Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 November 2018 at 5:29PM
    hollowhead wrote: »
    Well I gained+1/2 i just can’t focus :( need a kick up the !!!!! Think I’ll start posting my food , see if that helps. Hope everyone else is doing better :)

I'm sure it will. It helps give me some accountability and it's helpful for planning too.:)
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Thanks maman I hadn't really considered trying to catch up on my evening meal, making bubble and squeak is a brilliant idea I love bubble and squeak and if it's not all eaten it's easy for me to reheat if I'm home late.

Most dinners, I put the veg in serving bowls and so what's left is for me for my lunch with cold meat and pickles. I always make loads more than we will eat especially on Sundays. If it's one of the few meals I plate up (like sausage and mash) then I put some veg in a bowl for me to make sure I have some for the next day.:)
    joedenise wrote: »
    Bozwood have you tried added chopped up veg to your Mugshots? that would up your Speed. Also how about having some HM veg soup as well as the Mugshot? If you don't have time to make soup, you could always use a tinned one as your HEB - there are quite a few you can have but no idea which ones as I always make my own. Of course this assumes you have access to a microwave at lunchtime.

I looked at the soups and I'm suspicious. The only ones listed are either Baxters or New Covent Garden i.e. expensive brands that probably pay to be included. I'd rather make my own syn free and use the HEB to have bread with it!:D

ETA: I looked at syns online. 200g Co-op vegetable or Muligatawny is a HEB or 400g of Morrisons Minestrone.

Bozwood, I know some people only manage to lose very small amounts so maybe that's just your way. What does your consultant say? You said you were writing everything down this month. Have you shown her your food diary? Based on the detail you've posted on here I'd say you don't eat enough and like you said probably not enough Speed. You can lose a bit of weight by eating smaller portions of healthy food but that's not the same as following SW.
    Am pleased to say that I lost the hoped for lb at WI this morning! If I can up this next week to 1.5lb I'll be back bang on target. I'm hoping to get back to bottom end by Christmas!
    :T well done on your pound.

I got half a pound which fortunately was all I needed to get back into target range.:)

I'm philosophical about why it was only a half as I've been 100% on plan this week. It could be that most of my hard work will show up next week or it could be that I didn't have enough syns!:D

This coming week is the last before eating out starts kicking in again so I'll give it my best shot and then it'll be back to the usual juggling.;)
  • LMCD
    LMCD Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 November 2018 at 6:52PM
    hi wonderful people

I am wondering... today I have done free foods mainly apart from some additions to food am at 4 syns today for the count.
    i am full now and dont intend to eat later... is this ok to not use all syns? I didn't have time to stay with the consultant yesterday so we haven't decided the amount I should use. But I am trying to be good so theres no point using it up on a choc or owt else just coz....

help? Thanks in advance
  • Vixstar
    Vixstar Posts: 967 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    0.5lb off for me this week. Usually the way when I'm getting near a shiny, unfortunately the day before weigh in next week I have a work social do so that could be tricky - no idea where we're eating and will have to behave out of character and stick to G&T and soft drinks.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    LCMD - SW say you should have between 5 and 15 syns a day but try to aim for 10 a day.

Have you had plenty of Speed and Protein foods as these are the most important elements of the plan, rather than just Free foods.

We could help you more if you posted what you'd actually eaten.

Maman - pleased for you that you got back into target and avoided having to pay next week, or whenever you go next time! I agree with you about the tinned soups but I was just making the suggestion to Bozwood as a possibility for her HEB and as I said I certainly wouldn't bother as like you I always make my own. Soups are so quick and easy to do. I think the longest time is when you make a root veg soup as roots take much longer than any other veg!

DH and I have decided to spend some syns this evening on rum & diet ginger beer.

Have a good evening everyone and good luck on your journey.

Denise
  • joedenise
    Vixstar wrote: »
    0.5lb off for me this week. Usually the way when I'm getting near a shiny, unfortunately the day before weigh in next week I have a work social do so that could be tricky - no idea where we're eating and will have to behave out of character and stick to G&T and soft drinks.

It's going to be a case of "be good when you can and careful when you can't". Might be worth saving a few syns over the week to help with whatever food is available. Make sure any soft drinks are diet ones although a lot of places only seem to have Diet Coke which I absolutely loathe but hopefully you'll be OK!

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    LCMD - SW say you should have between 5 and 15 syns a day but try to aim for 10 a day.

Have you had plenty of Speed and Protein foods as these are the most important elements of the plan, rather than just Free foods.

We could help you more if you posted what you'd actually eaten.

Maman - pleased for you that you got back into target and avoided having to pay next week, or whenever you go next time! I agree with you about the tinned soups but I was just making the suggestion to Bozwood as a possibility for her HEB and as I said I certainly wouldn't bother as like you I always make my own. Soups are so quick and easy to do. I think the longest time is when you make a root veg soup as roots take much longer than any other veg!

DH and I have decided to spend some syns this evening on rum & diet ginger beer.

Have a good evening everyone and good luck on your journey.

Denise

Thanks:) I am planning to go again next week as I'm hoping to see the benefit of 2 weeks on plan.

Yes, realised the tinned soups were just a suggestion to use up a HEB/convenient at work. What surprised/disappointed me is that on the SW food diary they only listed expensive branded soups so pushing people in that direction IMO. Although I did find a couple of others on syns online although the Co-op near me is very expensive even for own brand stuff.:(

Like denise said LCMD, the amount of daily syns is only fixed at the upper limit of 15 (except for men:mad:) so don't force yourself to have them. Having a few spare might help if you go over another day. Do post your menu if we can help at all.:)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    and with cocaine and with .....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Cheeky and shhhh!!!! dont tell everyone:p:rotfl:
    Bad sunshinemummy!

Well tonight went totally off plan.....

Came in wet from walking the dog so didn't go running, but had a defrosted chilli & rice (couldn't be asked to even pop to Tesco) went & cwtched up in bed to watch The Apprentice......hubby came home early with a bottle of wine.......

Ah well tomorrow's another day
    She is bad, very bad:rotfl:

Well done Denise, maman, vixstar and anyone i missed on your loses:T:T:T

Evening all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Food for today
    Brekkie
    Overnight oats
    1/2 melon

Lunch
    3 boiled eggs
    1/2 melon, this was a eat while driving:eek:

Tea
    tea-001.jpg
    Chicken and mushroom curry with cauli and broc rice, i will stick to cauli rice in future its nicer:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    bubbs wrote: »
    Food for today
    Brekkie
    Overnight oats
    1/2 melon

Lunch
    3 boiled eggs
    1/2 melon, this was a eat while driving:eek:

Tea
    tea-001.jpg
    Chicken and mushroom curry with cauli and broc rice, i will stick to cauli rice in future its nicer:rotfl:

I find the cauli rice really bland. Only had it a couple of times. Have tried just microwaving it and also roasting it but still found it bland. I would have thought that adding the broccoli would have given it a bit more flavour.

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,262 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    1/2 on for me this week.

Not a lover of the cauliflower rice either.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure