Holiday ESA

Hi

Found very conflicting results on the Internet, does one need to inform anyone of a 7 day holiday while on esa sg?

Thx x

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    You do not need to inform them of a 7 day holiday.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks TELLIT01, I too went for few days abroad and didn't inform. My question is as I'm in tribunal process regarding my ESA group, will they question me why I went (with relatives)?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    Thanks TELLIT01, I too went for few days abroad and didn't inform. My question is as I'm in tribunal process regarding my ESA group, will they question me why I went (with relatives)?

It is possible that you might be asked about your holiday by the tribunal (if they are somehow aware of it) just to find out how you managed and how this fits with what you have said about the difficulties you experience. If they do that shouldn't be a problem, indeed it may be an opportunity to explain how you were only able to do something because of the help you had to do it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • This question comes up a lot on here and I can guarantee that there will be a mix of advice some saying you must inform others saying not.
    The advice across different dwp sites varies, but if you think that maybe a million or more people on benefits go abroad each year how many do you think inform them? My guess would be not that many, and how would they find out? after all I think around 12 million people go on holiday abroad each year, and if a system can't get UC right then I doubt it is clever enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure