Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 8th Jul 08, 7:17 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    Great Isnít it Obvious MoneySaving Hunt: Tell us the secrets you didn't know you had
    • 8th Jul 08, 7:17 PM
    Great Isnít it Obvious MoneySaving Hunt: Tell us the secrets you didn't know you had 8th Jul 08 at 7:17 PM
    Some daily MoneySaving routines are so ingrained theyíre second nature; but you mightnít realise youíre being clever. So I thought Iíd tap all MoneySaversí wealth of knowledge to dig out those little gems. Do you keep an Overseas Wallet like me? Save old batteries because they still work in less demanding gadgets? Measure your water before boiling the kettle. Please tell us your little gems.

Click reply to share your suggestions

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Page 26
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 25th Oct 09, 4:58 PM
    • 9,068 Posts
    • 32,922 Thanks
    Primrose
    As a child I remember my granny tearing out out the sheets of paper from her telephone directories and Yellow Pages and using them as loo paper instead of buying toilet rolls. I bet the DynaRod people got plenty of business clearing the sewers around her neck of the woods.
    • Mary_Hartnell
    • By Mary_Hartnell 27th Oct 09, 9:03 AM
    • 857 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    Mary_Hartnell
    It is only about 60 years ago that quite well off people would find a source of small squares of paper and then thread them through the corner and hang them up in the smallest room.
    Cheaper than Izal or Bronco and all three types made good drawing paper!

Now should we talk about lining nappies with sphagnum moss?

http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?sphagnum+moss
    Last edited by Mary_Hartnell; 27-10-2009 at 9:07 AM.
    • Homeagain
    • By Homeagain 26th Mar 11, 11:47 PM
    • 541 Posts
    • 742 Thanks
    Homeagain
    For some people every penny counts ... dont be such a cynic .. You sure cant take it with you if you dont have it in the first place ..

any way the only poo at work one was the best ..
    Originally posted by Tazness
    That's unfair! Some people just don't have it; and yes, in my case, every bit counts. Save a penny save a pound!!
    • Homeagain
    • By Homeagain 27th Mar 11, 12:52 AM
    • 541 Posts
    • 742 Thanks
    Homeagain
    points values Tesco 1 point per pound
    Boots 4 point per pound
    Sainsburys 2 points per pound unless you are in Scotland only
    1 point per pound up to a £50 spend.
    Originally posted by WEEGIE
    Sorry, I must have missed the point ... can't buy my groceries or feed my child from Boots. Boots (in my life) is a luxury shop? Yes? No?
  • Kilty
    Sorry, I must have missed the point ... can't buy my groceries or feed my child from Boots. Boots (in my life) is a luxury shop? Yes? No?
    Originally posted by Nicolafine
    If you call toiletries a luxury then I guess so
    • faithless
    • By faithless 27th Mar 11, 12:32 PM
    • 777 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    faithless
    At Boots prices they are!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

793Posts Today

6,949Users online

Martin's Twitter