Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Comments

• SquiggFSM wrote: »
    I use approx 23,000 kWh of electricity a year, so the new tariff will be approximately an additional £1,300 a year for me, will definitely be switching...

That's a helluva lot - are you growing (ahem) herbs???
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thank you for posting.
    Different rates for different regions I'm guessing. Is anyone in the SW?
  • Lol - no - All electric house, including the heating, it's a fairly big house too...
  • Could also be single Fuel Vs Dual Fuel?
  • theyiddo
    theyiddo Posts: 74
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I'll definitely be switching. This works out at c£446 pa more for me than the current cheapest fixed rate tariff at £1486 pa estimated. Also given its so heavily weighted on unit cost and only last up until the point at which I'd expect to turn off the central heating in Mar/Apr, it will likely be worse.
  • StanDerMan wrote: »
    I'll be similarly worse off ... any idea how soon we can switch? My gut is telling me to do it now before First Utility sink their teeth into us.

In the eMail in mentions when they send you the Transfer Complete eMail, but doesn't give a timescale...
  • BigTezza
    BigTezza Posts: 86
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    busybee100 wrote: »
    Thank you for posting.
    Different rates for different regions I'm guessing. Is anyone in the SW?

I'm in Devon and I've just got this -

Gas
    3.701p
    Standing charge - 11.45p per day

Electric
    17.521p
    SC - 13.73p per day

Does anyone know if this tariff is going to be listed on comparison sites to enable a proper comparison?
  • beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 905
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 24 October 2018 at 3:54PM
    theyiddo wrote: »
    Also given its so heavily weighted on unit cost and only last up until the point at which I'd expect to turn off the central heating in Mar/Apr, it will likely be worse.

Yes this is the kicker - I suspect it looks not too bad over the whole year, but will be significantly worse over the winter months when the tariff runs to - though need to wait until I get home to run the numbers.
  • I've just worked mine out and thankfully I'm a light user and still have to pay £142.20 extra a year based on the previous 12 months usage. I'll be switching. I'm in the North West

Does anyone know if you can add your own rates onto the Energy Saving Club as this is listed or as I suspect we are going to have to scroll through and find the cheapest
  • BigTezza wrote: »

Does anyone know if this tariff is going to be listed on comparison sites to enable a proper comparison?

Not sure, but see the previous discussions around the tariff being heavily weighted to unit costs - you need to be doing a comparison over the winter months (Nov-Apr) presuming you have historic readings data, and comparison sites compare over the whole year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure