidays and I might just pretend I am on holiday. Got lots of ys peppers and tomatoes and cukes yesterday, so it is salad all the way today.

Filled my car up with petrol as I am borrowing DHs car for the Ireland trip and it always winds me up he hands his over with 1/4 tank in it. I am better than that.

We are going away for a daycation tomorrow. One night in a YH up the road - less than an hour away, but I got 2 x rooms for £26 total in the sale. Before I knew the dates of the Ireland trip. Besides, who wants to be stuck in a car with 4 kids in this weather for more than an hour?? (remembers she is driving to Liverpool next week - might break the journey at Trentham Monkey Forest (Stoke) - anyone been??)

So we are planning on going to the forest, the reservoir, the abbey, the outdoor swimming pool and just having one night away.

Then they can come home and spend their time on their beloved computers for three days before I drag them away to the land of no wifi (eek!!)for a fortnight's
    Digital Detox.

Will look in the cupboards and devise a cunning meal plan - saw Greg and Charlie on Eat Well For Less with some pillocks spending a million quid a week on takeaways - but there was a green lentil+coconut dahl recipe that I have all the ingredients for - i want to run down my pulses stash. I can always freeze some while the freezer is only being used for ice cubes and lollies and ice cream.

Have a great Saturday
    MFW#65 5/16 £118,3 10/17£109,4 12/17 £108,85/18£106,9 6/18£105,9, 8/18£103,9 9/18£102,9 10/18£101,9 11/18£101,3 12/18£100,7 1/19 £99,999 1/3 £98,91/4 £98,5 1/5 £97,9 1/6 £97,5 1/8 £96,5 1/9 £95,9.1/10 £95,51/11£94,999.99L&C Referal code- https://referme.to/GNNHtJo
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 14th Jul 18, 3:20 PM
    • 2,835 Posts
    • 27,447 Thanks
    Fmess
    Foxholes ive not been to the monkey forest but it!!!8217;s near me and anyone I know who!!!8217;s been says it!!!8217;s lovely.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 13/15 Food 105/120 Personal 380/350 Petrol 80.01/80
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 14th Jul 18, 5:19 PM
    • 2,287 Posts
    • 22,711 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    NSD NO 8
    It's a holiday weekend here and very hot again. I've been quite good again eating wise and had a bit of a walk this morning but not nearly far enough. Must start in earnest on Monday.
    • cuddlymarm
    • By cuddlymarm 14th Jul 18, 6:01 PM
    • 1,357 Posts
    • 8,198 Thanks
    cuddlymarm
    Hi guys
    No more NSDs since my last check in. Yesterday I needed a card and birthday cake for my eldest for him and girlfriend and youngest coming for the day. We treated them all to lunch out minus desert because we had cake.
    I also had to pop out to buy trousers because I got offered a job yesterday. I start Monday. Itís only part time but itís money coming in that wasnít. So Iím going to clear my credit card first, then put some savings away while paying some towards Novemberís holiday.
    Donít think Iíll bother with tea because Iím still full of cake.
    Another positive is that Iíve no birthdays that require a present until September now ( just an inexpensive card) so that will help our budget.
    Iím grateful for my lovely sons, a lovely sunny day and a yummy meal out.
    I hope everyone is keeping well and having a good weekend.
    Cuddles
    2019 Grocery Spend £1145.34/£2000
    October GS £60/£200
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 14th Jul 18, 6:27 PM
    • 2,819 Posts
    • 28,531 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    cuddlymarm - Congratulations regarding your new job. Wishing you all the best.
    NSD 9/20 Was a spend day. Got the food shopping. Should last the end of the month. Only need to get top up over the next few weeks.
    Set - Done the budget for the month.
    Use - Will definitely be doing this. Still trying to using up things already in.
    Revisit - Am going to set new goals. Made a list of goals and bucket list.
    Vacation - Not going on holiday. Planning to have some days out/experiences. Done 2 days out already.
    Inspire - Will try.
    Value - Will look into other ways to save for days out etc. Got price guarantee voucher - £3.52. Will save for my next shop at MrA - to use by 11 August.
    Every - Have done. Grateful for:
    Sorting office - picked up the buddybox from the mental health support organisation. Nice items in it this month.
    Having a couple of hours sleep this morning when I came back from shopping.
    Watching the men's tennis semi final.
    Doing self-care today.
    Jump - Will definitely do walking as it will help my mental health also. Only walked around doing the food shopping.
    Unless - No need today.
    Lose - Done decluttering for now. Still need to take items to cs.
    Yearly - Have made a list as to what needs to done or going out trips/experiences/voluntary work for rest of the year.
    Last edited by Kerry Woman; 14-07-2018 at 6:29 PM.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2019
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NST: August Adventures
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 14th Jul 18, 7:20 PM
    • 5,153 Posts
    • 45,946 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Good luck with the new job cuddlymarm Congratulations...
    I can officially declare exam marking season to be over! Now I just need for the money to start rolling in, and hoping that it doesn't have to roll straight back out again. Still struggling a bit to make ends meet but now I have the time for budgeting and care with food prep etc it should get easier.
    Decluttered a full charity bag of clothing this afternoon - just my own clothes. Every now and again I just get quite ruthless and bin off a load of stuff - which I've done today.
    Not a nsd as I had to do a small shop - £17.90 in L1dl, but nothing other than that.
    5 more school get ups, and I am so very grateful for the nice weather, my kids being able to entertain themselves and the fact that I can sleep all day tomorrow if I want to.
    NST November #5 NSD = 6
    I am honestly trying my best
    • plumduff55
    • By plumduff55 14th Jul 18, 7:38 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 5,747 Thanks
    plumduff55
    NSD 11/20 for me today - great after all the spending I did yesterday.

USE - I made individual trifles for dinner today and tomorrow. I used the sponge from cupcakes for the base. Then topped with a quarter of a block of jelly made up and chopped peaches ( BBE August 2016 but looked and tasted fine) then 1/4 pt of Birds custard and topped with a squirt of cream. I always buy cans of squirty cream when I'm on my own. Lasts for ages - I write the date on the outside of the can when I open it otherwise I might be using it for a year (only kidding ).

USE - Slices of home made meat loaf and cauliflower cheese used from the freezer. Then just cooked roast potatoes in the air fryer.

LOSE - Gradually collecting stuff in the boot of my car to take to the charity shop.

YEARLY - Hoping to go through my present cupboard tomorrow and write a list of presents needed for Xmas.

GRATITUDE - I visited a friend today who's recently been diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer and her spirit and outlook are amazing. I feel ashamed that I moan about my sore knee and wonky shoulder.

That's all for now xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order )
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

734Posts Today

6,944Users online

Martin's Twitter