PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wow, a purple shed, that'll give them something to talk about! Hope you enjoy it, what a clever OH you have.

Life is funny isn't it, life before children, with children, teenagers (never again!) then on your own. Each one has its ups and downs but we keep following the path.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    fuddle, don't stop at purple paint. What about frilly curtains, pelargoniums in a window box, a letterbox and knocker on the door and one of those crooked, metal chimney stacks topped with a conical hood on the roof. I bet your DH could even fashion a nameplate. How does 'Dunroamin' appeal to you? I'd love to see the expression on your stuffy neighbour's face when he cops that lot.

The sun is out and the horses have just gone past on their way to the beach. I think I'll join them. Not to ride you understand, but I do love to see them galloping through the sea and across the sand.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • pandamonium
    pandamonium Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Fuddle, don't forget the bunting and fairy lights whatever you do :D.
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just read the rules through again, fuddle, as some sites have one colour for all sheds...
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    tiredtrophy - did think that could be the case & if so the old fogies would be sure to make a fuss..........:(
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    FPK The knife used to be the first thing on my list. A tin opener because you don't want to be fiddling about with an awkward one, A decent pair of kitchen scissors your bound to need them for something a a few mugs because self catering inevitably has tiny cups and saucers.

Fuddle I hope you can do what ever you want with your shed. The more outlandish the better.

Monna You made me all nostalgic for Anglesey again. I am hoping I have at least a week of feeling well enough to go and visit. I haven't been since before DS was born. I'm still in contact with friends.

Camelot The teenage years were the best. I did it twice 19 years apart. I loved having all their friends around.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    The French have a saying - Si jeunesse savait! Si vieillesse pouvait!

If only youth had the knowledge! If only old age had the capability!

We are where we are. Cannot stand still in time, cannot go backwards, the only other option left is to embrace where we are and who we are. Says she, who in just over two weeks from now will hit a significant birthday, my diamond one. No, not me! That number does not fit who I am...but the calendar does not lie. My workmates are astounded, they never believed I could be 60, I tell them it is a combination of good clean living and having a portrait in the attic that does all the ageing (Oscar Wilde reference there).

What will I do? I have put things in motion to claim my work pension, then carry on working but reduce my hours to two 12 hour shifts a week down from three. Winding down gradually, claiming more time for me and my family. Jobs on the list - clear out the attic while I am still able to shin up and down the ladder. Decluttering the whole place, future-proofing our home. My OH will not know what has hit him, his hoarding days are over!

Oh, and join a yoga or tai chi class. Having successfully avoided exercise classes for years I now accept I need to get fit and supple to deal with the future.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think life needs to be quality as well a quantity.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Kitchen scissors added to the list! As soon as I saw that I thought...well, yes that is obvious, but I didn't think of it! The tin opener was the first thing I wrote down. I can't abide messing about with inferior ones.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback