IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ukpc appeal (help)

13»

Comments

• Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Sorry to jump on this thread, but I want to know whether the information above is still correct that UKPC are not allowed to obtain keeper info from DVLA?

A friend received a PCN on 28/09/2018 and has now received a NTK on 31/10/2018.

Are they operating legally? Should an appeal be formulated?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    No, their ban ended

Follow advice on appealing in the newbies FAQ thread
  • Feral_Moon
    Quentin wrote: »
    No, their ban ended

Follow advice on appealing in the newbies FAQ thread

I did, which is where I found the above advice, hence why an appeal wasn't lodged at the 26/27th day stage, as we didn't expect to receive an NTK.

I'm in trouble now as I was tasked with sorting out this appeal, having previously gone through it with the same company, and ironically for the same parking spot :rotfl:

He can't afford to run the risk of it going to court (he'll be out of the country until next summer) or be landed with a CCJ which could adversely affect a mortgage application next year.
  • Feral_Moon
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    UKPC can't send a NTK because the DVLA won't divulge your data. UKPC being banned.

You are worrying about nothing and a keeper appeal will win at POPLA.

Well, apparently they can because we have received one!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    UKPC can't send a NTK because the DVLA won't divulge your data. UKPC being banned.

You are worrying about nothing and a keeper appeal will win at POPLA.

You are quoting from a post made in May.
    What's the point in that?

Quentin told you yesterday that their ban had been lifted.

In fact, why are you posting on this thread at all?

It might be a good idea to start your own thread if you want advice on your situation.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Feral_Moon wrote: »

As you have been told, their ban ended before your situation

So, yes they can
  • Cath68
    Cath68 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    I had a parking ticket today from ukpc...first one ever!! I totally panicked and lodged an appeal straight away as I'm an nhs worker and had my covid 19 permit displayed in the Windscreen...the place I parked was currys which is closed and other cars were parked there! 
    Do I still ignore and future correspondents eyc
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 July 2020 at 4:41PM
    Read the NEWBIE sticky and then start your own thread, you will then get bespoke advice rather than possibly getting it tangled up with this 2-year old thread belonging to someone else.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 July 2020 at 3:20PM
    Welcome! 

But...this is a 2018 thread.  This is not where to post, so please delete your reply and I'll delete mine.

No idea why people would think they can park in a closed Currys...private land where shops are closed is not just there to be used for cars, unless you had permission? 

Don't reply here please, this is an ancient thread.  Let's remove our posts and start again.

Read TODAY'S posts, not 2018 ones.  You need to read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST, up the top, and my signature (coloured words below) tells you how to get there in a nano-second.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback